----《 CHAPTER 2 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun knows he's not a morning person.

 

Even when his alarm went off and So Nyeo Shi Dae's 'I Got A Boy' blared through his phone speakers, he refused to get up.

 

It's winter break. Why would he want to get up at 6.45am when his bed was so invitingly warm? Well, sane people definitely wouldn't, he convinced himself.

 

But a little birdie said that he had training today.

 

Baekhyun jolted up. The memory of why the alarm was set the night before came flooding back while he stumbled out of bed, thick duvet nearly succeeded in tripping him. With his skinny jeans secured around his hip, he stepped out of the toilet five minutes later, scanning through the clothes in his wide closet only to settle on a pink round-collared shirt and a white hoodie.

 

At the sound of the door lock clicking shut, Baekhyun shifted his backpack strap further up his left shoulder, searching his hoodie pocket in succession for his key and room keycard as he made his way towards the field.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Hood on, glasses check.

 

Today was one of those warmer winter days, Baekhyun concluded, ears taking in the sound of fresh snow crunching beneath his pair of white and grey Nike Air Max as several birds chirped from the nearby trees.

 

Winter had always been his favourite season.

 

It reminded him of his parents, and all the happy memories they had— building snow puppies, making snow angels, having snowball fights, riding a sled down the small snow hill that they had built when he was a child.

 

Yet, Winter was also known to be gloomy and depressing.

 

Baekhyun sighed.

 

A hastily scribbled phone number alongside an 'i love you son~ will miss ya!', Baekhyun was only eight, when he found the lilac sticky note beside his warm breakfast one cold winter morning. “Your parents are on a business trip, young master.”, his favourite butler had told him, eyes reflecting what younger Baekhyun had registered as pity. Courage at its most, he dialled the given number a year later, gathering enough information over the phone to come to the conclusion that life in Seoul was too boring for them.

 

He wasn't a good enough reason for them to stay.

 

Hence, they effectively moved to Paris in hope to refine their designing and photographic skills, and to seek romance in his absence.

 

Never good parents to begin with, they were reckless and adventurous, with career as their top priority. It was clear to Baekhyun, he knew he was a mistake. It bothered him from time to time, but that was what drove him on to becoming who he is now, famous in the fashion industry, known by many as the phantom designer— ByeolBit (Starlight).

 

Baekhyun doesn't want fame like how his parents received it, neither does he want to leech off their backs. He does, however, gain his inspiration from one of the college’s american football player.

 

Speaking about the devil, he was walking straight towards him.

 

Brown locks of hair falling gracefully over his lensless glasses, Baekhyun's eyes widen a fraction as realisation struck him when he gained sight of the approaching figure through gaps of his fringe. With his mind entering a state of panic, Baekhyun did the most logical thing and dove for the nearest tree.

 

Did he see me?!

 

Heart pounding hard within his ribcage, Baekhyun popped his head out from behind the sturdy tree trunk, eyes fixated on the rear view of the lone figure walking towards the field.

 

It had been a year and a half, he noted, since he first laid eyes on this stranger. Still mysteriously drawn towards him, it was all peculiar to Baekhyun, how he had developed an inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter