+ ever since you came +

Ever Since You Came

"Is there a hidden camera in here or something?" Kyungsoo asked, confusion written all over his face. He didn't hear it wrong, right? Jongin just confessed to him, right? This was reality, wasn't it?


They were now seated on a bench near the park's exit. The spot they were in wasn't swarming with park visitors. People were dwindling down as the night got deeper. When they got off the boat earlier Kyungsoo's legs almost gave out from the shock. Jongin was quick to catch him protectively, then he led Kyungsoo to take a seat. Was it too soon for Jongin to confess? Even so, what's done is done. It was now or never. Strike while the iron is hot. And all the other quotes about doing something life changing. 


"I'm serious, Kyungsoo. I really like you." Jongin repeated the words that he had been anticipating to say for so long. There was excitement, but he was feeling a whole lot more nervous. What if Kyungsoo didn't even like him back? This would be all for nothing. But then again, Jongin wasn't hoping for a good outcome in the first place. It was better not to expect anything. Confessing his feelings to Kyungsoo was enough for him. Whether reciprocated or not.


Kyungsoo still couldn't fully grasp what was happening. Jongin liking him this way felt like a miracle. It was too good to be true; like a dream that he wouldn't want to wake up from. Kyungsoo stared at the ground and pondered. Why would the almighty Kim Jongin like someone as plain as him? He just couldn't understand. 


"But why? Why me?" Kyungsoo managed to ask. "I'm...I'm a nobody." His hands were tightened into fists on top of his lap. He was trying hard to calm his nerves. He didn't want to break down in front of Jongin. 


Jongin frowned from what he heard. He faced Kyungsoo, then he reached for the other's hands and gently held them. Kyungsoo stiffened from the touch, but he gradually relaxed. He hesitantly glanced at Jongin. "Please don't say that. You're not a nobody. To me, you are very special. Ever since you came into my life I look forward to every day. Being with you and talking to you made me happy. You make me happy, Kyungsoo."


Kyungsoo's breath hitched. Jongin's voice was so gentle it felt like he was being tickled with every word. And the look on Jongin's eyes was proof enough that he was telling the truth. He was smiling so fondly at Kyungsoo. A look that Kyungsoo had never seen until now. Before Kyungsoo could stop himself, tears started to well up on his eyes. He felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. The happiness building up inside him was overwhelming.


Jongin's eyes widened. "Oh no. No no... Please don't cry." He started panicking. This was not his intention at all. He hated seeing Kyungsoo cry. "Please don't cry, Kyungsoo. I'm sorry. I'm dumb and I can't stop myself. I should just disappear from your sight." He hung his head low in defeat.


Kyungsoo sniffled. He was the dumb one for crying so easily. "Jongin, I---"

 

"I don't deserve you." Jongin cut off Kyungsoo's words. "I made you come here and wasted your time for my own selfish reason. I even got jealous of your friend and thought you guys were a couple. I'm the worst. I couldn't sleep last night because I didn't know how to face you. I'm stupid. I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. We should just---"


All of a sudden, Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin's face with both hands and squeezed his cheeks. Jongin's lips puckered. He just blinked dumbly at Kyungsoo, not knowing what to do.
"I like you too, you dummy. I'm crying because I'm so happy. I never thought this day would happen." Kyungsoo smiled tenderly at Jongin. 


"W-weally?" Jongin mumbled, his face still in Kyungsoo's hold. "You wike me chu?" 


Kyungsoo chuckled. How could Jongin be so cute? Without letting go of the other's face, he said, "Yes, really. I like you so much, Jongin. You make me happy too."


The joyous look on Kyungsoo's face right now was the one in Jongin's imagination everytime he would think about confessing. This was all he wanted. Without a second thought, Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's hands and pulled him close. He kissed Kyungsoo deeply on the lips. Kyungsoo's body stiffened. His eyes widened even more. To think that this day would come! He would jump with delight if Jongin wasn't kissing him. Heh, kissing. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and gave in to the kiss. He felt Jongin smile. This day would be added to the best days of Kyungsoo's mundane life. And from now on, that list would be full of Jongin's name. 

 

 

 

 

 

###

 

 

 

"Wow! This is awesome, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun exclaimed as he entered.


"I know." Kyungsoo chuckled. He started guiding his best friend to an empty seat. The restaurant was getting packed with diners since it was close to dinner time. Kyungsoo, with Baekhyun's helping hand, made sure the advertisements of the place were posted in different social media sites. 


This restaurant was the product of Mrs. Doh's hard work. Kyungsoo's mother had finally opened up a business. Since she loved cooking so much, it had been her long time dream to have her own restaurant. From years of saving, and with Kyungsoo's help, that dream finally came true. Jongin even chipped in and he owned one-third of the business. But he refused to accept any profit. In his opinion, the amount he gave wasn't enough to compensate for all the years Mrs. Doh had taken care of him. Jongin would help in any way he could.


After two years of working as Jongin's personal assistant, Kyungsoo decided to finally resign. His mother had asked him to help manage the restaurant. He was more than willing to do it. And the fact that the office wasn't safe anymore was partly the reason. The amount of times Chanyeol almost caught Kyungsoo and Jongin doing something not safe for work was getting out of hand. But Kyungsoo would never tell anyone about that.


"Hey, beautiful. Is there a seat still available?"


Kyungsoo was in the middle of handing the menu to Baekhyun when someone talked from behind him. He automatically smiled just from hearing that voice. He turned and the person who had spoken also had an equally wide smile on his face. Jongin was clad in his expensive navy blue three piece suit. His black polished shoes were brighter than the floor. He looked totally out of place in this humble restaurant. 


"You're here." Kyungsoo stepped closer to Jongin. When Jongin told him that he would be busy today and couldn't make it, Kyungsoo was quite disappointed. It was the opening day of the restaurant after all. But he couldn't really blame Jongin. The CEO had more important matters to attend to. "I thought you were busy."


Jongin softly kissed Kyungsoo's cheeks. "I wouldn't miss it for the world babe."


Kyungsoo's face flushed a deep red. Jongin really had no problem with displaying his affection for Kyungsoo. They had been dating for over a year now and Kyungsoo still wasn't used to it. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at the couple. Kyungsoo cleared his throat (to recover), then he instructed Jongin to sit across from Baekhyun. Jongin sheepishly greeted Kyungsoo's best friend, yet Baekhyun stood up and gave him a big hug. The flustered look on Jongin's face was too much for Kyungsoo. He could only shake his head in amusement.


The day went by so fast. Kyungsoo was busy handling customer concerns left and right he didn't have time to entertain his own guests. Jongin, Baekhyun, and now even Chanyeol, were seated together. They had finished eating and had just started with their drinking session. Chanyeol was talking comically, with Baekhyun laughing heartily to whatever the giant was saying. Jongin on the other hand had his chin propped on his palm. Even though he had a smile on his face, Kyungsoo could tell his boyfriend needed to be rescued. 

 

 

+