----《 CHAPTER 3 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flopping down onto the cushioned chair, Chanyeol sighed. “Not really baek. Yet another inter-faculty music project due in a month’s time. Aish! The upcoming football rematch against the Legandaries in Spring, a week later isn’t helping either. Kkamjongie didn’t take it well baek.” He added the last part with a hint of mischief.

 

Baekhyun’s ears perked at the mention of him. He remembered that uproar last year, where their football team had lost to the Legendaries by a mere 1 point, 30:31. He was part of the team of official photographers for the match then and he recalled capturing the disappointment and disbelief of the campus through his Nikon lens.

 

Deep down, Baekhyun knew— No one had been more disappointed than their center player, but not a hint of empathise found its way to the poor boy.

 

And it hit him hard.

 

“Yeol! Remember the photography project I brought up during our phone call??”

 

Blinking out of his confusion, the latter nodded once hesitantly, followed by two affirmative ones. “Your CCA’s, was it the one about ‘Affirmation of the Heart’?”

 

“Yeah. I finally know what to do! Yeol, you’re a lifesaver! I owe you one!”

 

Watching Baekhyun fish open his sketchbook and pen the idea furiously, Chanyeol shrugged. This wasn’t an uncommon sight.

 

“Okay baek.” Looking out of the window, he watched as the first few snowflakes drifted their way down.

 

Chanyeol took a sip of his hot americano.

 

Majoring in music was tough, but it beats being the successor of the Park enterprise, he reckoned.

 

“…Yeol? Park yoda?”

 

“Huh?” Chanyeol blinked out of his thoughts.

 

“You spaced out for the past five minutes yeol. Thinking about 9-5 again?” Baekhyun questioned as he quietly slipped his sketchbook back into its compartment in his bag.

 

Chanyeol released a heavy sigh and nodded.

 

«Note: ‘9-5’ was a term for deskbound ‘CEO Park Chanyeol’. Chanbaek had came up with when Chanyeol had found out about his father’s plan for him to take over the company when they were in high school.»

 

“That aside, Mr Jung wants us to compose a bittersweet piece for the inter-faculty project. I was thinking along the lines of a piano piece. Would you be able to overlook this piece?”

 

Baekhyun hummed a positive response and instantly gave his bestfriend a reassuring smile.

 

“You know my reply will always be a yes chanyeollie. I’ll start you off asap and pop by whenever I’m free alright?”

 

Hearing Baekhyun’s reply, Chanyeol gave the latter his signature thousand-watt grin, which was mirrored with an equally bright smile as they continued their conversation which unknowingly, took them past evening and into their dinner time.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Campus bell ringing faintly in the distant, Baekhyun padded across the sprung wooden floor of one of their numerous dance studios.

 

It was sound-proofed. Perfect. Baekhyun thought as students flocked out of the campus, ready to take on their weekend plans.

 

Delicate and slender fingers lightly putting pressure on the cool ivory and black keys, Baekhyun absentmindedly played «My Turn To Cry», a song that he had composed years back, while thinking of his parents.

 

Don’t get him wrong, though they were bad at parenting, they were still his parents.

 

Blinking out of his sad reverie, Baekhyun closed his eyes and sighed. Sad memories helped him to compose sad songs, and that was what he had in mind since Chanyeol updated him on the project.

 

Chanyeol was partnering him, Kai, much to Baekhyun’s dismay. He never knew that football player was a dancer. Chanyeol never told him. That traitor.

 

Quiet room resonating the first note Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter