----《 CHAPTER 10 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“KKAMJONG!!!!” Screaming his nickname from the store front, Chanyeol barged into the photography room, scanning the space until he locked eyes with a wide-eyed Jongin. “TELL ME! WHAT DID YOU WRITE ON THAT NOTE?!”

 

Jongin’s eyes grew a fraction wider. “Hyung! Why would you say that out l— Oh god, you told them all??” He buried his face in his hand and sneaked a peek at Sehun, Yixing and Chen.

 

Didn’t he know? Shrugging, Chanyeol pursed his lips. “Don’t worry kkamjong, Baek’s not so subtle feelings for you are no secret to us.”

 

Yixing sauntered over, placing a newly launched coffee-coloured bomber’s jacket and a few other articles of clothing onto Jongin’s free hand. “Yeah, in fact, I’m pretty sure you’re the only one who didn’t pick up on his feelings. Even Sehun knows about it and he’s always in his own world.”

 

Hearing his name, Sehun turned in their direction and smirked. Jongin sank his face deeper into the palm of his hands. Things were getting out of hand and he had to do something before Baekhyun arrived.

 

“So what was on that note~” Chanyeol’s voice laced with anticipation and in that moment, he reminded Jongin of a golden retriever waiting for treats, hopping about and wagging its tail.

 

Should I tell them? Sooner or later they’ll squeeze it out of me anyway. Better willing than coerced right?

 

Opening his mouth in defeat, before Jongin could recite his (embarrassing) written confession, Baekhyun popped his head into the studio and spoiled the moment.

 

“Did I miss something?”

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Poking his head through the gap in the door, Baekhyun’s mouth moved faster than his thoughts. “Did I miss something?”

 

Four heads turned to look at him walking in while Jongin stared straight ahead, spacing out. He arched his eyebrows in confusion when his bestfriend’s face split into a grin. “So baek you haven’t answered my question, what was on that note~”

 

“Uh…” Turning beet red, he sneaked a peek at Jongin’s face before scowling at Chanyeol. You idiot! Why would you ask that out loud?! Do you expect me to just read the letter out in front of the person I like? “I–I’m not going to read that out! You can read it yourself!” ing the note into Chanyeol’s open hand, Baekhyun brisked pass Jongin, avoiding any eye contact with the latter. From his peripheral view though, he could see that they had swarmed and surrounded Chanyeol, excitement radiating from all of them except Jongin, who had thankfully excused himself to change into his outfit in the changing room.

 

Baekhyun tried to distract himself with the setting up of the camera, backgrounds, anything that might help him take his mind off the thought of Jongin being unaffected or indifferent. Yet somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew it was a futile attempt. All he wanted to do was to run into the room and confess to the model, but he couldn’t bear to know his answer. After all, Jongin had his heart and could do anything he wanted with it.

 

What if he says no and starts avoiding me?

 

Baekhyun shuddered at the thought of a confession gone wrong.

 

No, he really couldn’t confess. It might just break his heart.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Baekhyun wouldn’t look at him. From the moment Chanyeol had asked for the note until he disappeared behind the curtains of the changing r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter