A Small Request

Daydream [Oneshot Dump]

Based on this incorrect quote

 


 

It was supposed to be an evening of the two best friends hanging out and catching up after both having been busy with life, yet Sungyeol noticed how his best friend was completely distracted as soon as he stepped into the apartment.

And, having been friends since they were ten years old, Sungyeol recognised it when Myungsoo was troubled.

“What's wrong?” Sungyeol said when Myungsoo had drifted off again, his eyes distant as he sipped from the beer can.

A startled and sheepish look appeared on the man's face and he looked down, his free hand fiddling with the arm of the couch. “I-“ He looked up, eyes suddenly determined. “Sungyeol, can you ask if Sungjong likes me?”

This was just like when they were eighteen years old, when Myungsoo had requested the same thing. That was seven years ago.

Oh god. “He's your boyfriend.” Of seven years; which was pretty much thanks to Sungyeol.

Myungsoo's eyes grew bigger, desperate. “Listen, just, can you? It's really important-“

With a huge sigh Sungyeol raised his palm, shutting up his stupid best friend. With his other hand he fished out his phone from his pocket and found his cousin's number.

Three rings. “What's up, Sungyeol?”

“Your boyfriend is here.”

“And?” Sungjong sounded confused.

“And he is being an insecure idiot again.”

“Hey-“

Sungyeol ignored the protest. “He wants to know if you like him.”

A long silence followed, then a sigh. “I've been busy with work lately, it's my fault. Give him the phone.”

Sungyeol handed the phone to Myungsoo and watched as his best friend lit up at whatever Sungjong was saying, and his cheeks flushing happily before he gave the phone back to Sungyeol.

“He wants to talk to you.”

Sungyeol nodded and pressed the phone to his hear. “Yeah?”

“Thanks for calling me and not dismissing his request, even if he is being an idiot.”

Sungyeol had to hold back a laugh. “He's my best friend, of course I wouldn't dismiss it.”

“Still... thanks.” Sungjong's voice was a little lower, almost sweet sounding. It was rare for his cousin to talk this sweetly to him. It made Sungyeol smile. “Have a nice evening, and don't drink too much.” His voice had returned to normal, sounding a little strict.

“No promises, cuz’.” With a small laugh he hung up the phone and grabbed his beer. “Time to get wasted?”

Myungsoo's eyes twinkled and he raised his can. “Hell yeah.”

Their cans clinked.