MOVING ON AND MOVING IN!

From Love, To Love

A warm ray of sunlight blew past the french door in the balcony, it sneaked through the curtain and fell on  her. Sohyun felt the light even with her eyes closed. She knew it woke her, but what are the blankets for? She turned while pulling up the blanket over her head. “Sohyun-ah!!!! Wake up…”, Jiwoo sang. Sohyun heard the door opening. She thought it would be Jiwoo and held on to the blanket which will soon be pulled by Jiwoo. She heard the switched being toggled. Now, the lights are on. The sound of curtain rings being moved against the curtain rod told Sohyun that it’s time for the blanket, so, she gripped her hold on the it. Jiwoo pulled the blanket but Sohyun’s hold was strong. Jiwoo noticed that Sohyun was awake, “Since you are already wake, my job is done. If you are late to hospital don’t blame me!”.  Sohyun immediately took off the blanket from her face and turned her head to look at the table clock. Instantly, she sat up straight. She ran to the bathroom; came out dressed; took her bag and ran down the stairs. She saw Mr and Mrs. Shin, Jaeha and Jiwoo sitting on the couch in the living room. Half way down the stairs her pace slowed down when she saw Jiwoo and Jaeha in their casuals. She checked the time and it was 8:30, but still they were leisurely enjoying the tea.

Mrs. Kim asked, “Internship even in the weekend?”. Her mom’s words enlightened Sohyun. She stared at Jiwoo who was now smiling cheekily at her. She placed her bag on the dining table with a thud and took the water bottle on it and opened. Jiwoo stoop up from the couch and hid behind Mrs. Kim as Sohyun approached her. “Don’t involve me in your battle!”, Mrs. Kim said and walked away from them. Jiwoo stood disarmed. Sohyun smiled slyly while taking ninja steps towards Jiwoo, “I would’ve left it behind me if you had just woken me up but, I can’t forgive the words, ‘If you’re late, don’t blame me’”! Jiwoo ran around the living room but she got no place to go with Sohyun blocking the couch on the one side and the wall on the other side. Sohyun took the chance and took the stance to pour the water on her. While she was swinging her hand to pour it, Jaeha caught her hand from the behind. While Sohyun tried to break away from his hold, she gripped on to the water bottle. Her grip on the opened bottle made the water to pump up and hit his face.

Sohyun’s eyes widened in shock while others laughed out loud. “Sorry”, she pleaded as he helped himself wiping the water from his face. Jiwoo responded, “It’s alright Sohyun-ah”. “Really?!”, Sohyun’s voice beamed turning towards her. Jiwoo placed her hand over Sohyun’s shoulder and walked away stealthily climbing up the stairs to her room. Soon, they fled the scene. With them escaping from the mess they’ve created, Jaeha stood agape. Mr. Kim laughed said, “Don't involve in their battle!”, arousing more laughter. Mrs. Shin who had been observing everything with a smile whispered something into Mr. Shin’s ears, which made him say, “What about dinner at our place?”

Meanwhile Seungho who was staying at Mr. Kang’s residence, went to his office early to work on a report that is due in the evening.

Kim’s family arrived at Jaeha’s house early in the evening. Their house was two, nope three times bigger than Kim’s. Except for Jiwoo and Sohyun, everyone including Jaeha dressed formally like they are in an official party. Sohyun didn’t have a good vibe about it. On seeing them, Mrs. Shin rushed to her room and brought a shopping bag. She took a dress from it and handed it over to Jiwoo, “For you. And for Sohyunnie, I bought this”, she said giving her one. She suggested them to change into it and showed them the guest room to change. 

When Jiwoo and Sohyun came out dressed, everyone clapped praising the beautiful duo. Jaeha looked at Sohyun and arched his brows at her. She looked stunning beyond his expectation. Even while, they were having the dinner, Mrs. Shin couldn’t stop praising Sohyun. Her every praise ended with ‘isn’t it?’ and a nod from Jaeha. Sohyun gave an awkward smile to her praise in the beginning but soon it turned into a nervous smile and ultimately to a sad one as the flatters went on. She knew where Mrs. Shin is getting to, but she didn’t want it to get her unless she pronounces it. When Mrs. Shin started talking about Jaeha, Sohyun felt like she was walking on needles because one wrong step will make Mrs. Shin misconceive it as her interest in him. So, she went silent, without showing any reaction.

After the dinner, Mrs. Shin said, “We are very grateful to have in-laws like you! I’m very happy to see my daughter smiling and laughing…”. Mr. Shin cut in her speech saying, “Unlike my wife, I’m a very straight forward person. I didn’t even ask Jaeha for his word…”, Jaeha angled his head towards Mr. Shin as he continued, “… My son is a doctor and your daughter is doing her internship at the same hospital. They are of marriageable age and both are single. It would be nice to have them get married. They seem to be comfortable with each other too”. His every word pricked Sohyun. She felt helpless and looked at Mrs. Kim and Jiwoo. Jiwoo held her hands tightly. Mr. Kim went silent in thoughts. Mrs. Kim said hesitating, “She still has a year to finish her studies. It would…”. Mrs. Shin interrupted and said, “I understand your concern. So, let’s just do their engagement and when she is done with her studies, we’ll get them married”. “Let’s ask their opinion first before we jump into our plans”, Mr. Shin said looking at Jaeha and Sohyun. Mr. Kim nodded. Jaeha said, “It’s our marriage. So, I want to talk to Sohyun about this ALONE!”

Sohyun and Jaeha went to the backyard. Each step felt heavy for Sohyun. She couldn’t hide the nervousness. Her eyes wavered and Jaeha noticed it. She clasped her hands tightly. Jaeha saw Mrs. Shin looking at them through the window but, ignored it. He breathed out and spoke in soft low voice so, only Sohyun could hear him, “Shall I speak my mind?”.

Sohyun looked at him blankly.

He threw a smile at her and said, “After spending some time with you, I thought spending my life with you isn’t a bad idea!”. His words gave her palpitation. He looked at tensed Sohyun in the eyes. She immediately averted her gaze.

He smiled again and said in low voice, “With just a gaze, I can feel the flood on the river of my hormones through the throbbing of my heart. Just say ‘yes’… No, just a nod would do. Just a nod!”. He looked at her expectantly. She raised her chin up to look at him in the eyes. His eyes widened on seeing the tears that welled in her eyes. She didn’t know what to say except, “I’m married!”. Jaeha quoted in a serious tone, “If you are willing, I can take you away”. A moment of silence prevailed. He looked at her in doubt and asked, “Did I pass the test? Did I answer correctly? But, actually you caught me there!”. Her eyes wandered the space and her voice stammered but still managed to say, “I registered my marriage six months ago. Dad and oppa doesn’t know! I’m sorry!” She said it in a single breath and looked at him. He knitted his brows reading her expression and said firmly, “Truth!”.

Mrs. Shin who was sneaking up on them, heard her. She immediately went to Mr. Kim for explanation. By the time, Jaeha and Sohyun came into the house, Mr. Kim stood looking at her in dismay. He asked, “Is it true?” Sohyun’s tears spoke before her words could. Mr. Kim dragged Sohyun and drove the car after asking the whereabouts of Seungho from her. Before Mrs. Kim could decipher the situation, Sohyun and Mr. Kim had left the place. Jaeha looked at Mrs. Shin and sighed. He told Jiwoo to look after Mrs. Kim and followed them in his car.

On reaching the station, Sohyun tried to reason with her dad but his eyes were fixated on something else. When Sohyun turned to look at his direction, she found Seungho getting off the train. Sohyun stood stranded like an island surrounded by sea. She can’t move on the either side. Tears fell uncontrollably. Her cheeks reddened not because of the blush but because of wiping the tears over and over again.

As Seungho stood in front of her, Mr. Kim stepped up from behind and slapped him. Sohyun hugged her father crying while trying to hold him back. Seungho stood without a word. Jaeha arrived there timely and held Mr. Kim back. The anger made him slap, the frustrations made the impact while the sorrow which hit Mr. Kim first flew away leaving behind the other two. Seungho nodded at her to convey that he is alright. But, she wasn’t so, he took a step forward and held Sohyun’s hand reassuring. Mr. Kim who saw her daughter showing her concern for an outsider, left the station in anger. Sohyun ran after her dad with Seungho and Jaeha following behind. Mr. Kim took his car and drove off alone. Sohyun and Seungho followed him in Jaeha’s car. They followed him behind but lost him in a signal, so, they headed back to home.

Mrs. Kim who walking to and fro waiting anxiously for their return, saw the half-filled bottle with which Sohyun and Jiwoo were playing around with. Even the bottle wasn't disturbed from its position but the whole house has been turned upside down now. On reaching home, Sohyun asked her mom if her dad returned. Mrs. Shin shook her head in denial. Jiwoo hugged Sohyun who stood helpless unable to do or process any thoughts.  Jaeha followed Sohyun inside the house while Seungho stood outside waiting for the news. On seeing Seungho, Mrs. Kim came out of the house and said, “You can leave! If Sohyun’s dad sees you…”. Seungho tilted his head to look at Sohyun who was in Jiwoo’s embrace. “We can take care of her… Like we did for the past twenty-two years!”. He didn’t say another word and left the house dragging himself. Jaeha ran towards Seungho and said, “Don’t worry, I’ll call you if anything happens”. Seungho gave him a weak smile and bowed to thank him.

Next day, Seungho received a text, ‘Mr. Kim came back – Jaeha’. He immediately took his car and rushed to Sohyun’s house.

Everyone was waiting in the living room holding their breath for Mr. Kim’s arrival. When Mr. Kim entered the house, everyone’s eyes went on him. Sohyun broke down in tears, when she saw her father smoking. That flash of the scene told her she is not daddy’s girl anymore; her words won’t make sense to him or even reach his ears anymore. Her one word made his father to give up smoking, but her one act made him give up on her. Those debilitating thoughts haunted her nailing the pain in her heart.

Mr. Kim stood cold and said with a straight face, “What is she doing here? She isn’t ‘Kim’ anymore! And clearly, we don’t associate with Yoo- family”. He turned towards Mrs. Kim and said, “Tell her to take her things away with her!” He walked to his room and slammed the door. Everyone stood shaken by his words. His words tore Sohyun as she fell on her knees in tears. Mrs. Kim and Jiwoo felt disabled. When Jaeha took a step towards Sohyun, a voice, “SOHYUN-AH!”, struck her. It was Seungho. He stood outside panting, while witnessing the conversation between Mr and Mrs. Kim.

Mrs. Kim told Sohyun, “Leave with him. You don’t have a choice!”. She looked at her mom confused. “Time will answer your dad’s anger. He brought this upon himself!”, Mrs. Kim said, “Remember, mom will always be on your side”, and kissed her forehead.

Seungho received her in embrace when she came out of her house with her bags. He held her tight and let her tears fall over his chest. After a few breathes, he broke the hug and wiped her tears. He wrapped her in a side hug and walked her to his car and helped her to get seated comfortably. He said giving her a warm smile, “I’ll say it in simple words. I love you. Let’s live together”. She just looked at him, in response. He amplified his volume and asked, “I’m asking if you can tolerate me and want to live with me?”. She nodded smiling with a slip of a tear.

While he was about to drive away, he received a call from Yooram. The news reached Mr. Yoo’s ears. Running from it is futile, so he decided to chase it instead. He steered towards his house and on reaching there, he got down and walked around the car to Sohyun’s side. He opened the door, knelt down and on cupping her face, he told Sohyun to stay inside the car and kissed her forehead before he walked approaching his house. On entering the house, he immediately went to his room and packed his things. Mrs. Yoo pleaded, “What will you do alone?”. Mr. Yoo who saw him packing said, “Why is he taking the pains, you fold the clothes, pack his bags and give it to him!”. When he was about to leave, Chaeyoung and Mrs. Yoo stopped him. Mr. Yoo retorted, “Whoever wishes to stop him, may go along with him”. Seungho told, “I’ll be fine, mom! Come see me whenever you wish to”.

When Seungho came back to the car, he said, “If they don’t require us, we don’t require them too. From now on, you are for me and I am for you!”. She understood his anger and held his hands and said, “Take me for a drive!”. He gave her a quick smile and nodded. While he was driving, he saw Sohyun clasping her hands tightly while looking out the window. He understood that she is lost in thoughts. “Here is your handsome husband and you are looking out the window!”. She turned towards him and said, “What now?”

“Need some warmth…”, he said while giving out his hand. She smiled with the sweetness lingering around her eyes and clasped his hand.

Kang Chulmin saw Seungho’s car pulling over. He came out, “Your friends brought some things and were arranging them in your house. Are you moving here permanently? What ac..”. His questions and his voice took a break when he saw Seungho getting down with Sohyun.

Sohyun and Seungho sat on the couch like they are being interviewed by Chulmin.

“Can Sohyun stay here as a tenant?”, Seungho asked.

“I don’t get it! Here?!”, Mr. Kang asked knitting his brows, “We have only one house and we have rented it to you, where will she stay?”

“With me”.

“Both of you? Together?”, he stopped himself knowing where Seungho is getting to, “Is it what they call as cohabitation? Live-in relationship?”

They Shook their head in denial. Mrs. Kang who was in the kitchen, came out at the questions of Mr. Kang and exclaimed, “At last, you got her here! She is very beautiful!”

“You know her?”, Mr. Kang asked his wife puzzled.

“Of Course, that’s Seungho’s wife, isn’t she?”

“You are married?”, Mr. Kang now directed his question at Seungho.

“We registered our marriage months ago”, Seungho said.

Before Mr. Kang could relieve from the shock, Mrs. Kang took this chance to relieve them from his investigations and said, “You must be tired. Take rest!”

Sohyun and Seungho rushed upstairs after thanking them. They climbed the stairs which lead to a small patio outside their house on the first level. When she stepped into their house, she saw a big living room which had stone wall cladding and dining on its left. The kitchen adjacent to dining had all the basic amenities available. Sohyun asked him surprised, “You prepared all these?”.

“WE!!!”, Seungho’s colleagues chorused revealing themselves from hiding.

Sohyun though startled, smiled and thanked them.

Everyone congratulated them for finally moving in together. Rather than the condolences, their wishes made her feel comfortable. His colleagues never bothered to ask what happened and never was interested in it because for them, moving in together is worthier to celebrate, rather than the condolences on moving out of their parents’.

After everyone left, Sohyun looked around the house. She walked through the big living room which only had a couch, a coffee table, and a television. She glanced at their bed room which had a queen size mattress, and a study table. She loved the bay window in the room which is spacious enough to qualify as a longue. Though the house looked empty, it felt fulfilling for her. She found herself in the balcony which brightened the entire house since only a glass sliding door separated it from living room. Seungho leaned on his back over the railing facing her, she gazed at him and pulled him by grabbing his shirt. When they were at the distance where they can feel their breath, Seungho asked, “What now?”. “Just this!”, she said and hugged him by wrapping her arms over his neck. He hugged her back by wrapping his arms around her and buried his face in the crook of her neck inhaling the gap between them.

Yoonpark witnessed the scene as he came back to take his forgotten bag, he cried, “Excuse me, Someone’s here!”

They turned their head to look at him, but their arms never took rest from wrapping the other. They didn’t mind him and Seungho pressed his forehead against hers which made Sohyun to look at him. They locked their gaze on each other smiling.

“Isn’t it too much to hug with me being here?”

Sohyun retorted, “He is my husband and it’s my hug!”

Yoonpark stared which didn’t seem to affect them, so he fled the scene unable to hold the sight which lit up a laugh in them.

