+ a gift +

Ever Since You Came

 

 

Jongin had been pacing around his hotel room. He didn't know what had gotten into him that he reacted that way earlier. Why did he hung up on Kyungsoo upon hearing another person's voice? What would Kyungsoo think about the way Jongin had behaved? How could he be so careless? But what exactly did Jongin feel knowing that Kyungsoo was together with another person, another man? It's not like he had any right to feel jealous about it.

 

Oh...jealousy.

 

So that's what it is. He was jealous. No matter how hard Jongin tried to deny it, the truth would always come out from deep within his heart. Jongin liked Kyungsoo as a person, that couldn't be denied. But the extent of that like had now surpassed the boundary of just being friends. Jongin was in like with Kyungsoo. So, what will you do about it, Kim Jongin? he thought. He stopped pacing around and plopped down on the bed. Jongin covered his face with a pillow and groaned in frustration. This was the first time that he had ever felt this way. And he didn't know what to do about it. This was way harder than all those business deals he had ever accomplished in his life. How would he face Kyungsoo now? And if Kyungsoo was already in a relationship with someone else, what would he even do?

 


+

 


"So, Jongin's finally coming back this week, huh?" Baekhyun asked. He and Kyungsoo were at the cafeteria eating lunch. Kyungsoo was just staring at his plate, stabbing a piece of meat repeatedly with his chopsticks. "Helloooo...earth to Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun waved a hand in front of Kyungsoo's face to get his attention.

 

"Huh?" Kyungsoo looked up dumbly.

 

Baekhyun shook his head. "Would you please stop murdering that poor piece of meat?"

 

Kyungsoo glanced at the food on his plate. He didn't realize what he had been doing. "Sorry." He grabbed the meat with his chopsticks and put it in his mouth.

 

"You food killer." Baekhyun said, looking pointedly at Kyungsoo. His expression softened. "You're spacing out again. Are you that nervous about Jongin's arrival?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed. "I don't know. I haven't really talked to him properly." Ever since the day that Jongin had hung up in the middle of a phone call, Kyungsoo still haven't gotten a chance to explain himself. Not that he needed to do so, he just wanted Jongin to know that there's nothing going on between him and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo needed to make things clear, so his mind, and heart, could finally be at peace.

 

Jongin had called Kyungsoo a couple of times after that, but their conversations would always be short and casual. There was no chance for Kyungsoo to open up the topic about the real deal with Baekhyun. And now the day for Jongin to come back to Korea was approaching. Kyungsoo would be left with no choice but to talk to Jongin in person.

 

 

 

 


Kyungsoo was checking some documents on the computer when Chanyeol suddenly approached his desk. "Hey, Soo. How are you this morning?" Chanyeol asked, grinning. He had just come back from a business meeting outside the company.

 

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo answered simply with a small smile. "How about you? Do you need anything?"

 

Chanyeol shook his head. "Nah. I'm just a messenger for today. Jongin wanted you to know that he'll be extending his trip, and there's no exact date of when he will be back."

 

Kyungsoo frowned. Why did Jongin even bother to ask Chanyeol to tell him that message when Jongin could have just done it himself? Was it that hard to do or was he avoiding Kyungsoo? "Is that so," was all Kyungsoo could reply. Chanyeol wouldn't know the reason why Jongin had done this, so there was no point in asking. "Is that all?" Kyungsoo asked, ignoring the disappointment he was feeling.

 

Chanyeol fumbled for something on the inside of his coat's pocket. It was an envelope. He suddenly handed it to Kyungsoo. "Here. This is for you."

 

Kyungsoo stared blankly at the envelope. What could it be? It couldn't possibly be a letter from Jongin asking for his resignation. Right? He had been doing his job as best as he could. There was no way for that to happen. Stop getting way over your head, he scolded himself. He took the envelope from Chanyeol and continued to just stare at it. Kyungsoo was kind of afraid to know what was inside.

 

"Come on, open it. It's a gift." Chanyeol urged. "A gift from Jongin." He winked. Without saying anything else, Chanyeol walked away, humming a tune to himself.

 

A gift from Jongin? It wasn't Christmas or even Kyungsoo's birthday. He quickly opened the envelope to see what was inside. Kyungsoo gasped in surprise when he saw that it wasn't a letter asking for his resignation. It was a plane ticket.

 

Jongin wanted Kyungsoo to follow him to Japan.

 


+

 

Should Jongin feel guilty about what he had done? Instead of going back home, he had extended his stay in Japan even though his business deals were all done. And on top of that, he had asked Chanyeol to do an errand for him. A personal matter that only the two of them knows. Jongin would be having an indefinite vacation, on a whim, and on top of that, he wanted Kyungsoo to join him. Without telling Kyungsoo the real purpose of it all. He had never used his power or his money to this extent before. But Jongin didn't even feel guilty at all.

 

Jongin just wanted to spend time with Kyungsoo, just the two of them. Away from the company and everyone they know. If this was the only way, and his last chance to be alone with Kyungsoo (if he really was in a relationship with someone else), then Jongin would just have to think about the consequences later. For now, he couldn't wait for Kyungsoo to arrive. This was the first time that Jongin had liked someone this way. And he didn't mind if his feelings were going to be reciprocated or not. But right now, Jongin just wanted Kyungsoo all to himself, even for a short while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+

 

 

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE SUUUUUPER LATE UPDATE.

LIFE JUST HAPPENED. -_-

AND NOW WE KNOW THAT JONGIN LIKES KYUNGSOO TOO. JUST CONFESS ALREADY. LOOOL

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUPPORT THIS STORY TIL NOW!!! ILY GUYSSSS