+ you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet +

Ever Since You Came

 

 

"So, you think Jongin is in a relationship with this Yoona girl, based on an article you saw online?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo quietly nodded beside him. From the cafeteria, they had moved to a park that was near the company. They sat at a bench, hidden under a tree. Baekhyun shook his head. "Has anyone ever told you that you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet, Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh. "Yes. I know that. It's just that...the clues all point to Jongin. How can I be not suspicious?"

 

"You know that there's only one solution to your problem, right?" Baekhyun said.

 

Kyungsoo turned to his friend. "What?"

 

"Ask the people involved, of course. And since you can't possibly ask the girl. Then there's only one other option. Jongin."

 

"I can't do that!" Kyungsoo answered, his voice rising an octave.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "I'm just saying, if you really want to know the truth, then all you have to do is ask."

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No. It's not that easy. I can't stick my nose to Jongin's personal business."

 

"Then why are you so bothered about it?" Baekhyun asked, one brow lifting a fraction. But before Kyungsoo could answer Baekhyun added, "No, you don't need to answer that. It's already obvious that you like Jongin."

 

"Of course, I like him. He's my boss. I'm supposed to like him," Kyungsoo defended quickly. Although he clearly knew Baekhyun meant something else.

 

Baekhyun snorted, as if he had heard something so silly. "That is the lamest excuse ever. There's no point in denying it to me, Kyungsoo. We both know the truth."

 

Kyungsoo didn't answer and stared at the ground. Was he that obvious? He wasn't even sure himself if he really did like Jongin. Or it just bothered him that Jongin was keeping secrets that's why he was feeling this way. But the voice inside Kyungsoo's head was screaming that Baekhyun had hit the nail right on target. "Fine," he said after a while. "I do like him...but just a little."

 

Baekhyun cackled at that. "Just a little, my cute . You like Jongin a looot," he drawled, gently nudging Kyungsoo with his arm.

 

Out of frustration, Kyungsoo stomped his feet on the ground, placing his hands on his lap with a thud. "Ah, whatever! I don't want to think about it anymore. My brain hurts."

 

Baekhyun draped an arm around Kyungsoo. "Like I said, there's only one solution to your problem, my friend. And it's just up to you if you're willing to do it or not."

 

Was Kyungsoo even willing to do it? He had no freaking idea.

 

 

+

 

 

Jongin was already at the office again when Kyungsoo came back from his break. His swivel chair was facing the floor-to-ceiling glass window and only the top of his head could be seen, if you're looking at it from the door. Jongin didn't even move when Kyungsoo entered. He seemed to be deep in thought.

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat, to announce his presence. But Jongin was like a statue. What could he possibly be thinking so hard? Kyungsoo decided to walk over Jongin's desk and check if he was alright, or if he was even alive.

 

"Jongin? Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked softly, stopping next to Jongin's chair.

 

Jongin, who was staring off into a distance, suddenly blinked, then he turned to Kyungsoo. "Oh, you're back."

 

I've been here minutes ago, Kyungsoo thought. "Are you okay?" He repeated.

 

What Jongin said next caught Kyungsoo off guard. 

Way off guard.

 

"What's your opinion about divorce?" Jongin asked, without warning.

 

Kyungsoo froze on his spot. This was it. The moment of truth. He was dreading earlier about what to do about the situation but now Jongin was the one who had opened up the topic. "Why do you ask?" he said, already feeling anxious about what would Jongin reply.

 

"I just want to know," said Jongin.

 

"Is this about Im Yoona?" Kyungsoo blurted out before he could even stop himself. It wasn't his intention to meddle with Jongin's private life. But to heck with it. Kyungsoo needed to know the truth. And like what Baekhyun said, he wouldn't know the answer if he didn't ask.

 

Kyungsoo's chest tightened even more when Jongin replied, "Oh, you know already." Jongin leaned back on his chair and stared out the window again; an unreadable expression on his face.

 

At that moment, Kyungsoo wanted to dash out of the room and hide. All his suspicions were true. Jongin was indeed in a relationship with that woman. He was the reason for the divorce. He was her lover. They were having an affair. Jongin was---

 

"Well, you see. Yoona really wants to go ahead with the divorce no matter how many times I talk her out of it. I'm just concerned about her. We're family, after all..." Jongin was explaining. Kyungsoo furrowed his brows. Did he hear it right? Did Jongin just say that they were a family

 

"Wait. You're family?" Kyungsoo asked, dumbfounded.

 

Jongin made a face. "Yes. That's what I said. Are you not listening? Yoona's my cousin. Didn't I tell you that already?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. Jongin had failed to share that important information. If he did, then Kyungsoo wouldn't be in such a mess. "Then that means she's not...your girlfriend..." he stammered.

 

"What? My girlfriend? Heck no! That's literally , you know. And I'll never commit that kind of sin." Jongin said, shaking his head profusely.

 

"But...but the articles. And the...the blind item...Divorce..." Kyungsoo babbled. His mind was going around in circles he couldn't coherent words.

 

Jongin clucked his tongue. "Those damn articles. I was about to sue the people behind those garbage, but Yoona told me to just let it go. She said it was 'entertaining'," he said, forming air quotes with his fingers. 

 

Kyungsoo had no idea that Jongin had other relatives. Jongin had never talked about them. He had never talked about his family; whether those who passed or those still alive. And Kyungsoo respected Jongin's privacy. Not once did Kyungsoo ask questions about Jongin's family.

 

Jongin sighed deeply. "I just want Yoona to think about things carefully and not rush her decisions. But it seems she's set on the divorce. In fact, she's already planning what she'll do when she gets the alimony. I guess, not everything could be fixed." There was sadness in Jongin's eyes as he was talking. "I've been distant with my relatives for a long time, and now I just want to help them in any way I can."

 

And just like that, Kyungsoo had now been enlightened about Jongin's situation. He and Jongin were the same in a sense. Kyungsoo would also help the people he cared for in any way he can.

 

That was why Kyungsoo would help Jongin in any way he can.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out. But I'm sure whatever decision your cousin makes, the most important thing is that she's happy," Kyungsoo said.

 

"Yeah. You're right. As long as she's happy then she can do what she wants." Jongin said with a resigned sigh. Then he suddenly shot a pointed look at Kyungsoo. "But I can't believe you thought she's my girlfriend. You should never trust everything you see on the internet, you know. I'm not even interested in girls---" Jongin halted when he realized what he had just blurted out. He nibbled his lower lip - a habit he does whenever he's nervous.

 

Kyungsoo blinked. "What? What did you say?" he asked, though he clearly heard what Jongin had said. He just wanted to hear it again.

 

Jongin rose from his chair all of a sudden. "Forget what I said." He quickly glanced at his wristwatch. "We have a meeting to attend. Let's go." Before Kyungsoo could open his mouth to reply, Jongin was already walking out the door.

 

And as Kyungsoo stared at Jongin's retreating back, all he could think about were the words, He's not interested in girls! He's not interested in girls! Jongin's not interested in girls!

 

 

 

 

 

+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

 

 

THIS WAS A FUN CHAPTER TO WRITE. HAHA.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUBSCRIBED! ❤