Save The Last Dance For Me (Twice Mina)

Cyr's Short Fic Pile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Inspired by 'Save The Last Dance For Me' by Michael Buble)

(Also, I don't use the complete lyrics to the songs, just most so ya get the gist of it)

 

A Grand Masked Gala

 

It was another one of those grandeur parties in some large overly fancy halls that I don't fancy myself honestly. I liked to keep things nice and homey when it came to parties, nothing anywhere close to this.

The chandeliers that held up dozens of those flame-shaped bulbs that gave off enough light to fill the mood, the boorish plain pastel colours that draped the walls throughout.

The many other bodies of party goers with their faces all hidden behind some sort of simple mask... well some not as simple as others, who am I to judge?

 

Taking a glass of red wine from of the passing waitresses, I made my way around the gala, admiring the few pieces of art along the walls and pedestals. Through a few more archways I heard the sounds of a decently sized band playing, the brass, strings and percussions starting to play a familiar melody.

 

You can dance-every dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye, let him hold you tight
You can smile every smile for the man
Who held your hand neath the pale moonlight

 

I was just enjoying my time hovering around the round tables that held little hand foods for us guests to snack on while we were here. Truthfully, most of the food was pretty good, personally speaking, the summer-rolls they had were just the bomb!

I'd made chit-chat with random guests here and there, helping each other pass the time. Good to know that there were others like me that didn't want to be here or didn't really belong in this environment.

Thinking about it, even those this party was huge and all, the clothing everyone, including myself, wasn't very high-end or high-end at all to my knowledge. Nonetheless, we were all dressed quite nicely some dressed more formal but they didn't stand out from the crowd as I scanned the room.

 

But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me

 

My eyes went around the room, glossing over dozens of bodies as their faces were hidden. All just until my eyes found one of the most stunning women there. The white dress she wore was simple yet quite alluring to everyone around her.

Noticing quickly, I saw that another guy had offered his hand out to her for a dance, and she accepts it. Losing interest in watching them head towards the other pairs dancing, I chose to stroll around the building again, possibly finding a quiet place to pass more time at.

 

Oh I know that the music's fine
Like sparklin' wine, go and have your fun
Laugh and sing, but while we're apart
Don't give your heart to anyone

 

Passing through a few open doors and a flight of stairs, I found myself standing out on a large terrace facing the large backyard, surprisingly the music was quite quiet even though I hadn't travelled too far from it. Taking a chair from a nearby table. I set myself so that I could lean against the rails as I sat.

 

About 10 quiet minutes of sitting out in the cool breeze a voice spoke behind me. I didn't turn to see the owner of the female voice, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter