- 8 -

Love’s Long Journey

Brushing his teeth with speed like precision, JaeWook rinsed and gargled with mouthwash. All to the amusement of his younger brother who was also trying to get ready (at a more normal pace). "Hyeong, it's not like we'll be leaving any sooner for you being ready early?"

- "I know, but maybe I'll get to see her before we go." WooBin had already reserved the local laser tag facility for the day.

Making sure their parents were busy in their room, Isabel wanted to talk with her brother. She had eagerly volunteered to help chaperone the kids today so that her parents and their Aunt and Uncle could have some adult time. Surprisingly, Demetris offered to meet up with her later in the day once he freed up or rearranged his schedule. Isabel loved her siblings but really, she just wanted to keep JaeWook and Hana from getting into trouble. Not bothering to knock, Isabel opened the door to where her brothers were sleeping.

- "Yah!" JaeWook had walked out of the bathroom shirtless, while JaeHyeong was only in his briefs. JaeWon was still in bed, lazily waiting for his turn in the bathroom.

- "Noona! What gives?" JaeHyeong quickly reached for his pants.

- "Yeah, can you get out while we finish getting dressed?" JaeWook grabbed his shirt and began to button up while casting dirty looks at his older sister.

- "Whatever, I changed both your diapers. Wonnie-yah, yours too." She included her youngest brother in case he too began complaining. JaeWon merely shrugged, got out of bed and headed for the bathroom since it was finally free. "Besides, you don't have anything I haven't seen at the clinic."

- "Noona! That's disgusting!" JaeWook said, horrified at the thought.

- "Enough! I'm going with you guys today only because someone has to keep you and HaNa apart."

- "Waeyo?"

- "Since this is not my conversation, I'm out of here," JaeHyeon grabbed his socks and left the room.

- "You must want to see the inside of Ajussi's dungeon?"

Demetris had laughed when she had brought up the famed dungeon.  "Dungeon?!" Demetris couldn't keep a grin from forming on his face. "Though I haven't seen every corner of the Song's home, I did grow up in the neighborhood before the Songs arrived. I'm certain the house didn't include a dungeon. While it's true Mr. Song can be intimidating when upset…" On a few occasions, Demetris had been getting home from the hospital or studying and crossed paths with WooBin as he tore through the asphalt. With the convertible stop down, you could see a stony and focused gaze behind the wheel. "…but I hardly think he's into torturing his enemies in his home. Perhaps at the club but I'm sure Castia would never agree to wash blood off the walls."

Abigail blushed, sure that she sounded absurd and childish to him. With an embarrassed grin, her fingers involuntarily rose to cover her lips as if she could bring back her words and keep them from escaping again. "M-mian – ugh – sorry…" she mumbled. "I just sounded like a total idiot, didn't I?"

He found it adorable, but he figured that would be even more embarrassing. Even more than getting called an idiot. "Of course not. Really…" he answered the unspoken question on her face. "I'm sure there is a fascinating story behind this."

Isabel shrugged guiltily and looked around to make sure no one else was .listening. "It's sort of a family legend. When we were little, my best friend InHei told me there was a dungeon in Ajussi - I mean uncle WooBin's home. She had our other friend, JeongYul convinced also. Though I'd never been in Uncle Song's home in South Korea, she and JeongYul had. They said they had never really found it but came across a locked and guarded building on their property. She swore she heard shouting, but a guard had caught them and scared InHei so badly she never went near that building or searched for the dungeon again." Abigail laughed seeing Demetris' amused face. "Oh, don't laugh! We were just kids!"

Before he could say he wasn't laughing, his chest betrayed him, and laughter erupted spilling out from his smiling mouth. "I'm so sorry! I don't mean to laugh!"

- "I suppose it sounds absurd but to us kids, it was horrifying and fascinating at the same time. And to my friends, I'm sure it was also a challenge to find this "dungeon." Anyway, it was a story we repeated to the younger kids to keep them in line. No different than legends of the boogeyman or La Llorona, in my Mother's culture but this was about our "cool and often mysterious" Uncle WooBin."

Demetris had laughed again and wondered if Mr. Song knew what the kids said about him. From the few conversations he had had with the man, it was highly probable he started the legend himself just to tease Isabel's friend.

- "Noona, I'm sure Ajussi wouldn't dare murder me in front of Abeoji. And really, aren't you too old to believe that story? I mean Noona InHei or JeongYul Hyeong never found this so-called dungeon."

- "Maybe I am and maybe I'm not, but I don't want to see my brother being dismembered by either Ajussi or Mama."

- "Aww, I didn't know Noona cared so much," JaeWook teased his sister by walking toward her with arms open wide, threatening a hug.

- "I don't!" She used a palm heel strike against the side of his face - a move he didn't see coming.

- "Yah, Noona, that hurt!" JaeWook rubbed his face.

- "Oh, you'll live."

- "Look, you're such a worry-wart just like Umma. We plan to talk to Ajussi as soon as we get a chance. It's not like we could do it last night or even right now." Currently, all the adults were still sleeping or in their room. Only the kids and a host of bodyguards were going to play Laser Tag. "Besides, Ajussi and Imo like us. I go to Church every week, I get good grades, I have a good business mind already (he invested half of his allowance with only a minimal amount of guidance from his grandfather), and I'm a black belt in Taekwondo (HaNa was a 2nd degree black belt but he chose not to dwell on it) and I'm handsome, what's not to like?"

Isabel groaned. "And puffed up like a peacock and did you forget you have every girl at school falling all over you?"

- "It's not my fault. I don't do anything to encourage them?!"

- "But you like the attention and don't discourage it."

- "Noona…I am a guy you know. If a beautiful girl wants to give me gifts and hang around me, why should I say no if I make it clear to her that we are just acquaintances. And anyway, since the last few months I've told girls I was taken."

Isabel could strangle her clueless brother but figured her parents would miss him if he died so she kicked off her slipper and was about to bend down to get it. JaeWook quickly grabbed for it. "Noona, chinchayo. HaNa is my number one!" His sister's brow raised. "Ara, ara but that's not what I mean!" He could tell what his sister was thinking. If HaNa was number one then who was number two. "She's my only one. I've never cared for any other girl as much as HaNa. And yeah, I know Uncle WooBin's guards can probably kill me and have me buried before I can even stand in defense but so can my HaNa. I'm not stupid and willing to risk my life. I'm in this for as long as God and time are on our side. Sure…we need to work out the long-distance thing between us and how can we work together to achieve our dreams. But we've just started "dating" so isn't this our time to figure things out?"

Isabel sat on one of the beds with a sigh. "I don't want HaNa to get hurt or for this to cause any trouble between Ajussi and Appa or Imo and Mama."

- "I like Ajussi WooBin and Imo JaeKyung. They're daeback! Have a little faith in me or at least Umma who beat sense into me every time she could."

- "Where do you get off sounding so grown up?!" Isabel glared at him, but he could see the edges of her lips fighting a smile.

- "Noona, it's called school. They train us to be productive members of society." He sat down next to her with a bounce; kissing her cheek quickly and bouncing right back up. "Love you shorty Noona." Grabbing his socks, he ran out of the room.

- "Puffed up peacock," Isabel muttered with a smile on her face.

In a fleet of modified Samurai Gray and Galaxy Blue Metallic Audi Q7 SUV's, the Kim family and HaNa's friends, along with bodyguards were in route to the best Laser Tag center in Athens. HaNa was in the car with her friends. JaeWook and JaeHyeong tried to join them but the bodyguards didn't want any of the kids sitting in the front seat. HaNa thought it would be too obvious if JaeWook chose to ride with them alone without his brother and despite the hinting looks that JaeWook was giving him, InSo refused to give up his seat. He had been HaNa's friend long before JaeWook was her boyfriend. Besides, InSo could hang out with the guys any time. He only got to see his princess and HaNa a few times a year. Once in the car, HaNa messaged her boyfriend. "Oppa, gwenchana, we'll have time to hang out in the laser tag room."

JaeWook smiled, seeing the message from his girl. "Deh…it's dark in there," he responded to her message.

- "Aish!! Chincha?!" HaNa fanned her flaming cheeks.

- "Unnie, gwenchana?" HaEun asked, concerned. She was sitting in the captain chairs with InSo and they both glanced behind them curious about all their commotion.

- "Ahnieya!"

JeongHee took her friend's phone unable to hold her curiosity. She screamed in girly excitement at the message. Their driver pulled over at once. "Miss So, is everything alright?" The second bodyguard had already sprung out of the car and was securing the perimeter.

- "Yes-yes, of course. I'm sorry. I-I saaaawww uhhh a picture of my bias- with no shirt on," she screamed again for effect.

- "Ah, code 4, (false alarm)," their driver announced in the Bluetooth earpiece of his two-way radio. They had yet to develop a code for teenagers being teenagers.

While HaNa and JeongHee looked at each other and giggled, HaEun looked at InSo and grinned. InSo looked back and glared at the girls sitting behind him. Taking his phone, he sent a message to HaNa. "If that's a picture of JaeWook, there better be a shirt on him." HaNa read the message and turned the phone so that JeongHee could see. The two dissolved into uncontrollable giggles. "That does it; JeongHee and HaNa Noona are hopeless hajiman HaEun-yah is never allowed to date."

- "O-ppa, I'll be too busy to date and where will I find another Oppa?"

- "That's the point," HaNa whispered in JeongHee's ear, who nodded with a wide grin on her face. InSo, they were certain would never let HaEun date in peace, ensuring that their friend's heart knew no other guy but InSo.

WooBin had already run a background check on all the laser tag center staff before sending his kids and his friend's kids. Upon their arrival, the kids remained on lockdown in the car until the bodyguards could take control of the center's security cameras (so no one could take illegal pictures of the kids) and scan for any faulty equipment that could explode and any other possible perils.

After a few minutes, the kids began to realize they had arrived, but the car doors weren't opening and remained locked. "Ajussi? How much longer do we have to stay locked up?" HaNa asked.

Messages began pouring into her phone. Complaints from her siblings and boyfriend.

HaJun: Noona, how much longer is the security going to take?

HaJin: I think JaeIn is a little nervous. Can you tell ajussi to hurry up?

JaeWook: Jagi, what gives? Why aren't we allowed to get out?"

The Kim kids weren't accustomed to these type of precautions - neither was HaEun.

InSo noticed a preoccupied frown on HaEun's face. "Gwenchana, Gyeongju," InSo leaned over to give his dongsaeng's hand a squeeze. "This is normal, you know our overprotective parents."

- "Deh, HaEun-ah is lucky she lives in the states most of the time."

- "It's only taking a long time because we're all together. Appa doesn't usually require a pre-sweep of everywhere we go. I think it's because you're all here."

- "Gwenchana, Appa doesn't let us go anywhere if he or Uncle Brendon can't take us and pick us up."

- "At least Brendon Ajussi isn't an army of bodyguards," JeongHee complained. "How am I ever supposed to meet anyone at this rate?" She slumped back in her seat.

- "Sarang will happen in its own time, Unnie," HaEun consoled her friend. "Umma didn't fall in love until she was in her upper twenties. Nado can't even imagine falling in love right now. Na have too much to do."

InSo liked this answer. He was determined to scrutinize all his dongsaeng's suitors; the later she had them, the better. "Choah, I won't have to beat up anyone soon," he said. HaEun, who could never believe her Oppa was being cruel, selfish, or had ulterior motives, shook her head at his silliness.

- "If InSo-ah scares off all HaEun's namja chingu, you'll have to take responsibility for her," JeongHee scolded.

Before InSo could reply (that he would or wouldn't), HaEun defended him. "Unnie, Oppa is just teasing and has no responsibility toward me. Na have my studies to keep me busy for a while. I don't know when I'll be ready or even have time for a romantic relationship. I'll keep Oppa safe from all his fangirls at Shinhwa. Unnie-deul and I will make sure only a worthy yeoja can have you."

- "Guerae, we should start making a list of qualifying criteria," HaNa said, making the other two, laugh.

- "Yah!" InSo was about to protest and affirm that he could select his own girlfriend when their driver unlocked the doors.

- "Miss HaNa, the premises have been secured."

- "Finally! Let's go!" Already, climbing toward the front, HaNa wasn't waiting for InSo and HaEun to get out first.

- "Aaaayysh…Noona!" InSo stepped down first, giving HaEun and JeongHee a hand. Contrary to popular belief, he could be a gentleman if needed. His Imo JunHee would kill him if he wasn't and if there was anything left over his Umma would finish him.

- "HaEun-ah, InSo-ah, ttarowah (follow me). We need to pick teams before Unnie has her way."

Isabel walked into the center with the two little girls, HaJin and JaeIn, who already decided she would be on their team. Seeing that HaNa had already met up and linked arms with her brother, she decided to separate them quickly before the guards noticed something off and reported it back to WooBin. "Kim JaeWook, I suggest you take a giant step away from HaNa."

- "Noona!"

- "Hajiman!"

- "No whining, I want both of you on opposite teams."

- "That's not fair!"

- "Until you two confess to Imo and Ajussi, I'm protecting my brother from being murdered."

- "Gwenchana, Noona," JaeHyeong patted his sister on the back. "Abeoji is a doctor, he'll patch him up."

Isabel rolled her eyes. "Mollah! Opposite teams you two."

- "Tch, you're not Umma, you know. We don't have to take orders from you."

- "You'll take orders if you don't want me to call Umma right now and tell her you're flirting with HaNa."

- "Am not! Mollah! Mian, jagi. We'll have to be on separate teams." JaeWook wasn't afraid of his sister but he was afraid of his Mother.

- "Alguesubnida, Oppa," HaNa kissed his cheek and went off with her friends.

- "Great, Noona. Now they'll just be batting their eyelashes at each other instead of trying to defeat each other."

- "I've already conquered her heart, what's left to defeat?" Cheesy lines just slid off JaeWook's tongue. He truly took after his father.

Isabel groaned and rolled her eyes while JaeHyeong hung his head in shame. "There are times you open your mouth and I forget why I think you're my best brother." JaeHyeong looked away from his grinning older brother and saw JaeWon and HaJun. "JaeWon-ah! I'm on your team!" He ran after the two younger boys.

- "Choayo," JaeIn hugged her brother. "Oppa can be on our team."

- "As long as he can hold his own," Isabel narrowed her eyes at him. Their family was extremely competitive when it came to sports.

- "Yah, Noona should worry about herself."

- "Kajayo!" JaeIn pulled on her brothers' arm.

The arena was well set up with walls and obstacles offering plenty of hiding spots. A bunch of competitive kids locked in a room together meant it was anything goes. The older ones picked on the younger ones, but they were younger, lighter on their feet, and were able to crouch lower behind obstacles to avoid detection. JaeWook and JaeIn teamed up to attack their brothers. JaeWook stood at the edge of a wall and blasted at JaeHyeong, while JaeIn crouched behind him taking skilled shots at JaeWon. They mostly treated her like a princess, but one didn't have three older brothers and not learn defensive and offensive tactics. "JaeIn-ah, good job!" JaeWook whispered loudly.

- "Oppa, my gun is running low!"

- "Gwenchana, retreat behind the wall on three...I have you covered." Isabel was coming toward him, but he needed her to cover JaeIn, so he quickly got her attention and pointed toward the exit. "Cover JaeIn!"

- "Got it!" Isabel shot everything and everyone in sight as she covered the opening for her sister.

- "Love you, Noona, but we have you cornered," JaeHyeong had come out of nowhere with JaeWon and cornered her.

- "I'm sure she loves you too but if you hurt my friend, you'll have to die," Demetris had just come in and was now behind the two boys. Isabel kicked JaeHyeong and shot at him while ducking back behind the wall.

- "That's cheating!" JaeWon shouted.

- "How can you cheat if there aren't any rules," Demetris asked.

- "Ignore them! Come on!" Isabel pulled at his arm and they ran toward another side of the room, away from them.

- "Sorry, I'm late."

- "Better late than never...Oh no!" HaNa and InSo were now in front of them. They would have no respite for a little while longer.

Leaving Isabel and Demetris with empty guns, InSo and HaNa had moved from them and were now fighting off HaNa's siblings and the youngest Kim who had all decided to band together. On top of martial arts training, HaJun was already learning the art of firing a weapon. The world was a crazy place to live and WooBin wanted his kids ready for any possibility. WooBin had inherited the leadership of the Song Clan but Korea's mafia royal family had changed more in the direction of worldwide vigilantes. The nightclubs, construction business, and JK group afforded them access to information, people, and money.

HaJun wasn't going to let InSo and his sister off. Even if repeat attacks were technically against the rules, there were no rules for this bunch of kids. "Yah, I'm telling Appa!" HaNa quickly ducked to avoid getting shot. InSo had his hands full with her sister and JaeIn, to help fend off her brother.

- "I didn't know Noona was so weak," HaJun taunted. It was rare if he got the upper hand with his older sister, but he could excel at this game. His sister was a Charger; she was aggressive and attacked early and often. He was a good blocker and could get his sister to attack where and how he wanted her too.

- "Loser has to spar with appa's secretary!" HaNa shouted while she tried to find an opening in her brother's defense. The kids didn't know the true history of the Song family, but their Father's secretary had an intimidating eighth dan (8-degree black belt). WooBin's skills came from all types of martial arts and fighting styles but he held no registered certification for security and anonymity. His surrounding people; however, were all master's in some form of fighting and led normal lives in the outside world. They just all happened to put their expertise to work in WooBin's organization. HaNa, trying to shake off her brother, had inadvertently led him to where her two friends were hiding. JeongHee and HaEun were the least competitive and had found a good hiding spot. JeongHee was a good shot, while HaEun sometimes got lucky. At least from their hiding spot, they could pick off their enemies when they got too close. Everyone else was chasing and shooting at each other, leaving the two friends alone and forgotten in the chaos. JeongHee saw HaNa coming at them with her brother and quickly gave HaEun a signal to keep quiet while she gave HaJun a direct hit.

- "Yah! Where did that come from?!"

While HaJun anxiously searched for his attacker, HaNa didn't waste his distraction and "finished" him.

- "Unnie, eeliwah!" JeongHee whispered.

HaJun noticed the movement and decided to switch targets to his sister's friends. "Yah! Leave my chingu alone!" HaNa tried to fire again but her gun was dead. "Oh no! I need to recharge," she whispered.

- "Gwenchana! I think I can keep him busy," JeongHee said. "HaEun-ah, just keep low and blend into the obstacles."

- "HaJun-ah! We got rid of InSo!" HaJin and JaeIn came panting behind him.

JaeWook had also been on the move after getting into a scuffle with his brothers. "JaeIn-ah, HaJun-ah, need help?"

- "Oppa, we have HaNa Unnie and her chingu surrounded!" JaeIn said proudly.

- "Noona is out of amo, you need to find her before she recharges."

- "Got it!" JaeWook followed the wall, carefully. The fighting was mostly on the other side of the arena. His girlfriend would have to stick close to the walls and obstacles. He quickly sprinted off toward the charging station, not caring if he was "killed". Hiding behind a wall, he spotted her.

HaNa could see the charging station. JaeWon and JaeHyeong had passed her, most likely looking for their brother. Not wanting to distract them, she just kept going until she felt someone cover and grab her waist. Her attacker quickly stuck his leg in between hers so she couldn't kick. "Got you! Surrender, jagi, you're my prisoner now." JaeWook gave her cheek a quick kiss and then slowly turned her around to see his grinning face.

- "O-pppa, I could have killed you," HaNa placed her hands on her hips and gave him a mock-glare.

- "Hajiman you didn't and now jagi is all mine," he laced his fingers with hers and wrapped them behind her back while pulling/shoving/pushing her toward him.

- "Pabo, I've been all yours!" HaNa grinned and her heart raced in anticipation of his kiss. Jaejoong didn't disappoint and his lips landed softly onto hers. He was a guy and she was a beautiful girl and yes, he'd love to devour her lips and more in their hideout, but he knew some things were worth waiting for. They'd just started dating and they still had to worry about the entire long-distance thing. He didn't want to move too fast when they still had to tell their parents.

JaeWook pulled back, merely grazing her lips with his before coming to rest his forehead on hers. "Does jagi want to stay here and kiss some more or should we go out and share an ice cream?"

HaNa's eyes twinkled in the darkness of their hideout. "Hmm...more of this…?" HaNa stood on her toes and softly fit her lips over his. Her lips curled into a smile before pulling away slightly to look up at him again. "...or...this…" she kissed him again, this time letting her tongue give his lips a little .

JaeWook groaned. "Jagi is in deep trouble now," letting go her hands, he held the back of her head and gave her lips the same treatment. When she parted her lips in a slight gasp, he took advantage, dancing his tongue against hers. It had been warm in the arena a few minutes ago but now she felt these icy tremors pass through her body while her cheeks burned. While HaNa was still trying to come to terms with her body's response to his kiss, JaeWook's martial arts instincts kicked in and he pulled away from the kiss. Someone was on the other side of their hideout. Placing his index finger to his lips, he listened carefully. HaNa nodded in understanding and held her breath, listening to what was happening on the other side. Finally, whoever was there took off. "Kaja," JaeWook whispered in her hear and after making sure their coast was clear, he took her hand as they ran out the arena door. Grinning, JaeWook, grabbed HaNa by the waist and twirled her around. The bodyguards were outside minding their own business.

- "Oppa, that was fun!"

- "Yeah, but all that running around made me hungry," he glared at his girlfriend and his lips.

HaNa screamed and ran away laughing. "Oppa, don't eat me!" She led her boyfriend on a chase through the center. Both athletic, it would be anyone's guess who would win.

Slowly, some of the kids began to tire of the games. Two hours of doing the same thing, other than chatting with their friends, watching a movie, or playing video games was tiring. JeongHee and HaEun had all but given up playing after they were cornered and JaeWook chased after HaNa. InSo arrived to defend them and chased off HaJun, HaJin, and JaeIn. Both girls sat down near the entrance amusing themselves on their phone. HaNa was nowhere in sight and InSo was still playing. Demetris and Isabel soon spilled out of the arena, laughing at some joke. "Thank you for saving me back there but I could have handled it," Isabel was a Kim but also a Garcia. She usually didn't back down from a challenge and (like her mother), didn't like to appear weak.

- "Ah, that's why you only had one life left...because you were handling it?" Isabel ignored his comment and turned to see the two girls sitting there. "Hey! What are you doing here? Did you get bored already?"

- "Yes, Isabel Unnie," HaEun answered. I don't really like these kinds of games. InSo and my brothers like it, so I play with them for a little while only."

- "Nado...HaNa Unnie and InSo are so competitive!" JeongHee added. "We just go along with them."

- "Sounds like you are good friends. I hope they take part in your interests too," Demetris smiled at the teen girls.

- "Oppa, greomyo," JoengHee answered, forgetting she was talking to a Non-Korean.

Demetris glanced at Isabel for help. "She said "of course" and "Oppa" is a girl's older brother but we use it for any older guy that we are close too in respect to them." Demetris nodded in understanding.

- "I'm sorry, Demetris...Mister? Uncle?" JeongHee wasn't sure what to call him and turned a flustered look to HaEun for help. If Isabel was like their sister and Demetris was her friend, then would he be like their brother?

- "Demetris or Dr. Demetris," HaEun instructed and then turned her attention to Demetris. "I'm sorry; I couldn't remember your last name."

- "Demetris is fine. HaNa always calls me Demetris Oppa and I never understood. Now, I know - but I don't mind if you just call me by my name. Same goes for Isabel. If I hear you say, Dr. Demetris one more time, I'll have to revoke my friendship."

- "Deal!! Do you know how hard it is to remember all your honorifics?"

- "Oh, I'm sure the Greek language also has its challenges," he smiled and sat down with the girls. "So, we have another hour. What now? There's an arcade but I think the girls might think it old-fashioned."

- "The F4 lounge has an old-fashioned arcade. It's fun, right HaEun-ah?"

- "Yes, HaYi would love to stay there all day instead of going to class."

- "HaEun-ah, only you and HaNeul would never cut class."

- "If you two are going to confess that you guys cut class, I don't want to know," Isabel said.

- "Oh, come on," Demetris teased. "Don't tell me, you've never cut class even once in your entire life."

- "I-well-it-not exactly...well, aren't we going to the arcade?" Isabel stuttered to the amusement of Demetris and the girls. "What?! What's so funny?" This just made the trio grin even wider. Isabel rolled her eyes (something she picked up from InHei). "Nevermind, let's just go," Isabel was about to walk off when InSo came out.

- "There you two are?! I've been looking all over for you! The little kids are relentless! Isn't HaNa Noona with you?"

- "Anieyo, she went to recharge her gun and never came back," HaEun answered.

- "Deh! And HaJun sent JaeWook Oppa to capture her!" JeongHee placed her palms together tucking her arms tightly against her body in excitement for her friend's romance.

- "InSo-ah, did you see JaeWook?!" Isabel had a suspicion the two had run off somewhere.

- "Anieyo."

- "I'm to kill him before Uncle WooBin does!"

- "Unnie, waeyo?" JeongHee didn't understand why the fuss.

- "Mr. Song might think she's too young to be dating. He doesn't strike me as being the type of man who would let his teenage daughter have a boyfriend. Then again, the fact that it's a long-distance relationship might save your brother from being thrown in the dungeon," he grinned at Isabel, with a teasing glint in his eye. Glaring at him, she began to storm off but he quickly stopped her. "Unless you know of a reason why your brother shouldn't be dating HaNa, why don't we let them have some time alone? With all these bodyguards what can they possibly get up to?"

- "Oh, HaNa Noona is an expert at getting rid of her bodyguards," InSo shrugged.

- "InSo-ah!!!" HaEun and JoengHee shushed him.

- "I've been in Seoul," Isabel plopped down on the bench with a sigh, furrowing her brow in concern. "Other than what I see on their social media accounts, I don't know my brothers that well. Although, I think I know JaeWook a little more than JaeHyeong. I'm just worried about Uncle WooBin's reaction to his fifteen-year-old dating. Our Fathers are very overprotective with their daughters."

- "I suppose I would be too," Demetris said. "But sometimes, kids have to just face the consequences of their actions. That said, we're supposed to be having fun, should we go to the arcade?"

- "Deh!" InSo quickly agreed. Running around the arena had made him tired; he'd much rather spend his energy in the water. "Gyeongju-ah, let's play air hockey."

