----《 CHAPTER 9 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin doesn’t know what to do. The match was officially over two days ago  and he can’t find a reason for him and Baekhyun to cross paths again.

 

Will I scare him away if I were to confess now?

 

“Kkamjong.”

 

Love was an emotion he hadn’t had much experience with. Sure, he loved his parents, his sisters and his pups, but this was different… it was a different love.

 

Maybe woo him with flowers, chocolates and love notes?

 

“Kkamjong.”

 

But… I don’t know what he likes and what he doesn’t…

 

“Jongin!”

 

Clicking his tongue, Chanyeol drew Jongin in for a headlock. “You, need to keep your thoughts in your head kkamjong. On a side note, I’m glad you’re head over heels for my best bud~”

 

Broken free from the headlock, Jongin made it a point to ignore Chanyeol’s teasing. “Since you’re his best bud, you would know what he likes and dislikes right?”

 

“Yeah, of course. It’s easy, really. He likes photography, Aurora Borealis, his corgi Mong Ryoung, dislikes cucumbers and sour stuff. Oh, and he really likes you.” Wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at the end, Chanyeol smirked.

 

Jongin resisted the urge to hide his face, though he was positively sure his cheeks were turning a faint red. He wouldn’t let his crush’s best bud any more than he already had. Chanyeol was known to be relentless.

 

Walking in silence, Jongin had slipped into deep thoughts. His brain replayed memories of white oversized team photography shirt, black hair & round classes. Did I really fall for hi—

 

A hard smack landed on his shoulder and Jongin jerked conscious, fully aware of the growing pain. He was just about to reciprocate the smack when Chanyeol dropped the question.

 

“Kkamjong, why were you wearing your helmet the entire time baek was taking our photos?”

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Something’s not righ—

 

Sneezing for the nth time, Baekhyun huffed in annoyance.

 

Maybe it’s time to clean the house.

 

Shaking that awful thought aside, he directed his sporadic attention back to his camera.

 

Wait. What was I thinkin— Oh right. Something’s not right... about these.

 

Flipping through the photographs he had taken on the match day, Baekhyun found it hard to select “the best few” amongst his dozens. The school had reached out to him for Kai’s photographs the day before and had requested permission for several to be featured in the school’s magazine.

 

He was, obviously elated but looking through the photographs now, it had proven to be hard to choose.

 

How am I supposed to pick? Chanyeol has a different expression in every photograph and Kai—

 

Baekhyun frowned, his scrolling coming to a stop.

 

Oh.

 

How was it possible? Baekhyun didn’t know. Letting out a small sigh, he rested his head in the palms of his hands.

 

“I don’t have a single shot of his face…”


 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

“Wait, what? He doesn’t know who you are?!” Chanyeol exclaimed, mouth hanging open from this startling discovery.

 

Rubbing his neck sheepishly, Jongin cleared his throat. It wasn’t that Baekhyun didn’t know who he was, he probably just didn’t know Kai was Jongin and Jongin was Kai.

 

“Yes… and no. He knows I’m Jongin the model and Kai the center player.”

 

“But he doesn’t know you’re both! Wait… you don’t want him to know?” Chanyeol shot him a look of genuine curiosity.

 

Jongin stopped walking and turned to face him.

 

What exactly do I want out of this situation?

 

“No, I do. Please don’t tell him hyung. I just… want to court him first.”

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips, eyes dancing with excitement. “Fine, but I get to share this good news with the rest, they won’t tell. Also, you should consider courting with something heartfelt, he loves meaningful gifts.”

 

Meaningful, heartfelt?

 

It wasn’t the reply Jongin had expected but he was relieved, he wouldn’t have known what to do if the latter had said otherwise. “Thanks hyung! I will!”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter