Epilogue 2 - Surprised

I left my heart in Hiroshima

Before Sungmin could started speaking, suddenly Kyuhyun said "Father...??"

Both Sungmin's boss and Kyuhyun were stunned and starring at each other. Sungmin looked from his boss to Kyuhyun.

"Kyu? Is that really you? You came back?" Mr Cho asked with disbelief.

Kyuhyun stepped forward hesitantly and then walked all the way to hug his father. Tearing but smiling, Mr Cho hugged his son and said "I've been waiting for this moment for so long".

"I'm sorry father, I was too stubborn to listen to Changmin to come back and visit you" Kyuhyun said sadly.

"How did you find me? From Changmin?" Mr Cho let go of his son and wiped his tears. 

"No, actually I am here to meet Sungmin. But I did tell Chwang that I plan to look you up too". 

"Oh you know Sungmin?" Mr Cho asked with surprised, and turned at Sungmin, asking happily "How did you know him?". 

Sungmin was still surprised that his boss was Kyuhyun's father all along. He stumbled to speak so Kyuhyun came to his rescue. 

"Actually father, we got to know each other in Hiroshima. It's just happened that we kept bumping into each other, so we became friends and I took leave and brought him around".

"Yes, Mr Cho, Kyuhyun told me a lot about Hiroshima and he was the one who gave me this flask too" Sungmin said, smiling. He was not sure whether to tell Mr Cho more than that, because how could they tell Mr Cho that they actually starting to like each other? Would history repeat itself, that Mr Cho would forbid his son from continuing seeing another man? 

"Ahhh ok, it's a small World, right? Or maybe that was God's way of finding Kyuhyun for me. 

"Yes, maybe. Father, I'm going for lunch with Sungmin, do you want to join us? Or maybe later I go dinner with you?" Kyuhyun told his father.

"Errr yes Mr Cho, do join us for lunch" Sungmin said, though he would prefer to lunch alone with Kyuhyun as he missed him so much, but he couldn't be selfish.

"No, no, Sungmin, it's ok. I have lunch appointment today. You two go ahead, and Sungmin, maybe you want to take the afternoon off to accompany Kyuhyun?" Mr Cho suggested. He suspected something but he just kept it to himself. He turned to Kyuhyun "Son, I see you later for dinner. Can you come over here again later, say, around 6pm?".

"Sure, father, I'll be here" Kyuhyun bowed to his father. 

"Great, you two enjoy your lunch. Sungmin, just inform Hae that you won't be around in the afternoon" Mr Cho smile happily.

"Thx boss. I'll make sure that Kyuhyun come back here later" Sungmin laughed. 

Much later, after they had finished their lunch, Sungmin invited Kyuhyun to go to his apartment for coffee since they were nearby. They were seated on Sungmin's cosy sofa, and Kyuhyun said while looking straight at Sungmin "Min, the reason why I fly here is actually to tell you how I feel. Honestly, I missed you a lot and it's no longer enough to just hear your voice during our phone call or see your image during video call".

Sungmin's heart literally stopped for a while. So, Kyuhyun felt the same way too, that they both have been missing each other badly!! No wonder he initiated the kiss just now in the office. Sungmin did want to kiss him back but Kyuhyun withdrew too fast. 

Smiling shyly, Sungmin said "Kyuhyun, me too, I missed you terribly and I kept wanting to go back to Hiroshima to see you" Sungmin said with a longing look. 

"Really?" Kyuhyun asked with surprised. He thought he was the one missing Sungmin badly. Smiling with hopeful look in his eyes, Kyuhyun said "Be my boyfriend, Sungmin, but I'm so sorry, you have to accommodate to a long distance relationship now, until we decide what we can do for our future" Kyuhyun said, reaching out to hold Sungmin's hand. 

Smiling broadly, Sungmin squeezed Kyuhyun's hand "Yes, I'll be your boyfriend Kyu, and I don't mind the long distance relationship. It makes us appreciate each other more, treasure our moments together and truly missed each other". 

Kyuhyun reached over and hugged Sungmin. 

"And Min, can I tell my father about us?". 

"What? No, not yet. What if he is against it, just like what happened last time?" Sungmin said worriedly, moving out of Kyuhyun's embrace. 

"I think through the years, he should understand me now, and he likes you, so it will be a different situation". 

"I don't know, I'm scared. I do want to get his blessings, but at the same time, if he disapproves, I don't want to lose you" Sungmin said sadly. 

"Don't worry, I won't leave you even if he disapproves. How could I? Not seeing your face for a few months has been a torture to me" Kyuhyun bend over to kiss Sungmin. 

It was sweet and Sungmin responded with all his feelings because he missed Kyuhyun so much! 

They went back to Sungmin's office just before 6pm. Now Sungmin understood why Mr Cho named their magazine as "Memories". It was due to the tragedy that went through their family. And come think of it, there are some similarities of facial features between Mr Cho and Kyuhyun. Why didn't he thought of it?! 

They knocked on Mr Cho's room and then entered. Kyuhyun bowed and said "Father, I'm here". 

"Great! Let's go, both of you" Mr Cho said, logging off his laptop, stood up and ready to take his briefcase. 

"Errrr Mr Cho, you two go ahead, there must be a lot of things you two need to catch up" Sungmin said, smiling at Kyuhyun. 

"No no, you come along, Sungmin. I want to formally welcome you into our family" Mr Cho said. 

Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun were surprised at Mr Cho's words. "Welcome Sungmin into our family? What does he mean?" Kyuhyun gave a confused look. 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and gave him a confused look too. 

"What? Am I wrong? Aren't you two in a relationship?" it was Mr Cho's turn to give a confuse look. 

"You knew???" Sungmin asked, surprised....