- "Oppa cheats," HaEun pouted.

- "Anihya!"

- "I'll play winner!" Isabel raised her hand, laughing. Her brothers tended to cheat whenever they could get away with it. She understood HaEun's pain.

Since WooBin had rented out the entire center for a few hours, there was no one to bother the teen couple. Their friends were still busy elsewhere. "O-ppa, say ahhh…." HaNa spooned a large amount of ice cream; they were sharing, into his mouth.

- "Mmm…" JaeWook dutifully swallowed and then grabbed his aching head. "Gahhh! Brain freeze!" He groaned.

- "Opppa, mianhe!" HaNa took his head in between her hands and rubbed.

JaeWook enjoyed his girlfriend's attention and played it up a little longer. "Jagi, that really hurts," he furrowed his brow with his eyes still closed.

- "Oppa, what should I do? If I kiss it, will you feel better?"

A little smile formed on JaeWook's face. "Oh," he sulked.

HaEun did notice the little smirk on his face. "Oppa is such a faker," she laughed.

- "Ahniya! It really hurt!" He blinked his eyes and frowned, trying to get her sympathy back.

A wide grin formed on her face. "Arraso, nae poor Oppa," she pulled his head toward her lips and kissed it gently. "Better?"

- "Ani."

She pressed a soft kiss to his temples. "Now?"

JaeWook shook his head "no". Opening his eyes and still smirking, he took her chin in his hand and quickly pressed his lips to hers. "Now," he said softly while building her suspense before he attacked again.

- "Oppa doesn't have to trick a kiss out of me," her eyes twinkled with amusement and her face flushed with excitement.

- "I like my jagi's caresses," he dipped his head again briefly lighting on her lips. Unable to handle the suspense of these butterfly kisses, HaNa wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing her closer to him and taking his deliciously plump bottom lip into hers. Matching her impatience, JaeWook held her face with the palms of his hands, punishing her impatience by taking control. His lips were firmly pressed to hers and there was hardly a gap between their two legs as they sat side by side. They'd forgotten all about the cafe worker who had also forgotten all about them as she chatted with her friends on her SMS accounts.

HaNa had surrendered. She loved having her boyfriend beside her and being able to touch him, smell him, and feel his magical kisses filling her with warm fuzzies that made her float through the air. The sensation was just too much; she'd forgotten even where they were. Needing to breathe for just a second, she tried to pull away just long enough to catch her breath and get her heart back into her body. It was beating so fast, she thought for sure it had already jumped right out of her chest.

JaeWook did not want to let go just yet. They were in the very back booth of the little cafe and highly doubted that the employee was even paying attention. He hadn't had his flesh and blood girlfriend in front of him for such a long time. Adding to that, he hadn't had a girlfriend in such a long time. Although, he never indulged as much with any other girl. He didn't care enough. However, with HaNa he cared too much. He took advantage of her parted lips and couldn't resist letting his tongue explore hers. He heard her squeal in surprise but accepted his advances anyway. She pushed the mental vision of her irate Father to the back of her mind and relished in the tingly hot and cold fuzzies dancing up her arms and in her tummy.

Reluctantly, JaeWook ended this kiss first. Leaning his forehead against hers, trying to catch his breath. "Mian, jagi...I didn't mean to lose control like that."

HaNa couldn't look at him without blushing. Her face felt feverish as she recalled her perfect acceptance of his "lost control". Perhaps, she even welcomed it. "O-o-ppa...I'm thirsty. Why don't you let me out and I'll get us drinks...and extra ice," she mumbled.

JaeWook didn't move but continued to sit there, chuckling at his girlfriend's flustered face. "Jagi...hajima...I'll go. It's my fault you're too warm anyway." HaNa didn't realize his lips were once again creeping to hers; her breath caught and her heart took off again like her Appa's Henessy Venom F5. JaeWook took pity on her and planted a quick kiss on her cheek. "I'll be right back. What's good?" He asked, completely unaffected.

- "Oh!" Hana was glad to redirect her thoughts from his wonderful kissing skills and in the back of her mind – where he could have learned them. "Sparkling Portokalada - that's orangeaid or Lemonada, and Biral, if you like Coke type soda's. I'll take a Portokalada, please."

- "Porto-kalada?" He tested the word out on his tongue. "Got it, jagi! Coming right up!"

- "Hajima!! Oppa is bumping the table on purpose!" HaEun complained as her puck deviated from its path.  The three friends plus Demetris and Isabel had opted to resume their playing in the center's arcade.

- "Ahniyaaa!!!"

- "InSo-ah is a sore loser," JeongHee defended her friend.

- "Wae?! I was just excited for our geongju and accidentally bumped it." Rolling his eyes, "Yeoja always exaggerate…"

- "Mwo? We exaggerate?" JeongHee wasn't as laid back as HaEun and displayed a temper if needed. "InSo-ah is the worst exaggerator ever! Who spends hours getting each hair on his head to line up perfectly? Who can't go to school if there's the slightest wrinkle in his clothes? And who flies off the handle if we don't pick up his phone call on the first ring, but he can choose not to answer our call whenever he feels like it?"

- "Ahnieya!!!" InSo again denied these accusations, he turned to see HaEun giggling openly (having failed to keep it hidden). "Gyeongju? Is nah Gyeongju laughing at her Oppa?"