Seungho saw the tiredness in her and offered to make coffee leaving Sohyun to enjoy the evening breeze. While he was making the coffee, he glanced at Sohyun. He pinched himself to realize if she is really standing in his house or if it's just a dream. He brought the coffee and placed it ont the table. She leaned on the couch while hugging her knees and he rested his head on his hand leaning on the couch facing her. They talked over a cup of coffee and it continued over a bowl of jajangmyeon. They talked till the tiredness allied with sleep conquered them on the couch.

When the phone alarm went off in the morning, Seungho jumped up while Sohyun adjusted herself to find the comfort on the couch. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the time. His eyes widened and shook her roughly to wake her up, “Sso-ya, you only got thirty minutes left for your work!”. At once, she woke up and ran to get her things. They rushed and got ready for the day. They had no time for the breakfast. They ran down the stairs, saw Mr. Kang washing the car in the front courtyard and bowed greeting him. As they ran towards Seungho’s car, “You two didn’t have your breakfast, right?”, Kang Chulmin’s words stopped them.

They gave away a smile in embarrassment.

“Come in and have some!”, he said strictly.

They didn’t want to bother them with the breakfast, but they couldn’t defy him as it would seem to be disrepectful. So, they bowed thanking him and went in.

As they took their seats, Mr and Mrs. Kang brought the breakfast to the table. When Mrs. Kang saw Sohyun, she asked, “Who is this?”

Her question flustered Sohyun.  Mr. Kang calmly explained, “It’s Sohyun, Seungho’s wife. You saw her yesterday”. Mrs. Kang nodded and served the breakfast.

After the dinner, while Sohyun took her plate to wash it, Mr. Kang said, “Leave it, we’ll put it in the dishwasher”. Sohyun paused to ask about Mrs. Kang’s memory, but he was sharp to notice her hesitancy and said, “It’s Alzheimer’s”. Before Sohyun could utter anything, Seungho’s cry, “SSO-YA, WE ARE LATE!”, cut their conversation. She rushed outside after thanking them for breakfast. They left for their work in Seungho’s car.

Seungho dropped Sohyun after receiving her kiss. When he went to his office, his colleagues welcomed him in chorus.  Yoonpark placed his hand over his shoulder and asked, “I thought you’ll take leave or at the least you’ll be late!” Seungho removed his hand on his shoulder and said, “Instead predict the arrival of next project!”. Everyone sighed at their failed attempt to extract information from him and continued their work.

During the lunch, Sohyun went to cafeteria but, found Jaeha there. He came up to her saying, “I know I will find you here!” Sohyun gave him a weak smile and asked, “How is everyone? How is dad?”. He gave the weak smile back. In his attempt to change the subject, he lifted the packed lunch in his hand to show her, “You mom’s preparation exclusively for you!”, he said. Her eyes widened in surprise with her smile reflecting her happiness. When she held out her hands to receive it, he held the bag higher and said, “Service charges applicable!”

Sohyun laughed, “Service charge?”

“I’ll think about it and tell you later!”, and he gave it to her.

She invited him to join, since, the quantity is certainly for more than one people.

They sat together in a table and unpacked the lunch. For the first time in her internship days, she is meeting with him outside the work. She felt comfortable around him. And he didn’t seem to mind his fans around them and had his lunch comfortably. Upon unpacking, Sohyun gave his share and said, “Thank you”.

Jaeha puzzled and asked, “Is that the synonym for ‘take your leave’?”

Sohyun laughed and shook her head. With a warm smile, she said, “For being the same even though things had happened.”

He smiled and said, “Anytime”.

Silence prevailed while they were having their lunch. She noticed some of his fans giving a death glare at her. When he noticed her looking around and receiving glares, he smirked and said, “You rejected such a popular person!”

Taken aback by his words, she looked at him, but his smirk told her that he was pulling her leg. She cleared and asked, “How could one reject a person who never proposed?”

“What if I had proposed?”, he arched his brow.

“Too late!”

“So, if I had been five years earlier, will I be calling you as ‘my fiancée’?”

Sohyun shrug her shoulders, “Probably!”, she said laughing. He laughed at her response and took his leave after the lunch.

