- 1 -

Love’s Long Journey

May 9, 2031

Jihoo and HaEun were in the ballroom practicing their waltz for her quinceañera (15th birthday party), that was coming up in just a week.  Having arrived from Seoul a week ago, Ilana finally some free time to visit with the hotel caterer to make sure everything was in order.  As for the house, additional help would be brought in making sure it was clean from top to bottom.  Jessie, with a little bit of Nana's help, did a great job on the day to day chores.  The Yoon children also had specific chores to do on top of picking up after themselves and keeping their rooms tidy.  Chores usually pertained to something they loved best.  For HaLee, it was taking care of her horse, cleaning his stall, feeding him and brushing him.  HaEun dusted the piano and all the other instruments in the house, making sure they were always in tune and ready to use.  HaNeul maintained the entertainment room.  KyuHa preferred helping Brendon wash the cars or do the required maintenance and taking care of their dog.  Ilana cleaned up the kitchen each evening and took care of her husband, Joy, and their other kitty, Viola.  On top of Jihoo's most important roles as Husband and Father, he was a teacher, doctor, CEO of Suam Foundation, occasional cook, and handyman.

 - "Appa...I'm nervous.  What if I freeze?"  This was the first time HaEun would play her instrument in front of all their family and friends, instead of only a select few or complete strangers.  She had been working hard on her shyness wanting to prove to herself she was no longer a child.  She had never desired to be a principal dancer in either of her ballet academies, but they had been in Seoul at the perfect time for her to audition for the role of a demi-soloist.  Having grown up in front of her uncle Junnie's camera, modeling for him was never an issue.  Music, though, was her life; it flowed through her veins and demanded she touches an instrument.  HaEun was her harshest critic and for fear that she would deliver a less than perfect performance, would rather not play for anyone outside her parents, siblings and recently, her closest friends. 

 - "Gongju, na will be right beside you;" Jihoo was joining her in a violin duet at her party, while YoungSaeng accompanied them on piano.

HaEun smiled adoringly at her Father and teacher.  Most of her talent on stringed instruments came from his tutelage, while the Piano and vocals were mostly her Mother’s "Appa is jjang!"

 - "Gongju is not so bad herself," he stopped dancing to press a kiss on her forehead.  Only reluctantly did he end the kiss, not wanting to let go of his little girl.  His little Princess was a simple beauty like her mother and he'd seen more than one boy turn his head to take a second look.  And then there was Gu InSo, whom Jihoo feared would one day wake up and realize that his little friend was a beautiful young lady.  At least his Princess wasn't interested in growing up yet; music, ballet, and the occasional Kpop idol consumed her thoughts.  "Nae yippeun, gongju," unable to resist himself, he lifted his daughter off her feet and swung her around as if she were still a toddler.

 - "A-ppa!!"  She laughed.

 - "Mian, na couldn't help it.  I miss nae agi.  Time flies so fast and naega afraid I'll blink, and you'll be at Shinwha University already."

 - "A-ppa...," she pouted.  "Not yet!"  Around Junior High, HaEun set herself a task to finish school early.  Not that she wanted to leave home; that day frightened her to death.  What she wanted to do was learn as much and as quickly as possible, to help her Appa at the foundation.

 - "Aigoo, na want to turn back time when all of you were still small," he continued their dance routine.

 - "Na wish Harabeoji were still here."

Jihoo sighed, "he'd be over a hundred.  Gongju, that would be a nice miracle." Jihoo tried not turn to sorrowful thoughts but had a moment’s panic at the thought of the Lord calling Nana home.  He shook off the thought and snuck in a spin where they hadn't rehearsed one.  Jihoo was no match for his ballerina daughter who flowed right into the spin and back into step perfectly.  Grinning, he remembered the first time he turned his wife and though she entered the spin gracefully, getting back into step she stumbled and crashed right into him.

 - "A-ppa, waeyo?"  HaEun loved her Father's smile and that playful glimmer in his eyes.  HaNeul had it too.  One had to observe very carefully, or you wouldn't know there was anything amiss with their poker face.

Jihoo laughed, he couldn't fool his wife or daughter"Na was just remembering dancing with your Umma and turning her into a spin.  I knew she was tired and perhaps na anticipated her stumbling.  She didn't disappoint and missed her step, crashing right into me.  Mollah, she felt...so perfect in nae arms and na just held her close to me as we finished the song."

HaEun shook her head at her playful Father.  "Appa...naughty!"  She laughed, thinking of his mischievousness.

 - "HaEun Appa, naughty?  Andwae...!"  Ilana and HaNeul had just entered their music room.

Jihoo met his wife's eyes with that same poker face and naughty twinkle in his eye.  "Sarang, mollah what our dtal is insinuating."

 - "Ah, deh..."  Ilana knew not to fall for his innocent look.

HaNeul smiled at his Mom and Dad; he had to admit, they were kind of cute when they were being mushy.  Walking up to his Father, he tapped his shoulder.  "May, I cut in?"

Jihoo considered the request.  "Only because it's adul," he bowed to his daughter and walked over to his wife.

 - "Noona, may I have this dance?"  HaNeul bowed to his sister.

 - "Why yes you may, dongsaeng," she allowed her brother to take their Father's place.  The two siblings were very much alike; their aunts and uncles often called them twins as they were only nine months apart in age.  HaEun was extremely shy and often only spoke when spoken too.  HaNeul was an introvert like Jihoo, with a brilliant calculating mind.  Technically, he should be about two years behind his sister in school but as she was advanced, so was he.  He never flaunted his talents but when he joined the adult conversations; he often left them shocked with his ability to converse with them.  HaNeul was the second oldest but acted like the first born.  He had a sixth sense when it came to his sister, mother, and father.  His two younger siblings sometimes left him perplexed, but no one could doubt his love for them.

Jihoo and Ilana looked affectionately at the little pair before turning to each other"My lady," Jihoo bowed and extended his hand to his wife.  "May I have the honor of this dance?"  This was the first time he'd seen her all day.  Her appointment with the caterer ran longer than expected and she and HaNeul ended up eating dinner at the hotel.  HaNeul was his wife's quiet shadow whenever Jihoo wasn't around. 

 - "You may, my Lord," Jihoo waltzed his wife around the room like he'd done with his daughter, only holding her much closer.  "Sarang, na used to like this waltz until I began to hear it a hundred times a day."  HaEun picked Cinderella's waltz for her Father-daughter waltz in honor of she and her Mother’s nicknames; 'Princess'.  She and InHo, her partner for her quinceañera, would dance to a more modern waltz.

Jihoo laughed.  "Algeusubnida," he leaned his forehead into his wife's and gave her a soft kiss.  "We need to keep up with the kids."  HaNeul had begun twirling with his sister, being a bit of a show-off, so Jihoo followed leading Ilana to the side and then turning her quickly lifting her off the ground.

 - "Nampyon and adul are being show-offs at the moment," Ilana said once she was back on her feet.

 - "Deh, Umma," HaEun agreed "Appa just wants an excuse to hold Umma in his arms and nae dongsaeng likes to compete.”

 - "Appa knows he doesn't need an excuse anymore," Ilana stepped in closer to her husband and he tightened his hold on her waist.

 - "Maja," he nuzzled his cheek to the top of her head, swaying gently to the music; both had their eyes closed, kids forgotten.

 - "Kaja," HaNeul lifted his sister into a turn and then waltzed with her right out the door, leaving their parents in their own little world.

HaEun giggled, once outside.  "Aigoo...those two are worse than teenagers.  I don't know who's worse, my Nino and Nina (Godfather/Godmother) or Umma and Appa.”

 - "Jeongmal...but Ajussi YoungSaeng and Imo Mina are pretty bad.  Not that Nino Jae and Nina Abi are much better."

 - "I think it's sweet.  Na want to fall in love like that when I get older," she mused.  "HaNeul-ah do you think we'll be as blessed?"

 - "Na, don't have time to fall in love yet," he let out a “bored” sigh and looked at his sister with their inherited poker face.  "...and neither does Noona."

His poker face never bothered her and hers didn't bother him.  Actually, she could never keep it for very long"HaNeul-ah, do you think there's a time to fall in love?"

 - "There's a time for everything under heaven," he quoted.  "Besides, you're not old enough to fall in love yet."

   - "Aigoo...I was just curious, na don't even have a crush.  Hana Unnie likes JaeWook Oppa and JeongHee Unnie has a different crush each week but...I don't feel like that about anyone."  Laughing, she suddenly had a thought, "InSo Oppa probably scares off any namja that might even think about approaching me."

 - "Choah...I will make sure to wear my 1st Dan black belt and display all my Taekwondo awards when Noona brings home her first namja chingu."

HaEun shook her head at her silly brother.  "Ooh!  InSo Oppa is supposed to call me, he was going to the agency to practice our routine with Nina and Arreum.  I'll see you later," HaEun ran off.

HaNeul walked slowly after her"Even if it's InSo Hyeong, he'll have to get through me before dating you," he mumbled.

Jihoo and Ilana continued waltzing closely together, as HaEun had put it...it was an excuse to hold his wife.  "Gwenchana?"  He studied her face for signs of illness or fatigue.  His wife and HaLee had returned to Los Angeles with slight colds.  As usual, he couldn't get his wife to stop until absolutely necessary and HaLee immediately took to her bed, too ill to do her classwork but not ill enough for gymnastics, Wednesday night youth group, or her new horse.  KyuHa made sure she did her classwork before she was given some sort of punishment by their parents.

 - "Deh...Overprotective Ajussi, it was just a little cold and almost gone.  Tomorrow afternoon, I'll let Sarang take the kids out for lunch (not that Nana would let them eat out) and na will rest."

 - "Anchoah that idea," Jihoo bent to her ear"We can send the kids to the Parks and na can rest with nae anae," Ilana grinned but refused to comment.  Jihoo was also grinning, he loved his wife's smile and laugh and would almost do anything to see it.  Coming back to their present, he asked:  "Did Sarang accomplish everything she needed with the hotel caterers?"

 - "Mmm...HaEun and Mina already selected the menu and her decorations, she just wanted HaNeul and me to give the final okay while we were still in time to change things.  Sarang, the last time we had a huge gathering at the house was our wedding and na think we'll have the same headcount or more.  Our shy gongju is so excited for her party," Ilana looked up to her husband with a soft smile.

Jihoo could remember their official wedding day as if it were yesterday and also the day that their sweet princess was born.  He sighed, "Na always complain about the time passing so quickly but it's true!  Na feel like we just exchanged our vows and HaEun and HaNeul were just born and KyuHa and HaYi not that long after."

 - "Na think we've actively participated in our family, Sarang.  There's nothing to be ashamed about.  Since we give Yesu the first of everything in our life, he has directed our steps.  Na remember how long my day felt before Yesu came into my life.  Na fluttered about with no purpose.  Now that Na have my work, Nampyon, the kids, and our ministry work, the days may not be slow, but they are filled with purpose and joy.  Our work does not replace our family, Sarang.  We need to work because we have responsibilities but Yesu and our family always come first.  Sarang has never missed a soccer match or a Taekwondo competition, ballet recital, or gymnastics competition, deh?  And Sarang has always been there when I needed you most."

Jihoo tucked her head into his chest; his heart always swelled with love for this woman.  "And Sarang has also been there for me.  Na don't take for granted all the little things you do.  Don't ever stop tucking notes into my pockets.  If Sarang stops taking nae clothes to the cleaners or stops packing nae lunch, Na won't mind.  Just be here to greet me with your hug and kiss each evening and continue surprising me with love notes."

 - "Yaksokhaeyo (I promise) never to stop leaving nampyon love notes as long as nampyon never tells me to stop."

 - "Deh!"

