Dream

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

p. 7

 

 

***

 

 

Stepping out of the bus, Seohyun noticed the rain has started pouring. She hastily took her umbrella out and began walk back home.

 

"Aigoo, why it's suddenly raining..." She pauses when it suddenly causes her to remember Yoona that brought a tiny giddy smile on her face. She suddenly becomes bright as she started skipping and playing with every muddy puddle she came across. People that passes on her will smile and giggles and she will response with a heart over her head.

 

She soon arrived at home and expectantly sees the living room to be empty but when she reached the kitchen, her mom is preparing dinner already which surprise her. "Omma." She softly calls.

 

"Oh you're back Joohyun." Mrs. Seo greeted with a sweet smile. "Go upstairs and freshen up."

 

"How... About Appa?" Ask Seohyun.

 

"He's on the way. Come on hurry up and change."

 

Bowing her head, a little, Seohyun leaves the kitchen and casually went upstairs. She put her back pack down on the desk and sighs. "What's going on?" She wonders feeling weird. Her busy parents aren't tonight. Will she ever hear them not fighting anymore? She hopes so. Although there are times that they don't, it's still unusual when they eat together. And surprisingly her mother cooked, their cook and maid are nowhere to be found.

 

"What date is today?" Seohyun ask to no one as she hastily took her phone and check the date in case, she forgot an important day but there's nothing special on her calendar. "Tsk, whatever they're planning?" She tossed her phone on the bed and casually went to the bathroom to finally freshen up.

 

-

 

Walking downstairs, Seohyun can hear her parents voice from the dining room already. They sound happy and looked like excited for something. But the moment she stepped into them; their attention shifted towards her as they smile together.

 

"How's your day?" Ask Mr. Seo softly flashing a big smile as he pulled the chair next to him.

 

"It's fine." Seohyun smiled back as she took her seat. She was about to say another thing when she realized the table has a lot of food. It looked like feast but they owned a restaurant so she shouldn't be surprised at all.

 

"Wae? Don't you like the food? They're all your favorites." Mrs. Seo said flashing a sweet smile, handing her daughter her bowl of rice and chopsticks.

 

"Is there any occasion today, Appa? Omma?" Seohyun asks finally.

 

"There's nothing. Aren't we always like this?" Mr. Seo chuckled softly, putting a kimchi near his daughter. "Eat up."

 

Seohyun smiled back and nodded. "Thanks for the food. I'll enjoy this." She said and took first bite of her meal. Her parents joined her while at the same time they started talking about a new branch of restaurant. She wasn't interested that she just quietly enjoys the food and sometimes would smile to them.

 

"Have you thought of the University you're going to attend after graduating, Joohyun?" But out of the blue, Mrs. Seo asks her daughter while she's drinking her juice.

 

Seohyun put the glass down first and turned to her mother. "It's still next year. Isn't that too early?"

 

"We know. But it's better to be ready than to make plans when it's just around the corner."

 

"So, we listed all of these Universities you going to choose, Joohyun." Mr. Seo took the folder from the side that had been there since they started their dinner.

 

Seohyun opened the folder and she was surprised to see an application form from a school in America. As she flipped to the next page, another application form greeted which is still in the United States but different school name. "You're sending me other countries?" She exclaimed totally surprised and disappointed her immediately.

 

"Why not? Universities there are good. And we want you to take Business Management so you can take the-"

 

"No! Omma I don't want to go abroad neither take business course. I want to stay here and study with what I love." Seohyun for the first time got the courage to voice out her feelings. "Please, let me stay here... And I will be the one choosing my degree course."

 

"Joohyun, I know you don't like this but who will take over the business when we are gone? You're the only daughter we have." Ask Mr. Seo as he wanted their daughter to think of the future early.

 

"Your fathet is right. There's no one we can give this besides you. Whether you like it or not... You're going to follow us." Mrs. Seo firmly stated.

 

"I'm sorry but I really couldn't accept this." Seohyun put the folder down and looked down on her lap. She was reminded by Yoona's words about pursuing her dreams and it hurts now that she faces the truth of her parents being against with whatever she loves. She gets up and immediately rushed outside, climbing upstairs and dive to her bed with muffling cries coming from her.

 

 

:::

 

[Italy]

 

 

It was like her daily routine. Sunny head straight to Yoona's private ward when she reached the hospital. But just like any other days, Yoona is lying on the bed with her eyes being bandage. It's been a week and so far, she's being behave not to move around.

 

"You awake?" Ask her to acknowledge her that she's back.

 

"Unnie." Yoona's lips curved into a small smile as she turned her head on her right where she can feel Sunny.

 

Sunny reached her hand and give it a squeeze. "You're doing well Yoona." She said softly.

 

"Thank you. But it's boring when no one’s around. Not even a music can cheer on me."

 

"Aigoo, in three days. I'll be not busy anymore. I will be here more." Sunny chuckled softly. "You have lunched?" She noticed the empty plate on a tray on her table.

 

"Yes, the nurse came earlier." Yoona replied as she giggles.

 

"Wae?" Sunny raises her eyebrows.

 

"The nurse seemed cute."

 

"Omo, are you crushing on her?"

 

Yoona shakes her head gently right away. "It was because she loves stuff toys, stickers and watch cartoons. She even sticks a sticker on me." She casually raised left hand go show it. "Is it a star? She said it is."

 

Sunny nodded. "Yes, it is." And she finally took her seat on the chair next to Yoona's bed. "She's cute indeed. But-"

 

"She also mentioned she loves piano reminds me of my friend and your cousin."

 

"Omo, speaking her." Sunny's eyes widened as it crossed her mind. She hastily took her phone out and check the messages coming from her cousin since last week. She got too busy to even have the time to check her phone. "Aish, so she had been calling too."

 

"You haven't... Really talk to her? I thought you are and you just don't think of sharing it." Yoona said as she got confused.

 

"I'm sorry okay? I don't really just have time. You know not only am I working but I'm still studying and not to mention, I have to come and see how is everything in the theater with Grandma leading the few employees. Aigoo, it's stressful."

 

"I'm sorry Unnie." Sighs Yoona. If only she can do something to help them.

 

"Tsk, don't mention it. Just help us getting recover okay? Because you will make us all happy. Especially Seohyun."

 

"Can you call her Unnie?" Yoona's smile returned. She gets excited that instant.

 

"I was going." Sunny didn't think twice and pressed the call button on her caller id. But it only rings and rings. "I'm not sure if she's going to answer."

 

"Wae?"

 

"It's midnight there. And... Let me call her again then."

 

Yoona could only wait... And wait until Sunny speaks again.

 

"She's probably asleep now. Let me send her... A voice messages. Yes. You do the favor, Yoona."

 

"Yes?"

 

"You leave the message after the beep okay?" Sunny instructed as she put the phone next to the younger girl's ear.

 

Beep.

 

Yoona however couldn't say anything once she heard it.

 

"Yah! Aren't you looking forward for her to listen your voice?"

 

"I got speechless. Let me... Think first." Yoona replied and got quiet.

 

Sunny complied and waited patiently.

 

"I'm ready." Says Yoona after a couple of minutes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter