It's a Learning Progress

YoonMin Littlespace

About 30 minutes after Jimin was already missing his daddy like crazy. In his ‘little’ state, 30 minutes felt like 3 hours. He groaned as he watched another slow minute tick by. He was extremely bored. What could Jimin do for three hours? He looked around the room and found the toy car again. He figured that could entertain him for at least a little while. After about and hour, he got tired of the car and realized he was hungry. He was ‘little’ and couldn’t cook by himself when he’s ‘little’. This made Jimin start to panic. What was he to do? Starve for three hours? Maybe Seokjin has some snacks somewhere. He went into the kitchen and looked around the cabinets but found nothing that peaked Jimin’s interest. He sighed audibly. He felt like crying.

In fact, he could feel the tears from the back of his eyeballs and traveling to pool around his eyeline. Before he knew it, he was sobbing loudly. So loudly that he didn't hear the door open and someone walk in. But the sound of fast footsteps on the hardwood floor caused him to stop. Soon, Yoongi’s frame came into view and stopped at the enterence of the kitchen. Worry painted his face when he saw Jimin’s wet cheeks and wide, sad eyes.

“Jiminie, are you okay?” Yoongi’s voice quickly spat out. Seeing Jimin upset broke Yoongi’s heart.

“Daddy!” Jimin whined, running to Yoongi and hugging him tight.

Yoongi’s arms immediately wrapped around Jimin’s body and held him in a bone crushing, but comforting embrace.

“Baby, I came by to check on you and you’re crying. Are you hurt?” Yoongi asked in genuinely concerned voice.

Jimin sniffled a little, “I hungwy and too wittle to cook and Jinnie have no snack.”

Yoongi began to understand. His baby was hungry and couldn’t have anything to eat. Thank goodness he thought to come home to check on him or he’d have starved for two more hours.

“Aw, Jiminie, I’m sorry I didn’t leave you with something to eat or even my number so you could call me if you needed anything,” he apologized. Yoongi still had a lot to learn about being a caregiver. He felt horrible for not thinking of Jimin’s needs. “I’m so sorry Jiminie.”

Jimin lifted his head and looked Yoongi in the eyes, “It’s okay, Daddy.”

“No it’s not okay, Jiminie. You could have starved.”

Yoongi was really beating himself over this.

“I forgive you, Daddy.”

Yoongi thought for a minute. He has only been a caregiver for a span of 20 hours. He isn’t going to know everything all at once. It’s a learning progress. He smiled at the ‘little’ in front of him and squeezed him tight.

“I’m still hungry, Daddy,” he giggled.

“Oh right. What would my Jiminie like to eat?”

“Umm..fruit salad?” He asked, politely.

“As you wish, my boy.”

Yoongi chopped up the fruits and put them in a bowl and set the dish in front of Jimin. Jimin looked up at Yoongi and smiled before turning to the fruit, ready to eat.

“Jiminie,” Yoongi said to get his attention. As soon as Jimin’s head turned to look at Yoongi, he felt a pair of soft, warm lips push themselves onto his. Jimin felt himself slipping out of headspace. When Yoongi pulled away, he looked into Jimin’s eyes, he could tell something was different.

“Hello, Yoongi.”

Yoongi smiled, realizing what had happened.

“Hello, Jimin.”