- "Ah-ah-anieyo, Oppa. Nah wasn't making fun of Oppa, chinchayo. Alguesubnida, Oppa has a reputation to be perfect. The Shinhwa heir cannot be a poor reflection of his Abeoji. Hajiman, Oppa...sometimes it's okay just to be InSo and not Shinhwa's heir."

JeongHee groaned. "HaEun-ah is partially responsible for that big head of his. Just because you're practically twins doesn't mean you should feed his ego like that." JeongHee two friends though she knew HaEun would never deliberately play to someone's vanity. She was too sweet and truly adored her InSo Oppa. The day they HaEun found a boyfriend, InSo was going to flip worse than HaEun's dad. JeongHee grinned at a mental picture of InSo grilling HaEun's boyfriend while pointing a sword at him.

- "Yah! HaEun-ah always tells the truth. That's why she's nae best dongsaeng." InSo wrapped his arm around HaEun's shoulder for emphasis.

- "And InSo is nae favorite Oppa," HaEun said untangling herself from his arm. She didn't believe he had a big ego or would never willingly feed it if she did. She believed InSo just needed reassurance now and then. It couldn't be an easy thing being Shinhwa's heir.

- "Neaga HaEun's only Oppa, remember…?"

HaEun flashed him her sweetest smile and administered a loving pat on the shoulder. "Greomyo!"

JeongHee rolled her eyes at the two of them. "Mollah, I need to use the bathroom. HaEun-ah, come with me," grabbing HaEun by the wrist, JeongHee began to walk toward the door.

- "Yah!" InSo walked after them. "What about me?"

Isabel grinned, watching the three friends leave. "Is that how my friends and I acted at their age?" She wondered aloud.

- "Probably much worse," Demetris teased.

- "Yah!" Isabel glared out her new friend.

Laughing, Demetris stood from his seat. "Come, I'll play you air hockey."

- "I did mention I come from a very competitive family, right?"

- "Put your money where your mouth is, Miss Isabel. Loser buys the other a drink."

- "Kol! That means it's a deal!"

- "If you say so...be ready to buy me that drink."

- "I'm only a starving med student; you're an established and practicing cardiologist making the big money." Isabel grabbed the air hockey puck and shot it across the table.

As a cardiologist, Demetris had to be observant to subtle clues. His opponent's "surprise" attack was hardly a surprise. He'd seen her eyes flick from the puck in her hand to his face. Swiftly intercepting, the puck shot right back to Isabella. "κούκλα μου, (my doll) your curves call you a liar."

- "Mworago?!" Isabel's surprise attack failed, and he returned her attack unarming her. The puck had sailed past her hand and into the goal. She had, of course, inherited her some of her Mother's curves. Standing out amongst the rail-thin and tall lanky Korean genes in her younger siblings and college friends, she had always felt self-conscious.

Demetris laughed at her perplexed face that was turning every shade of red. "Red suits you, κούκλα μου," he winked at her.

Isabel didn't understand what he was calling her but his comments about her curves didn't sound like he was criticizing her. Noticing the mischievous glint in his eyes that went well with the playful smirk on his face. Isabel had two choices: run and hide (something her parents would never approve of) or wipe that smirk off his face by beating him at his own game. Letting out her breath, Isabel retrieved the puck from the goal, setting it on the table.

- "Dummy Trees, I don't know what you're saying but I suggest you shut up and play."

- "Dummy?!" Successfully distracted the puck sailed past him. "My κούκλα μου should know I graduated at the top of my class!" e shot the puck right back at Isabel?

Isabel stuck her tongue out. "I'm at the top of my class too." She had to be. Her Appa was a Doctor; her best friend's Mom was a Doctor and that same friend's Dad owned the entire university, and her uncle Jihoo in California (also partial owner of the school) was also a brilliant pulmonologist. She and her best friend, InHei, had tall shoes to fill.

- "I received the distinguished fellow award my first year of fellowship."

- "Pfft," Isabela shot the puck back to him. "My uncle Jihoo bypassed all his senior fellows and physicians and became Ward Head within his first two years at the hospital."

- "Bull! That's impossible!" Demetris assumed she was bluffing.

- "Why would I lie?"

- "Seriously? What is he? A genius?"

- "Well, according to Imo JanDi, he's a musical genius but changed course and decided to become a doctor instead. So, perhaps he is a little."

Demetris stood in awe at this information and let the puck sail right past him. "!"

Isabel giggled. "Potty mouth!"

- "Oh, don't get me angry, κούκλα μου. I'll scorch your ears with my potty mouth."

Their battle lay forgotten while Isabel's face burned under his playful glare. Isabel didn't even realize he'd left his side of the table and was now standing in front of her. "Yah!" She took an involuntary step back as his closeness made her nervous. "Do you quit? I'm up by one point."

Demetris threw his head back and laughed. "My κούκλα μου flips from the goddess Themis to Nike and perhaps I see a bit of Athena as well."

Isabel crossed her arms in front of her, getting into defensive mode but not showing Demetris her week side. "Are you done harassing me?"

- "Nope, not even close," his face split into a gleeful grin, making him appear much younger and very handsome.

Isabel continued staring; narrowing her eyes, she asked: "How old are you?" She couldn't believe she had overlooked this important question. In Korea that would have been one of the first questions to ask. It was obvious he was older than she was but was curious by how much.

- "l thought ladies didn't like to discuss their age," Demetris replied.

- "Unfortunately, it's a must in Korea and we aren't discussing my age."

- "Well, Miss Isabel, I have nothing to hide. I just turned 31 this year. Why you do you ask, if I might inquire?"

- "No reason," Isabel quickly looked away before her cheeks began to flash red like Rudolf's nose.

- "κούκλα μου, how about a beer to cool your cheeks." He raised a finger to poke at her reddened cheek.

- "Will you stop calling me that!" She had her Mom's temper just like JaeWook. Their other siblings were much easier going.

- "What if I don't?" Demetris grinned, quite enjoying himself.

- "I'll let Uncle WooBin lock you in the dungeon," Isabel turned and began quickly walking away.

Demetris laughed as he chased after her. "He can't do that! I'm a valuable contribution to society!"

- "Whatever helps you sleep at night!" She turned her head to yell back and began to run through the center. Athletic ability ran in her Mother's family and of course, she didn't fall short.

Demetris was more of a basketball player than football (soccer). He was good at short sprints instead of lengthy runs. Thankfully, the center wasn't that long and Isabel ducked behind one of the security guards before he was too tired. "You're so childish! Hiding behind the security? Really?"

While the security stood, still as a statue Isabel peeked her head from behind and stuck her tongue out at him. "Am not!"

InSo, HaEun, and Jeonhee had just come from the bathrooms and walked up to them. "Demetris-ssi? Unnie? What are you doing?" JeongHee asked.

- "Your cousin (not quite sure what the relation was between all of them. The family trees looked as complicated as his own did)? Your cousin is being mean to me."

- "Then why is Noona the one hiding behind security?" InSo was a good observer when he wanted to be.

- "Demetris, perhaps there's a misunderstanding," HaEun was always the peacemaker. "Unnie is never mean."

- "Oh, I don't know...she did call me dummy." He put her on the spot in front of the kids.

- "You started calling me names first!"

The trio was shocked. Why would Demetris insult Isabel? "Yah, Demetris-ssi! Should I have security take you out?"

- "O-ppa," HaEun lay a hand on InSo's shoulder. "Let Demetris-ssi explain himself."

- "Deh!" Isabel spoke up again. "If Demetris-ssi… (she let all the sass she'd picked up from her best friend drip from her voice) wasn't insulting me...then does he care to explain to the jury what he was saying to me?"

Demetris answered her Sass with a hardly concealed grin and a glint in his eyes. "κούκλα μου, I'd love to explain. How about over drinks at Mr. Song's club?"

- "Demetris Oppa is asking Unnie out for a date?!" JeongHee jumped up and down excitedly, grabbing onto HaEun's hand in the process - making her shy friend giggle. "Oh, Unnie...Unnie just has to accept!"

InSo crossed his arms in front of him. "And how would Demetris-ssi even get into WooBin ajussi's club. They're exclusive and only for the social elite."

- "O-ppa...that's not nice," HaEun softly scolded her friend.

- "Wae...it's true…!! Demetris-ssi has only been out of medical school for a few years!"

- "InSo-ah...chincha? InSo is such a snob. What would JanDi Imo say?" JeongHee snapped.

- "I-I'm just being cautious of strangers!" The thought of his mother being angry with him was enough to make him stutter. Her temper could be scarier than his Father's could at times.

- "Deh, Oppa has a point hajiman Oppa, Demetris Oppa and his family must be friends to Hana Unni's parents. Why else would Ajussi and Imo have invited Demetris Oppa to our welcome party?" HaEun pointed out.

- "Deh! What does InSo know?!" JeongHee rolled her eyes, annoyed that InSo didn't see the romance in the situation.

- "Mollah!" InSo couldn't counter. The girls could usually argue circles around him. Except for HaEun, of course. She always considered everything InSo had to say. This was why he felt a closer connection to HaEun. He felt she valued his opinions and thoughts more so than the other two.

Isabel's embarrassment was giving way to amusement as the teens argue among themselves. She happened to glance at Demetris and scrunched up her nose, trying to keep from laughing; failing miserably once he raised an eyebrow and cocked his head silently asking her to give him an answer.

- "Kwenchana Oppa, Unnie knows Oppa means well," HaEun carefully subdued InSo's annoyance.

- "InSo, I'm sure your sister would be happy to know you take good care of her friend."

InSo rolled his eyes at that. "Tch...Well...just because Isabel Noona is nice. I could care less about Noona."

- "As for the other, twice a year your Uncle WooBin lets I and a friend get into the club without paying the membership. And I'd like to think Isabel is my new friend."

- "Unnie just has to say yes!" JeongHee squealed.- "Mollah! Let's just go find HaNa and JaeWook!" InSo was already walking away from the sickeningly sweet scene.

Mianhaeyo!!!  I haven't given up on our kids but I just do not have any time to write anymore.  Ok...ok...I could spend less time on twitter but then I wouldn't get to chat with some of you.  I've updated our family grid in the Forward to included Lee Taeyong as Kim JaeWook and Suzu Hirose as Song HaNa.  Isabel and Demetris kinda stole the kid's thunder toward the end.  They are very cute.  What will WooBin do when he finds out his daughter is dating?  And InSo is a mini version of JunPyo but thankfully his mother's genes reign him in.  Plus his best friends help keep his head on his shoulders, especially our HaEun.  Anyway, I will do my best not to be gone so long.  Perhaps I'll write the old school way with pen and paper.  In Southern California, the beginning of fall is our hottest weather, sitting in the dining room with no air conditioning is not fun.  Until next time, my loves.