After her shift for the day got over, Sohyun reached home by train. She called Jiwoo and kept updating her status and never failed to ask the same. Mr. Kim’s anger didn’t seem to subside anytime soon. How long should I wait? What did I wrong? How wronged did he feel? While those unanswered questions roamed freely, her mom’s words are her only solace which gave her the strength to go on with her daily routine.

A week went by with buying groceries and preparing dinner and breakfast by whomever arrives earlier and rises earlier respectively. She love to cook but he is a good cook. He love to shop for groceries but she gets the best pick. Their never-ending conversation during the dinner, made them to sleep on the couch for the whole week. They never got tired of talking and sometimes they could never recollect what they were laughing about in the previous night. All those years of not being able to talk or see each other freely, had found its chance to quench its thirst in these talkative nights. They talked, laughed, gazed, smiled, slept, and repeated.

One day, when Sohyun was working in the hospital, some hand pulled her to the emergency stair case next door. When the hand released her, she looked up and her eyes widened on seeing Seungho. She closed the door and asked him in whispers, “what are you doing here?”

“Come away with me!”, he said in whispers looking into her eyes.

She looked at him blankly.

“Tell them you have a migraine! Tell them you need a day off!”, he pleaded.

“Are you crazy?”

But, she found herself seated in the bus beside Seungho who was giving her a cheeky smile and stare. She pushed his chin sideways to make him face away from her, but he looked at her back again.

“Where is your car?”, she asked.

“Public transport is good for the country, for the environment and also for our wallet!”

She smiled, “Where are we going?”

“Date!”

She looked around and placed a quick peck on his lips.

Instead of a smile, his face turned serious and he said, “Let’s get down at the next stop. I’ll drop you at our house or at the hospital and leave for work.”

She puzzled and asked, “Why?”

“I want you to reach home safely before I change my mind”.

“What if you changed your mind?”, she probed him with a smirk.

He gazed into her eyes and closed in the distance, “I’ll hold you tight”, he said in a low voice.

“And?”

“Won’t let you go!”

“And?”, he arched her brows.

He breathed out and said locking the gaze, “I’ll kiss you hard!”

“And then?”, she asked smiling.

He smiled slyly and said whispering in a Joseon dialect, “Might disrobe you!”

His reply caught a moment of silence as her smile disappeared. Soon, her smile reappeared with a question and a nudge on his shoulder, “And then?”

Her question answered his. They got down together and went to their house. While they were climbing up the stairs she asked, “What if I say I want to leave?”

“Go anywhere, but I’d beg you to stay with me now!”

After she opened the door, she leaned on the one side of the door frame and blocked the way by resting her hand on the other side, and asked, “And if you beg me so?”

“You’ll melt with love and…”, he closed in the gap between them with every word he uttered.

“And…”

“You’ll drag me in and shut the door”

“What else?”, she asked with her eyes wavering from his eyes and lips.

“I don’t know. You take it from here”, he said with a smirk.

“I’ll let my desire to win over me!”, she said pulling him in and pressing her lips against his for a smooch.

He cupped her face and returned the kiss gently on her lips and pulled back immediately teasing her. She gave in to his teasing and grabbed him by his collar and nibbled on his upper lip. At once, when she smiled like he is the one, he gave her a smirk like, 'you asked for it' . He slipped his hands through her hair and held the back of her neck and pulled her in for a dive. His lips gobbled hers. She let his toungue in but reined in hers as a revenge. It made him to dive in deep asking for hers, making her moan. When she gave into him, his hands ran all over her back and pulled her towards him. The moment she pressed her body against his, he became aware of all her features on him. It is that moment the desire sneaked out, it devoured the other and let the other devour them behind the closed doors.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Hello my dear readers! You might be dissappointed with their first night or their physical intimacy. I'm really sorry! Though it's just a story, writing a bed scene for shyshy couple, when they even hesitate to act out in any drama... Really sorry everyone :( The story gets only to the intimacy with which they act in their dramas. Sorry for dissappointing you! 

P.S: Both acted out *cough* deep kiss though... 

P.P.S: chapter cover- I don't own any of the pictures, just the edits are done by me.