Sombre Souls In Seoul (Twice Mina)

Cyr's Short Fic Pile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope you all enjoy this thing, aha...

 

I stood outside of Incheon International Airport with my luggage and fifteen-month-old daughter, Mika, in her stroller.

Originally, a few years back, I had planned to end up moving to South Korea and live there and well, I've technically done that now... With my plus one.

 

After nabbing a cab and lulling Mika back asleep, we'd managed to end up where I was supposed to meet my friend Trevor.

 

JYP Entertainment's Soul Cup Cafe

 

'A cafe huh?' I thought to myself, pushing Mika's stroller towards a table in the corner.

 

"Would you like to order something, Sir?" A waitress asks.

"Just a vanilla latte for myself and if it's possible, some fruit for my daughter," I respond with a smile.

"I can absolutely get you those. Your daughter is adorable and you must not be from here, because of your accent, right?"

"Thank you very much and yes, we're both going to be living in the country now."

"Ah, I see. I'll be back soon with your order." She gives a short bow and walks away.

 

Around five minutes later, our food had arrived and just as quickly, Mika ate all the fruit that I had mashed up for her. She soon got energetic and so I let her out of her stroller and wobble around on her feet around me. 

I had heard my phone notification sound off and I read on the screen that Trevor would soon be arriving.

Just in that short moment, Mika had managed to get out of my sight and the next beat I had heard squealing from a few tables down, closer towards the back of the cafe. Getting up, I instantly had sight of Mika hold onto a woman's pant leg while she was babbling with a huge smile on her face.

 

"Ah, where did you come from cutie?" The woman asks Mika.

"I'm sorry, she was getting energetic after eating, I left her out of her stroller. I turned away to check my phone and well, she got to you." I explained, giving the woman a small bow, as I picked up Mika. "Mika... let go," I ask my toddler, she did but she did something unexpected, she held her arms out to the woman, whom I now noticed was wearing a mask, covering and nose. "Ah, I guess she really likes you..." I awkwardly say.

"May I hold her?"

"I see no problem, especially when my daughter wants you to," She carefully takes Mika from my arms and Mika instantly makes herself comfortable in her lap, giggling.

"Wow, it's been a while since she's been comfortable with someone she's met for the first time..."
"Really?" She asks, starting to play with Mika.

"Yeah, she-" at that moment, Mika had pulled her mask down and her identity was revealed.

 

My mind was BLOWN

She was the one and only Myoui Mina from Twice!

 

"Oh, my! Please don't tell anyone!" She quickly pulls her mask up again.

"Ah, no problem, I'm a fan..." I was still dazed. "Are... Are you feeling better?" I carefully ask, watching her play with my daughter's hands.

"I'm feeling better, everyone around me has been taking care of me... And your daughter right now is really helping." I could see the smile behind the mask.

"That's good to hear... I'm sure you're making her day as well, we had just come straight from the airport."

"You two should go to where you're staying and get some rest! Being a parent can't be easy!"

"I'm waiting for a friend to meet us here and bring us to the placed I've leased," I explain.

"So, where is her mother?" Mina suddenly asks, catching me off guard, she notices. "I'm sorry..."

"Ah, it's no problem. Her mother is back in our home city of Toronto, in Canada..."

"Canada? Why isn't she here with you two?" Her head tilts.

"Truthfully speaking... We uh... we never planned to have Mika. Thankfully she carried Mika until birth, but she never really loved her, so we agreed that I would take her and well, here we are." I carefully explain as I watch Mika play with Mina's fingers.

 

An uncanny silence took over us briefly.

Both of us idly watching Mika entertain herself in Mina's lap.

 

"How old are you? Must be difficult having a child this early in life..." She breaks the silence.

"I'm... I'm actually the same age as Dahyun..." And awkward smile appeared on me.

"What?! You don't look like you're 21 at all! You look like you are AT LEAST 25!" She leans in to whisper her exclamation, Mika looking up confused at her.

"Ah, I get that a lot. My (short) beard and mustache give me a few visual years, aha." I chuckle, rubbing the hairs on my chin.

"So then, how old is Mika?"

"She's fifteen-months old." I smile.

"Wow... So she was-"

"She was born when I was 20... My parents are still a tiny bit disappointed but they know I've been trying my best as a single, 21-year old dad. Plus my mom ABSOLUTELY adores her!" I cut her off.

"I can see why!" Mina giggles at Mika making her clap her hands together.

 

"There you two are! Oh, Mina-ssi, didn't expect to see you here." I hear and turn to see Trevor standing beside the table.

"You two know each other?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, he works at JYP also." Mina answers.

"What?! You've never told me..." I playfully slap his leg.

"I mean, I told you I worked an office job..." Trevor rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter