----《 CHAPTER 1 》----

Player #88 // semi-haitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's all your fault."

 

Jongin huffed, hurtling one of their training footballs at Chanyeol, who caught it with a soft "omph". Choosing to remain silent to express his guilt, the quarterback continued receiving the angry balls thrown at him, struggling to keep up with Jongin's pace.

 

"I'm going to be late for my photoshoot."

 

Thigh muscles burning, wrists aching and feet going numb, Jongin sighed in defeat as he endured the stinging sensation in his left eye caused by the entry of yet another bead of perspiration.

 

"3. 2. 1. We're done!" Deep voice resonating throughout the empty field, Chanyeol launched the last ball high up into the air and watched, alongside their coach, as Jongin made a mad dash for the changing room, as if he was charging towards the endline for a final point. With a soft thud, the ball landed and bounced off in awkward angles, just as the centre player disappeared from his line of sight.

 

Chanyeol gasped.

 

"OMG THAT KKAMJONG JUST DITCHED ME! FOR BAEKHYUN!"

 

Removing his helmet and placing it on the grass, he swept several damp locks of raven black hair out of his eyes as he picked up the nearest ball and gave the field a quick scan. Groaning and cursing inwardly, he trudged towards ball number two and wished that the coach hadn’t punish him and (innocent) Jongin, who was his partner on the field.

 

If only he hadn't overslept and arrived late for practice.

 

"Two down—

 


forty-eight more to go."

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

It’s in moments like these that Jongin really thanks his coach for the strenuous trainings they have had. Stamina was one thing, speed was the other. Weaving through the afternoon crowd of Seoul, he ran as if there were defenders hot on his tail. Shop within sight as he made a sharp turn, he took a quick glance at his phone and was instantly struck with a pang of regret.

 

Dammit! It's 11:15 already— ! My phone!

 

Back in the quiet store, humming a random tune that had been stuck in his head for the past hour, Yixing circled the shop once, picking accessories that would fit the newest collection of clothes that Jongin would be wearing for the photoshoot. A quick time check told him that there was still approximately a few minutes before the said boy would arrive, based on Chanyeol’s message. Making his last stop at the counter, he was about to choose a bandana from the glass cabinet when a movement outside the shop caught his eye.

 

"OH MY GOD." Eyes widening in realisation, Yixing prayed that the automatic door sensor caught onto his movements as he cleared the entrance for Jongin. Seconds later, the said boy came in airborne, cushioning the impact with a shoulder roll and coming to a perfect halt in a one-knee kneeling position.

 

Perfect touchdown. Yixing smiled bitterly as the thought crossed his mind. "That… Was quite an entrance Jongin~" He offered a hand to the younger, who accepted it with a sheepish smile which was used to mask the grimace caused by the sore shoulder. "Thanks. I was just trying to save my phone though. It flew out of my hands while I was running here." Phone examined and deemed safe from any damage, Yixing tossed the latter a damp towel and dragged him by his arm, entering the room beside the cashier and into the photoshoot area.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

"Did you choose this hyung?" Amidst the ruffling of the clothes, Yixing heard the question coming from behind the velvet changing curtains.

 

"You mean the outfit? Nope. I'm just the designer's assistant."

 

Knowing that that's the best answer he would get from Yixing regarding his question, Jongin had learnt to read between the lines from past experiences. Besides, there weren't that many options to begin with anyway.

 

So it's the designer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter