Let it Rain

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3: Let It Rain

 

***

 

It had been two and half hours since Yoona changed her dry clothes and have started cleaning every dusty place around the building. But she couldn't leave where she is sitting right now, where she can listen to the music inside the rehearsal room. It's always her joy to listen after she had around of cleaning. But today, it's quite different. Someone, who is not only playing the piano but is also bringing smiles to her lips because of her cheerful voice. She's apparently giving a happy virus to everyone inside. She couldn't help and imagine herself to be one of those people she's making happy.

 

"It seems you're making friends with her." But all of her imagines vanishes upon hearing a familiar voice and sense her, taking a seat next to her.

 

"Y-Yuri... " She stammers to mention that old friend of hers that's now the theatre’s Assistant Director. She's 5 years older but ever since she joined the team, it didn't prevent her to have friends in work. But it was all 2 years ago. "Um... I-I just... finished cleaning with my co-worker." she explained, feeling like she will ask why she's not doing anything. She tightens her hold over her mop and bit her lower lip as her heart is beating nervously.

 

Yuri leans into the deer's right ear and whispers, "I am not talking about that Yoong. I am talking about our new pianist. You know you are not allowed anymore to have friends here."

 

"Yes? I... I wasn't... " Yoona wasn't able to continue her words when Yuri suddenly held her chin tightly upward.

 

"Don't. Otherwise, you won't ever set your feet anymore in this theatre. Understood?" Yuri threatened, meaningfully.

 

"Yes... I... Understand." Yoona got scared and quickly complied. "I won't ever talk to her ever again. I promise." she promised half-heartedly. Being blind surely has disadvantages, she couldn't sure if she's being stalk or not. But she hopes Yuri spares her. She can do it easily, especially that they only just hang out yesterday.

 

Yuri slowly let go of Yoona's chin and gently pats her cheek. "Good. You can just stay here whenever you want but don't think of talking with her or the other new people here. If they talk to you, you know what to do... Stay in your lane, Im Yoona." she said for the last time, getting up and casually walking inside the rehearsal room.

 

Yoona let out a huge sigh of relieved. It's not the first time she did it but she definitely can't risk it. Being a janitress is the only way for her to live, now that she's living alone. "I'm... sorry, Seohyun-ah." And as much as she wanted to continue being friends with their new pianist, she seems couldn't do it. 'I'm sorry.' She sadly pouted. Her heart is broken, so unlike earlier, when she's just freely listening to the music and singing vocals inside the room. She couldn't enjoy listening to them anymore.

 

-

 

Placing her music sheet inside her messenger bag, Seohyun picked up the lunch boxes and place them to the plastic bag before grabbing her umbrella on the side, casually walked out of the stage, following the others. But just as she reached the door, she heard Yuri's voice that stopped her and cause her to turn around. "Yes, Miss Kwon?" and she wonders why she called her.

 

"Where are you going after this?" Ask Yuri as she jumps off of the stage and approached the young girl. "Are you going home straight?"

 

"Yes. Why?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows in confusions.

 

"Well, just want to know. Don't go other places anymore. It's still raining and will be dangerous for you. Go home straight, rest and sleep early. So in the next day, you will have more strength." Yuri explained, patting Seohyun's shoulder and passes through her casually.

 

Seohyun blinks and blinks, doesn't know why would she tell her that. "Weird." But she definitely couldn't guess as well. She just shrugs and went out after she did. She still can see her in the hallway but soon disappeared on her office. She just passes on and continued her way until she reached the stairs. Heck, as she reaches the first floor and was about to head to the lobby, she heard her name being called again. This time, it's not the Kwon but one of the Janitress.

 

"Miss Jane, what can I do for you?" She politely asked in curiosity.

 

"Yoona, she left this." The Italian lady said in English, handing the smartphone. "Can you give this to her? I have an important appointment that I can't do this myself. Her apartment is just a couple of blocks away from here. Here, the name of the apartment building and her door number."

 

Seohyun was about to react when the latter just hurriedly left her after giving the small piece of paper and her smartphone. She was left agape and looking at the address written on the paper. But her mind shifted to the untouched lunch box inside her messenger bag, that brings a smile to her face. She didn't have the chance to have lunch break with her because she couldn't find her around for unknown reasons. "I'll send this then." so she felt relieved now that she's being asked.

 

Not wasting any of her time, she continued her way out and once again opened her umbrella. She doesn't know the address so she asks to passers-by and was told the direction on the way to the apartment building. Much to her dismay, she has to ride on a boat and took at least 15 minutes before she arrived to the apartment.

 

"275." She murmurs, standing in front of the Yoona's apartment door, after she took four stairs earlier. She braces herself and pressed the doorbell button once. But immediately followed three, thinking she will not hear it instantly. She couldn't stop herself and smile, quite excited to see the deer and her apartment.

 

Just a couple of minutes later, she heard steps that got her smile wider.

 

"Who's this? Please tell me your name and your intention. I won't open my door if you don't tell me." But she didn't expect she would ask like that.

 

Clearing , she informs. "It's Seohyun. Can you open the door now?" And ask at the same time.

 

"Seohyun?! What are you doing here?" Yoona asks again, surprised to learn she knew her apartment.

 

"Can you... open the door first?"

 

"Tell me why are you here first."

 

Seohyun is stunned with the cold voice. She couldn't reapply right away. "I-I... I'm here because you left... y-your phone. I just want to give this to you." 'What's wrong with her?' She wonders.

 

"Are you alone?" Yoona ask to make sure.

 

"Of course." Seohyun finds it a little funny and she smiles.

 

"Are you sure? Someone is probably following you out there and you don't know." Since Yuri have warned her, she doesn't want to be caught again, Yoona doesn't want the younger girl come inside her apartment.

 

Seohyun looked from right to left and left to right and she couldn't find any suspicious figure. "I am alone. I am sure of this." She replied to confirm.

 

Yoona sighs. "Just give that to me then."

 

"Um, can we hang out also?"

 

"No."

 

"Why not?" Seohyun frowns.

 

"I am busy. Please just give it to me once I open the door, okay?" Yoona bit her lower lip immediately, holding the doorknob tightly. "Please... just comply with me." and she begs for her in the process.

 

"Okay." Said Seohyun to confirm her agreement. But as soon as the door was unlocked, she pushed to open it widely and hurriedly got herself inside.

 

Yoona turned her head and felt like Seohyun did not comply with her, listening to her light footsteps inside her apartment. She wanted to complain but that will only waste her time. So she closes the door and locked it immediately before she walks to the living room. "Whatever is your reason?" She asked her, a bit annoyed.

 

"I just want to hang out since we didn't had it earlier. Where were you, though?" Seohyun pout her lips. "I was going to have lunch with you but you suddenly disappeared. I was glad your phone was left and I am able to come here." She smiled however. "I love your apartment." As she looked briefly around. Everything is so clean. Not surprising since she cleans the theatre. "The floral wallpaper is so refreshing."

 

"Lunch is over. So please just give my phone back." Yoona demanded, opening her hand towards thd younger girl.

 

Seohyun quitely giggles as the deer's hand is on the other side instead of in front of her. "No! Unless you hang out with me, okay?" She playfully said and she headed to the balcony, just to close the door there because the rain is coming inside.

 

Yoona heaved a sigh a defeat, walking expertly to her kitchen. She knows her apartment too well that she doesn't need someone to guide her. "What do you like to drink?" She loudly asks.

 

Seohyun turned and finds out the older is no longer standing by the sofa, which cause her to follow where the voice came from. "Oh, so you're going to make me some drink?" She is happy to learn she agreed to her request now.

 

"What else?" Yoona rolled her eyes. "I have coffee and tea only."

 

"What about a juice?" Seohyun approached her at the counter.

 

"I don't drink juice. Back then I do, but I have to stay awake for so long sometimes." Yoona explained. She's just eighteen yet she's already like an adult.

 

"Why?" Seohyun got curious.

 

"You don't have to know. So tea or coffee?"

 

"Just a tea then."

 

Yoona did not react anymore and she moves to get her tea from the cabinet.

 

Seohyun is agape because she got it right but she's more than amazed that she just easily made her a tea. "What about you?" She asked her when she handed her hot tea.

 

"Later." Said Yoona, passing at the younger girl's figure as she made her way out of the kitchen.

 

Following the deer, Seohyun raise her eyebrows when she head straight to her room and close the door before she could follow. She sighs and takes her seat in the sofa. "She seems not really in the mood." She pouted disappointingly. "She didn't even make her promise to join me in my piano rehearsal earlier." she was also reminded how she keeps wandering in search for her after the rehearsal with the others. She sighs and turned her head to the door. But to her surprised, it suddenly opens. Then Yoona appeared with a keyboard on her arms. She just hurriedly put the cup down and rushed to help her carry it. "Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I'll get the stand." Yoona said as she let Seohyun hold the piano keyboard for her and returned inside. She close the door again, preventing the latter to have a look inside her room.

 

Happy again, Seohyun went back to her seat and waited for Yoona to comeback. "I thought she forgot about this now. I'm glad she doesn't."

 

Just a few minutes, Yoona returned with the keyboard's stand. She place it just nearby and Seohyun put the piano keyboard on top of it.

 

"Wait." Seohyun hurriedly went to get them chairs and immediately invited the older girl as soon as she took the seat first.

 

"You play the piece on your music sheet, I'll listen to it and I'll give you some advice." Instructed Yoona.

 

"Yes." Seohyun said while smile so wide. She positioned her fingers on the keys and before she started playing, she glances to the deer, whose focus eyes are not on her. Without a word anymore, she started playing the piece. Unlike the last time she played while she's listening, it's a lively piece this time.

 

Yoona smiled, couldn't help it and felt lively as well, listening to every singly key. She's far better than the last time she listened to her. It sounded more confident and she loves it. But in the middle of it, she suddenly got off key and has to pause for a second before she continues. 'I wonder what's in her mind.' She thought but still smiling, despite her mistake.

 

Heck, after a couple of minutes, her heart suddenly jumps in surprise when she felt her hand holding her right hand. "W-Wae?" And she got stammer as she asks h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter