Hiroshima Station

I left my heart in Hiroshima

Sungmin alighted from the Sakura Shinkansen at Hiroshima Station, and headed for the exit gantry. He checked the direction to the AirBnB that the host had sent to him. He was supposed to look for Streetcar sign and get on to Streetcar Line 2.

He couldn't believe that he was actually here! Hiroshima. 
A modern city in Japan’s Honshu Island, but was largely destroyed by an atomic bomb during World War II. Today, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park commemorates the 1945 event. In the park are the ruins of Genbaku Dome, which was one of the few buildings that was left standing near ground zero.

And that was where Sungmin was heading. He was asked to shoot photos of the Hiroshima's War Memorial Park for the magazine that he worked for, Memories, but as the magazine was running with a tight budget, he was asked to stay in an AirBnB instead of hotels. 

He was busy checking and looking at his printed paper to check whether he was going in the right direction, when suddenly he bumped into something. Or someone. 

"Gomen nasaii" the tall person bowed and picked up his newspaper which had dropped due to the collision. 

"Sumimasen" Sungmin said almost at the same time. He bowed too. 

The tall guy said "Sore wa okdesu" 
and smile politely and walked off towards a cafe. 

"I think it meant 'it's ok'?" Sungmin told himself. Anyway, that guy was, wow, so handsome and tall!  Gorgeous looking and looked good in his suit. 

"Okay, where was I" Sungmin looked at his paper again and  walked forward following the Street Car sign and spotted the Tram station opposite Hiroshima Station exit. 

Hiroshima main public transportation are the trams, also known as Streetcar, and they are run by Hiroshima Electric Railway Co., Ltd. Hiroshima Dentetsu Kabushiki-gaisha is a Japanese transportation company established on June 18, 1910, that operates streetcars and buses in and around Hiroshima Prefecture. It is known as "Hiroden" for short.

"Hmmm, let's see. I need to take Line 2, and alight at Honkawa Station. Wow, 11 stops. So far. Ookayyy let's go!"  and Sungmin dragged his luggage and adjusted his camera backpack. He took out his SUICA card which his colleague, Donghae, passed to him, and tapped at the card reader when he stepped up to the tram. 

His first time riding a tram! And besides the driver, there was a tram conductor who actually helped the driver a great deal. The tram conductor ensured all commuters tapped their card, ensure they moved to the less crowded area, and help tourist who paid with coins. 

The tram passed by the Hiroshima Memorial Park and according to his paper, his stop should be after this station. After alighting, he crossed the road and found the apartment building, followed the procedure to retrieved the key and went up to the unit. 

"Wow, nice!" Sungmin whistled  after he unlocked the door. He messaged the owner via AirBnB app that he has checked in and then walked around checking the bedroom and bathroom. 

He unpacked and sat to eat his onigiri and message his boss that he would start his photo taking the following morning. He just want to rest tonight. It has been a crazy week and he was rushing to finish his previous assignment so that he could fly to Hiroshima in peace. 

His thoughts went back to the guy that he bumped into. Such a handsome man, and his smile, ohmygod, still implanted in his heart. And he has such a baritone voice. Will he meet him again? 

"So Kyu, want to go back to Seoul with me?" Changmin asked Kyuhyun after their sandwich at Starbucks, at Hiroshima Station. Changmin has texted Kyuhyun to meet him at the cafe at Hiroshima Station before he left to Kobe via Shinkansen later that evening.  "Heyyy, are you listening to me? Your mind seemed to be somewhere else ever since you came just now". 

"Sorry Chwang. I was thinking about something. Yes you were saying?" Kyuhyun asked his friend again because it was true, he wasn't listening. He was still thinking about the guy that he bumped to just now. 

"Do you want to go back to Seoul with me this round or not?" 

"Ohhh, hmmm, i'll think about it and let you know? And how long will you be in Kobe?" 

"It's a 2 days training, tomorrow and Monday, so I'll be back by Tuesday. I'll squeeze the answer from you on Tuesday! Let bygone be bygone, Kyu. Go and see your father. He missed you" 

"It's easier said than done, Chwang. I still couldn't forgive him. Yup, let's meet again when you are back".

Changmin shook his head because his friend was so stubborn. "Ok, I'll text you. Anyway I'm going to Kobe again the following week. Come with me, I bring you to eat Kobe beef again like last time!" 

"Oh yes I love it! Ok I go to Kobe with you next week!" 

Changmin smile happily because he could make Kyuhyun come out from his room on weekends. He would do anything to get his friend to cheer up again, to be his happy self again, to laugh freely and to see his smiling face. 

They parted ways and Kyuhyun took the tram back to his apartment in Hondori. He bought some buns at Family Mart and went up to his apartment. His mind drifted back to the guy that he bumped into. He wasn't sure why he wished that they could talk and introduced themselves.

Sighing, he talked to himself "Why am I thinking about that guy? Surely he's a tourist and I'll never get to see him again" Kyuhyun dismissed the idea and went in to take a shower.