+ love virus +

Ever Since You Came

 

 

Kyungsoo was smiling so wide his cheeks were starting to hurt. With his phone in hand, he was taking pictures of Jongin, one after another. The two of them were in the kitchen. And as impossible as it may sound, Jongin was washing the dishes. It was a sight to behold. The restaurant was already closed. Kyungsoo's mom was still in the dining area, chatting with an old friend.

 

 

Jongin had removed his suit jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt. He was now wearing a red apron and pink rubber gloves. The attire didn't match his godly looks, but he looked handsome nonetheless. Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh when he first saw it. He had never seen Jongin like this before.

 

 

"Are you just going to stand there and admire me all day? I should charge you from every picture you take of me. You're not even helping." Jongin whined. But then he smiled and lifted a newly washed plate near his face and posed for Kyungsoo, with his other hand forming a peace sign.

 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "You volunteered to help, and now you're complaining?" he answered, not even stopping from taking pictures. His gallery would be full at this point.

 

 

"Because you said you were going to do this all by yourself, I just wanted to help. Is that so wrong of me?" Jongin pouted. A lethal weapon in Kyungsoo's opinion.

 

 

"Alright, alright. You whiny baby." Kyungsoo quipped. He finally halted from taking pictures and placed his phone on the kitchen counter. He then grabbed another pair of gloves and stepped beside Jongin. Kyungsoo did plan to do the dishes by himself, so he was quite surprised when Jongin offered to help. They had already hired two part-time workers but they would be starting work tomorrow. 

 

 

The couple worked in harmony. Jongin slathered the dishwashing soap while Kyungsoo washed it off with water. It was a normal scenario, except for the fact that they were standing too close to each other. They were silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Kyungsoo kept on stealing glances at Jongin. When he got caught by his boyfriend, Jongin smeared a bit of soap suds on Kyungsoo's nose.

 

 

"Hey, stop it!" Kyungsoo grumbled. He quickly wiped off the soap suds on his nose with the back of his hand. Then he did the same to Jongin as revenge.

 

 

Jongin gaped at Kyungsoo. The latter just stuck his tongue out. But Jongin didn't remove the suds on his nose, instead he washed off the soap on his hands, then quickly wiped them dry with the towel that was hanging from the pocket of his apron. Jongin smiled mischievously. He then grabbed Kyungsoo's face with both hands and rubbed his soapy nose on Kyungsoo's own. Kyungsoo groaned while he tried to push off Jongin. But he didn't budge.

 

 

Someone loudly cleared their throat behind them. Kyungsoo and Jongin quickly turned their heads at the same time. Baekhyun was standing by the kitchen entrance with his arms crossed. Jongin was quick to let go of Kyungsoo's face.

 

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Chanyeol and I are going for a second round of drinks. If you're done contaminating this place with your love virus you can go there and meet us. I'll text you the address." Baekhyun stated to the two who had gone silent. He uncrossed his arms and raised a hand with his palm upwards. He smirked. "Continue with what you were doing. Bye, then."

 

 

And just like that Baekhyun left. Kyungsoo and Jongin just stared at each other, then they laughed out loud. Love virus, seriously?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo had just finished locking the cash register when he felt arms wrapped around his waist. Jongin was hugging him from the back. Kyungsoo leaned in to the embrace. Thankfully, they were now alone. Kyungsoo told his mom to go home first and rest. She had a long and tiring day. He would finish the cleaning, with Jongin's help, and lock up the restaurant.

 

 

"You're so warmmm..." Jongin cooed. He wrapped his arms more tightly around Kyungsoo.

 

 

"And you're squishing me." Kyungsoo complained, but he didn't really mind. He cherished this moment. He had been so busy with preparations for the restaurant opening that he and Jongin had not spent some quality time lately. "Are you sure you don't have to go home early today?"

 

 

"I'm sure." Jongin inhaled Kyungsoo's scent. He buried his nose on Kyungsoo's neck. He would never get tired of his boyfriend's sweet smell.

 

 

The gesture tickled Kyungsoo's insides he shivered a little. "What are we doing?" he asked. If someone saw them in here right now, it would surely be embarrassing. Kyungsoo preferred privacy. He wasn't the type of person who was open to PDA. He would only let Jongin do something like this whenever they were alone together.

 

 

"We're spreading our love virus," Jongin replied, a smile grazing his face. As he continued on taking in Kyungsoo's scent, Jongin remembered that he had something important to do. He let go of Kyungsoo in an instant.

 

 

Kyungsoo frowned from the sudden action. He already missed Jongin's warmth. He glanced beside him and saw Jongin fumbling for something inside the pockets of his suit jacket that was on top of the counter. "What are you looking for?"

 

 

When Jongin found what he was looking for, he lifted it in front of Kyungsoo. The smaller male just stared at the thing. It was a small paper, folded in the middle. 

 

 

"What is that?" Kyungsoo asked, confused.

 

 

Jongin grinned. His eyes twinkling with excitement. "Open it." 

 

 

Kyungsoo took the paper and did what he was told. There was something written on it. A combination of numbers. Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin, more confused than ever. "What are these? Lottery numbers?"

 

 

Jongin shook his head. "No. That's the passcode to my new apartment." He announced delightedly.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed. "What apartment?" He was baffled. This was the first time he had heard of it. 

 

 

"I finally sold the house and bought a new apartment. I wanted to surprise you." Jongin explained, beaming. But then his face turned glum when he saw the expression on Kyungsoo's face. "Are you mad?" 

 

 

"You sold the house?!" Kyungsoo blurted out. "But why? You have lived there all your life, Jongin. That house is special. You have so many beautiful memories there. Your parents memories----"

 

 

"Will always be in my heart and I'll treasure them for life," Jongin interrupted. "I don't plan on living there forever, Soo. And besides, that house is too big for me anyway."

 

 

"But----"

 

 

Jongin suddenly planted a deep kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. "No buts." Kyungsoo was about to open his mouth to retort but Jongin kissed him again. "I can do this all day, you know."

 

 

Kyungsoo quickly covered his mouth with both hands. Without moving them, he said, "I can't believe you didn't even tell me!"

 

 

"Well, I'm telling you now. And it wouldn't be a surprise if I tell you beforehand, right?"

 

 

Kyungsoo pondered that for a moment. Jongin did have a point. "Yeah, that's right. But----"

 

 

Jongin gripped Kyungsoo's arms while he was distracted and lowered them. He kissed his boyfriend on the lips again. "I told you, no buts."

 

 

Kyungsoo ultimately sighed in defeat. He could never win when Jongin sets his mind into doing something. He would surely miss the old house. The both of them had many wonderful memories there, too. But as long as Jongin was happy, Kyungsoo couldn't really oppose his decision. Kyungsoo stared at the note that was still on his grasp once more. And that was when he realized that the numbers were a combination of his and Jongin's birthday. It made him smile fondly and fall in love with Jongin all over again.