Ilana sighed, still enjoying the feel of his heart beating under her head.  "The best rooms at the inn are reserved for all our friends and the kids."  JunPyo allowed his F4 friends unlimited use of the Shinwha resorts and Ilana, of course, never charged their friends to stay at the inn or bed and breakfast while in town "Although, did our gongju tell you, the girls are all planning on spending the night of the party, here?"

 - "All of them?Jihoo's eyes widened at the responsibility of having all his friends’ girls under one roof.  The Park family, with all their boys, thankfully no longer lived on the property; Kike's twins, he hoped, wouldn't think of pulling any pranks and if HaNeul and KyuHa even thought of causing any mischief, they would be dealt with severely.  It had been about a year since he had to give any spankings, HaNeul and HaLee were usually the recipients of those spankings.  "Sarang, let's send all the boys to the inn."

Ilana looked up at his face, a little surprised.  She could tell he was serious but didn’t miss the embarrassed smile tugging at his lips.  "Arraso, overprotective Appa, perhaps it's for the best.  The girls will be more relaxed if they don't have to worry about the boys.  They probably won't sleep all night anyway."

Jihoo was glad that his wife agreed with him.  It might sound ridiculous, but he'd sleep better knowing all the girls were safe from pranks or any ill intentions that the boys might be tempted to do.  "Gomawo, for agreeing with me.  One more spin...," he turned her and then locked his arm around her, nuzzling her face with his.  "We can continue in our room..."

 - "Sarang, it's the weekend.  Jesse leaves right after preparing dinner for us.  Na don't want Nana to have to clean the kitchen."  The mock glare on her husband's face was just too cute.  Raising herself up on her toes, she gave a teasing nip to his lips.  "Hold that thought for another hour, deh?"  She untangled herself and ran off, laughing.

Jihoo watched her go, with a grin on his face.  Even after all these years, her kisses still made him want to freeze time so that the moment never ended.

For HaEun, InSo was always punctual.  He was a typical teen; a little spoiled thanks to his Father but always set straight, thanks to his Mother.  Usually, getting him out of bed when he didn't have to, was next to impossible.  In honor of his birthday, his parents allowed him to skip his Saturday chores and activities, but he promised HaEun he'd practice with her Godmother and her friend Arreum.  The only time they had available was morning.  That was how he reluctantly was awake before noon on a free Saturday morning.  HaEun had been eagerly waiting for shis call.  From their home classroom in California, HaEun watched with a wide smile as InSo and her friend practiced their dance routine in Seoul.  He had been dancing with her Nina until it came time for a lift, at which Arreum took over.  HyunJoong and YoungSaeng choreographed the song for them, with Mina, HaEun, and the rest of the ARTMATIC team putting in their two cents.  She and InSo had been practicing for weeks. "Bravo!!"  HaEun cheered.  "DaeBack!!"  InSo took a bow and then gestured to his lovely assistants who also took a bow.  "Na practiced with HaNeul a bit yesterday," she told them.

 - "I think your Prince is ready for the ball," Mina teased the two friends.  Mina knew the choreography and was only about an inch shorter than HaEun and was a reasonable weight, but she didn't think YoungSaeng would be comfortable having InSo lift her during the routine and she was sure InSo wouldn't be very comfortable lifting her either.  Thankfully Arreum had inherited the ability to dance from both Father and Mother and was able to jump right in after a quick rundown.

 - "Nina!!"  HaEun groaned.  "It's just InSo Oppa, he's not a Prince."

 - "Yah!  What's that's supposed to mean?"  The prince bristled at her scoffing.

HaEun giggled at her sometimes-arrogant friend"Oppa knows I'm just teasing.  Oppa is very Princely," she grinned.  "...And...an excellent dance partner;" the Gu children all had formal dance lessons growing up.  A necessity for Shinwah corporation functions where their presence was required.

InSo wasn't buying her false flattery.  "Nae dongsaeng can find someone else to dance with."

 - " O-ppa...Oppa knows he's my favorite...Na will treat Oppa to an ice cream when he gets here, deh-deh-deh?"  HaEun the 'cute' factor.  Only two people were the recipient of her aegyo; her Father and InSo.

 - "Aigoo, how can na resist this kid.  Gongju better or she won't be my favorite dongsaeng anymore."

 - "Kid, Oppa?  Neaga only a week younger than you."

 - "And still a kid, neaga much more mature than our gongju."

 - "Gu InSo, Oppa?  Mature?"

 - "Deh, that's wae Na was born a week ahead of you."

Mina smiled at the two best friends.  "InSo will be teasing our HaEun until she's a Halmoni.  Her nampyeon will be jealous as will InSo's anae."

 - "Nina!!"  HaEun laughed at the mental picture.

 - "Ajumma, na will be very selective with her namja chingu."

YoungSaeng and HyunJoong walked into the dance studio "Maja!"  YoungSaeng agreed.  "Our gongju will only be allowed to date someone who will support her in her talents, but not get in the way of her goals."

 - "What about his goals?"  HyungJoong asked.

 - "They aren't important."

 - "He must always take her out for special treats, like ice cream and buy her small gifts to show how much he cares for her," InSo said.  These were things he did for her.  "He must shelter her from crowds and carry her instrument before and after each performance."

 - "Cut her toenails," HyungJoong said, making Mina, HaEun, and Arreum laugh.

 - "He should serenade her often," Mina said.

 - "He should be able to protect her," InSo approached HyunJoong in a fighting stance and began to play spar with him.

 - "He should be handsome, swoon-worthy, and sweep her off her feet.  He has to make her melt with his kisses."

 - "Anae!"

 - "Nina!"

 - "Ajumma!"

 - "Umma says that because Appa can melt her with his kisses," Arreum giggled.

 - "Yah, agassi!"  YoungSaeng scolded.

 - "Arreum-yang!  There are some things na don’t need to know about your Appa and Umma!"  HyungJoong laughed at them all. "HaEun isn't even allowed to date, yet."  He knew the Yoon children were raised a little more strictly than the others.  "Just make sure that he loves you for you, not your parent's last name, or the gifts you can buy him and don't settle for just anyone and make sure he's not afraid to say 'saranghae'."  Every now and then, HyunJoong could be serious and no one could say he didn't have a heart for young people and their dreams.

 - "Deh, HyunJoong ajussi, Na want to work hard on my talents and help Appa with the orchestra and the foundation, so he can just worry about being a Doctor like Harabeoji.  Namja will have to wait."

 - "Agassi shouldn't be afraid to dream of sarang, either.  Na married nae career; if that’s Agassi’s dream than give it your 200%.  But Agassi is young and still has time to consider what her true dream is.  Is Jihoo Uissanim asking you to take over the foundation?"

 - "Alguesubnida, ajussi.  Appa tells me to do what makes me happy and that's what Na want to do.  Na want to do it for Appa and Harabeoji and also for nae, Na would very much like to lead the Su-Am foundation orchestra at one point.  Arrayo na have a lot to learn and neaga willing to work hard to achieve it."

HyunJoong nodded, he could tell she was telling the truth.  She wanted this for herself as much as for her parents.  "Arraso, if agassi needs anything, don't hesitate to talk to YoungSaeng ajussi or me, deh?"

 - "Deh, ajussi!"

YoungSaeng couldn't help smiling at the girl who looked a lot like her Mother when she smiled.  No one noticed that InSo also had a soft look in his eyes for his favorite dongsaeng.

 - "Oh!  Did HaNa finish your dress?"  Mina asked.

 - "Deh, Nina!"  It's daeback!  Na hope Appa doesn't mind nae surprise."

 - "Surprise?"

 - "Amogotodyo, Nina.  Na can't tell you in front of nae dance partner."  HaEun was hoping her Appa didn't have a heart attack.  The ballroom skirt of her dress was removable so only the half overskirt and a shorter skirt, suitable for dancing with InSo, remained.

 - "Agassi...what are you planning?"  YoungSaeng asked sternly.  "Your Appa and l won't let you out of your room if the dress is not suitable."

 - "Nino!!"  HaEun giggled.  "HaNa just made it more comfortable for dancing in afterward.  Imo JaeKyung and Imo GaEul both like it."

YoungSaeng was not assured.  "HaEun-ah?  I'm your Nina and Na didn't get to see?"

 - "Mianhaeyo, Nina; both Nino and Nina were in Macau when HaNa Unnie surprised me with the design."

 - "Arraso, I'll let you slide this time," Mina said.

 - "Na can't wait for HaEun's party," InSo said "It'll be daeback!  Next year, HaEun has to stay in Seoul for my birthday."

 - "Deh, oppa.  Oppa knows na really struggled trying to decide where to have my party hajiman nae really wanted it here, at home."  InSo had tried convincing her to have it at the Shinwa hotel and she considered it.  The picture in her in her Appa's office of their wedding day made her decision final.  They were dancing over the pool dance floor and the way the lights shone over and, in the pool, made it look like they were really dancing on water.  No banquet hall could match that; she was looking forward to a magical evening with all her friends.  "Mianhae, na wasn't able to go to Oppa's party last night.”  WooBin had let them have Club Eden for a few hours before they opened for the night.  "Na will make it up to Oppa when he comes."

 - "Na will hold nae dongsaeng to her promise."

 - "Greomyo!"

 - "Noona!!  Umma says she’s done in the kitchen and to come put the clean dishes away!"

 - "Oh, annyeong hashiminika!  HaNeul is calling me to help downstairs."

 - "Annyeong Unnie!"  Arreum waved.

 - "Jalja, agassi, we'll see each other in a week," YoungSaeng wrapped his arm around Mina and waved at his cute Goddaughter.

 - "Deh, Nino, Nina, kansamnida!  Jalja, Oppa.  Jalja Arreum!  Na will you see you next week!  Na can't wait!"  HaEun terminated the call and bound down the stairs happily and right into her Mother.  Ilana, much less coordinated then her daughter would have fallen back.  "Omo!!  Umma!!  Mianhamnida!  Na wasn't paying attention!"  HaEun had her Father's cat-like reflexes and immediately grabbed her Mom's hand to keep her from falling.  "Gwenchanayo?"

 - "HaEun-ah!  Gongju!!  I know you're excited but please be careful?  What if it had been Nana?"

 - "Mianhamnida Umma, I'll be careful," HaEun looked down at her feet, embarrassed and a little ashamed; she was acting like her little sister, HaLee, and that behavior was what bothered her the most about her dongsaeng.

Ilana knew their eldest Daughter and she was sure tears would be starting up soon.  "Beba...I'm not upset, I just don't want anyone getting hurt."

HaEun was her own worst critic, InSo was always scolding her for it.  " Umma, jwosongmnida, I'll be more careful.  I promise."

Ilana drew her sniffling daughter into her arms, "gwenchana.  Our sweet princess is still so sensitive."  She kissed her cheek; the teen was taller than Ilana by at least six inches but still their baby girl.  "Go on," Ilana her daughter's back.  "Go on and put the dishes away for me, will you, please?"

 - "Deh Umma," HaEun rubbed her eyes.  "Mianhaeyo."

KyuHa came in from dealing with his little sister who decided to try a new horse riding trick without supervision.  She ended up falling against the fence and made a nice gash on her upper leg.  Thankfully, it stopped bleeding and all he had to do was clean it up.  If he had had to call their dad, she would have been in big trouble.  Having avoided one crisis, by the stairs he saw his older sister crying and their Mom comforting her "Noona?  Gwenchanayo?"  The two youngest Yoon children didn't usually bother with titles or formality but seeing his sister crying, KyuHa wanted to make her smile and it worked.

 - "Deh, dongsaeng-ah," HaEun blinked away her tears, smiling at her little brother "I’m going to put the dishes way for Umma.”

 - "Deh, Noona."

 - "Stop!"  HaEun laughed.  "Coming from you, that sounds so weird."

KyuHa didn't have his Father, Grandfather, and older siblings’ poker face, but he did have the same mischievous glint in his eyes and if Ilana had been HaEun, she would have been able to tell that her son was about to do something.  "Weirder than this?"  He took his older sister by the waist, even if she was taller, and waltzed her toward the kitchen.

 - "KyuHa-yah!  Pabo!!"  HaEun's laughs could be heard floating up to the vaulted ceiling.

Ilana laughed at her silly kids and went to search for their Father.  Judging from the sounds of music, he and HaNeul were in the media room having a guitar battle.  Their son wasn't a musical prodigy like his Father or his Sister, but he knew how to trick the computer so that the competition between Father and son was not only fair but also fierce.  Jihoo used his musical genius, while their son used any trick he could think of.  Ilana stood silently watching their stone-faced profiles while they battled to the death.  They were rocking out to Beethoven's fifth symphony and Ilana thought that the late composer probably wouldn't have minded.  She did wonder how he'd be able to feel each note but most likely it wouldn't have made a difference.  Finishing their rocked-out symphony, the computer tallied up their scores; Jihoo won by ten points.

 - "Bravo!!"  Ilana broke her silence and clapped for her husband.  "Bravo!!  Sarang, chukahae!"  She gave her husband a congratulatory kiss"If Adul keeps practicing, he'll surpass abeoji's skill."

 - "Anieyo, Umma, I'm just having fun.  Umma knows it's not in me to sit and practice an instrument for hours like Noona.  Na was able to win Abeoji on our last game, we're even right now.  Na will get abeoji back next time," he gave his Father a sulking glare.

Jihoo reached out to ruffle his son's hair, "deh...ka!"

 - "Arraseyo!  Aigoo Umma and Abeoji are trying to get rid of me."

 - "Anieyo," Ilana played along.  "Come sit with Umma and Abeoji and tell us all about your classes." she wrapped her arms around his.  Four inches taller than her, it wasn't as easy to sling her arm around his neck anymore.

 - "Anieyo gwenchanayo, ara Umma and Abeoji want some quiet time.  I'm going to grab KyuHa and run some soccer drills.  Jaljayo!"  He untangled himself from his Mother.

 - "Yah!  Where's my kiss?"  She blocked his exit with the standard Taekwondo stance.

 - "If Umma can stop me...," he was already gearing up for a playful kick when his dad stopped him.

 - "Hajima!  Give Umma a kiss and go on.  How many times have Na told you two not to play like that," he didn't want his wife getting accidentally hurt.  He knew she loved roughhousing with the boys, but he couldn't stand seeing the bruises on her, afterward.

 - "Deh, abeoji."  HaNeul kissed his Mother on the cheek and they shared a secret smile meaning - challenge to be resumed another day when Appa wasn't around.

Ilana watched her son go off; grinning she turned to her husband.  "Spoilsport."

 - "Maja!  Sarang...ara they are still your baby's hajiman they are not only taller than you but stronger.  They are young namja and forget themselves in their playing.  Sarang shouldn't encourage them."  He tried his best to get through to his wife; usually, it was of no use.  They'd all behave for a few days or weeks and then go right back to their rough playing.

 - "Ara...ara...hajiman it's so much fun.  Na can't coddle them like you do with HaEun and HaYi."

 - "Anieyo, HaYi has Sarang wrapped around her finger, not mine."

 - "She's...different...na can't help it."

 - "Deh...it's hard to stay angry at her but someone needs to remain stern."  Jihoo was the disciplinarian when it came to the boys and HaLee, but Ilana was in charge of HaEun.  The girl seldom got in trouble; it was usually because of squabbles with her sister or staying up late chatting with her F4 cousins or not doing her chores because she was too caught up with her music.  Still standing in their media room, Jihoo turned to his wife.  "Ah, there was something Sarang wanted me to hang on to, wasn't there?"  He slowly brought his hands around her waist.

 - "Mollahyo..." she grinned as he stepped into her.  "What was it?"  She tapped her lips with a finger, in “deep” thought.

Jihoo rested his cheek against her head then slowly nuzzled his way down to her cheek "Was it this?"

 - "Anieyo," she placed a restraining hand on his chest, he just held her more firmly against him.

 - "What about this?"

His low voice resonated deep through her body and then she felt his tongue rim her outer ear and down to her earlobe, ending with a nip.  "Anieyo;" her own voice getting a little breathy.  Other than kisses, the kids had never come upon them doing anything inappropriate and she wasn't about to start now.  Her husband wasn't planning on stopping either, he was now moving her hair and sliding his lips down to her neck, his tongue giving quick little flicks as he went.

 - “Let’s go upstairs, hmm?”  He paused his sweet torture to give a slow nuzzling kiss on her cheek.

 - “Sarang, if we disappear now, someone will be knocking on the door with a problem or unresolved situation and you know it.”

Jihoo wrapped his arms tighter around his wife and groaned into her neck.  “Arraso, does Sarang want to listen to music or play.”

Ilana pulled away slightly to wrap her arms around his neck.  “Let’s go for a walk and then sit outside by the propane heater for a little while, deh?”

 - “Arraso.”

They took a walk around the property, hand in hand, laughing and reminiscing about the week their eldest was born.  They passed the boys doing soccer drills and Jihoo couldn’t resist a few kicks to the ball, himself.  “Why isn’t HaYi with you two?”  Ilana asked.

 - “Ah, she’s in her room probably re-watching one of her rodeos,” KyuHa covered.  “Mama knows how badly she wants to compete with Sky.”

 - “Yes, don’t we all, Jihoo rolled his eyes at the thought of his overactive youngest.

 - “Kaja, Sarang,” taking her husband’s hand again.  “Let’s go back to the patio.”

A few minutes later, Jihoo had the patio heater and sat with his arm around his wife who had a soft smile playing on her lips.

 - “Wae…?”

 - “Hmm?”  She turned her full smile to him“Anieyo...na was remembering the garden and the patio as it was all lit up for our wedding and now sixteen years later, our gongju will be celebrating her quinceañera in the same way.  Now Sarang has me complaining about how quickly time flies.”

Jihoo chuckled “Now Sarang understands her nampyon?”

 - “Deh Sarang.  As I recovered from giving birth and we bonded with our gongju at MediFlower, fifteen years later wasn’t even in my mind.  All I saw was that sweet baby girl and the way she fit so perfectly against me when I nursed her.”

 - “Naega thankful we took so many pictures of the kids growing up; especially the first few years they change so much.”  Sometimes when his wife was busy working late and the kids were all in bed, he would turn on his favorite classical music and open digital album after album of the kids, reliving every precious minute of their lives.

 - “Mmm, it’s so much fun to look back at all their milestones and just everyday happenings.  Unfortunately, most of HaYi’s pictures are of some sort of injury.”

 - “Deh, at least there are many Doctors in the family and our KyuHa seems to be leaning in that direction.  Though, if na had my way, none of them would grow up and would have to stay our babies forever.”

 - “Does that work for us too?  Can we freeze time and not get older?”

Jihoo sat up and lifted her face so that he could look at her.  She wore a smile and a wondering look.  When he was done staring, he bent his head and tenderly met her lips with hers. Sarang doesn’t look any different to me now than she did fifteen or sixteen or even seventeen years ago.  That same beautiful smile that lights up her entire face has never changed.”  Giving her forehead a kiss and then barely brushing his lips down her cheek and to her lips, he pulled back“Nae areumdan anae.”

  


Well, the Yoon family is back!  So…short chapter to start with but you know me, they will get longer.  How was it?  Establishing my kiddos personalities, what do you think?

On another note....

So... have you seen "Take My Hand"?  I haven't had a chance to watch it 100's of times yet but the more I watch the more I love!  Especially the meaning of Hope behind it, and if with everything he's suffered through and still wants to convey a message of hope, we need to join hands and spread his message.  So please watch 100's of times on GYAO.  If it's not available in your country (like ours) download a Japan VPN and you'll be able to see it with no problems.  Do not download as that doesn't give him credit, just watch on GYAO.

Take My Hand