----《 CHAPTER 5 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clothed in his faded denim skinny jeans and black loose tank, Jongin had escaped into the quiet night before the crowd of students in the audience began to make a beeline for the exit. As his apartment building came into sight, the buzz of adrenaline from the performance began to wear off. It was then he felt his phone vibrating from inside his bag. In the midst of fishing it out from the bottom, a notebook fell out and splayed open on the sidewalk.

 

Huh? When did this…

 

Jongin momentarily forgot about his ringing phone.

 

“Hello? Chanyeol hyung? I’m already reaching the dorm.”

 

He wedged the phone between his left ear and shoulder, and proceeded to pick the foreign notebook up.

 

“Sorry I left without informing you, I just wanted to head back before the crowd trampled over me.”

 

Brushing gravel dust off the book cover, Jongin discovered that it was a sketchbook.

 

“No hyung, I’m still here and I heard you the first time. We’ll meet for training tomorrow morning and I won’t be late. I have got to go now hyung, see you tomorrow!”

 

He ended the call and pocketed his phone, turning his full attention to the burgundy coloured sketchbook in his hands as he walked into the building. The covers were not marked with a name and it definitely did not belong to him.

 

Dance majors had no use for sketchbooks.

 

Could it belong to someone in the campus?

 

He weighed his options and debated on respecting others’ privacy. Yet, he would not know whom it belonged to unless he looked through its contents for clues or a name. Conflicted, he impulsively scanned through the pages. He noticed that the front half of the blank pages were littered with pencil marks, sketches of apparels and cursive korean writings.

 

This probably belongs to someone in the designing faculty?

 

Jongin made a wild guess, reaching the last page of the sketchbook just as he stepped into the lift. He discovered a small logo, 《SUoFA》 embossed at the bottom right corner of the hardcover, which confirmed his suspicion. Flipping through the pages slowly to take a closer look, Jongin cocked his head to the side. The designs seemed to tug onto his memory yet he couldn't quite put a finger on where or why. Stifling a yawn, Jongin put the browsing on hold and unlocked his room door. Carelessly tossing his backpack by his bedside, he placed the open sketchbook on his bed and headed for a shower.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Baekhyun was ready to kill someone. Anyone.

 

Where could it have gone?!

 

Frantically, he searched through his brown bag. It was nowhere to be found. A noise similar to that of a dying whale was lodged at the back of his throat.

 

I didn’t leave it at school did I?! Did I drop it in the auditorium? The shop?!

 

Baekhyun froze in fear. It would be devastating if someone had found the sketchbook and managed to piece one-and-one together to unmask him. After all, he did write his name on the book.

 

No, not his pseudonym. His nickname.

 

Baekhyun resisted the urge to scream.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

Fresh out of a warm and much-needed shower, Jongin was all ready to dive under his duvet and get his well-deserved rest, but that was before he caught sight of the sketchbook that was neglected. Studying the designs religiously, his breath hitched. They were familiar not because he had seen them somewhere, but because he had modelled wearing some of those outfits.

 

What…? Was this the act of a ByeolBit’s hardcore fan or… It can’t be?

 

Skipping to the last few drawings in the book, Jongin’s eyes widened with realisation. They were an assortment of jackets, some adorned with patterns and coincidentally, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter