Violin

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 4: Violin

 

 

***

 

 

As an alarm tone rings so loud echoing the entire big room, one doe-eyed girl casually reached for her phone and turned it off on top of her night stand.

 

She gets up, grabs her stick from the side and headed to her shower room. She flashes a smile in front of the mirror, as she can see her reflection through her mind. "Good morning, Im Yoona." Greeting herself is her daily routine to bring positive vibes on her way and it never fails to make her feel better.

 

"Let's work hard again." She added enthusiastically. Although It feels lonely, she had no time to be dramatic and waste her time on it. Her smile however got bigger when Seohyun's voice crosses her mind. She is looking forward talking and hanging out her again even though only secretly.

 

Leaving the shower room casually, she went to get her towel she always places at the bottom of her bed and returns to finally freshen up. She's probably not seeing her new friend but listening to her adorable and cute voice is a joy for her and her heart. She felt happier now than yesterday, as she gets excited for later. She'll probably buy food later also, so she won't always feed her. She's her guest after all.

 

Moments later, after she put on her uniform as the theater's Janitress, she didn't miss to bring her phone, her wallet and her earphones that she put on both of her ears, that connects to her smartphone.

 

She then put her phone under her chin and instructed it. "To Mamma in Cucina please." She softly said. A voice then responded and guides her direction. She followed the voice carefully, like she normally does when she goes out for breakfast.

 

 

-

 

 

"Auntie Shin, Thank you." She thanked the ever so kind Aunt of her who owns the restaurant after she heard the plate of her breakfast was place down on the table. It's not the first time, but she always felt grateful every time she comes to her restaurant.

 

"You seemed brighter today, eh?"

 

Yoona smiled and nodded. She can feel her Aunt sat down next to her on her left. "I have a new friend." She revealed without hesitation.

 

"Whoa, Really? An Italian too?" Aunt Shin smiled happily for her niece. Ever since her parents left, she's always been wishing she'll find someone that can help her return her normal life. As much as she wanted to do it herself, she has a family to take care of and a restaurant she can't leave even at night. Feeding her is the least she can do to help her. "Who is it?" She excitedly asks to know.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "She's like us." Her smile never left her face.

 

"Asian? Really? I thought no one's-"

 

"She just came for a vacation. She loves playing piano, Auntie."

 

"Just like your mother. Does she play in your working place too?" Auntie Shin reached for the utensils and she slowly put them into her niece's grasps, so she she can start eating. Her breakfast is her usual Italian baked eggs and sausage she likes.

 

"She just recently did... And she'll be part of the upcoming ShowTime." Yoona shares as she began to carefully enjoy her breakfast.

 

"She's older?"

 

"Younger."

 

Auntie Shin smiled proudly to see her niece smiling that bright. It's different this time and she likes it. "You should bring her here some time then. I want to meet her."

 

"Really? Can I ask to bring her tomorrow?"

 

"You're that close with her now?"

 

Yoona stop for a moment. She realizes, she felt so comfortable with the way Seohyun treats her. "I-I mean... I'm still asking her, maybe later." She rephrased it and smile. Suddenly felt embarrassed.

 

"I was just teasing you. You don't need to ask her right away. I'm just happy to learn you have someone besides you right now... It's been a while." Auntie Shin smiled heartily, rubbing Yoona's head softly as she gets up. "Just call me when you're done." She added and left to the kitchen.

 

Once her Aunt's footsteps disappear, Yoona started to hear rain drops outside the restaurant. She frowned as she realizes she didn't bring her umbrella. "How am I... " she felt trouble, thinking she will be soak if she continues to the theater later. She can't ask her Aunt also to borrow when she had been all kind for her.

 

"Hey." Just as she thought of contacting someone on her phone, she heard that familiar voice. She turned her head to her right, where the footsteps are coming from. "I thought I told you to have a talk with me in your apartment?" It's Yuri that cause her to feel a little uneasy.

 

"You... called?" She confusedly asks.

 

Yuri took the seat next to the deer's right side, creases her eyebrows towards her. "You missed my message? I dropped a call only and sent you a message about this."

 

"Chincha? I... I forgot to check." Yoona awkwardly smile. 'Did Seohyun read her message?' And she had a weird feeling the younger girl knew about it.

 

"Well, that doesn't matter now. I saw you here anyway." Yuri said as she opened her messenger bag and took the new box of her pills. "Where's your backpack?" But she realizes, she wasn't with it.

 

"I'm just having breakfast. I might return to my apartment." Yoona told as she also mentally reminded herself. Now it made sense she forgot her umbrella as well.

 

"Chincha?" Yuri put the box back to her backpack. "Okay, let's return later then."

 

"Wae?" Yoona obliviously asks.

 

"You know your monthly medicine? I don't think you forgot about that." Yuri reminded.

 

"Oh yeah... But why don't you just hand it to me here? You will be late."

 

"It's still too early, Yoong. And I haven't eaten too. Hold on, I'll have mine as well." with that, Yuri called the waiter of the restaurant and have her order.

 

Yoona just nodded her head and casually returned to her meal. She felt weird because Yuri's voice sounds friendly compared to yesterday. 'She has probably forgotten about Seohyun now... or what?' She however couldn't put her guard down. It's still Yuri she's with, and she knows her character well.

 

"Everything is fine... Right, Yoong?" Ask Yuri after she let the waiter took her order. Her eyebrows rise as she observes her mood.

 

"Of course." Yoona answered with a small smile before she took a bite of her food. "Wae?"

 

"Nothing. You just look bright."

 

"I always look bright, don't I?" She finds it weird for her to say.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. "It's not that. Just don't mind it. Aigoo..." She decided to brushed it off and just welcome her order to the table.

 

'What was on her mind?' Yoona can't help and wonder.

 

"Do you know that your pills are expensive?" Yuri suddenly thought of sharing it.

 

"Yes, that's why I am always thankful." Yoona sincerely said along with a warm smile.

 

"Well, I came here not just to deliver your new pills, but also to inform you that I can no longer supply you with these. I mean, I don't seem to see any progress with your condition. Shouldn't you stop taking this medicine now?" Yuri softly and calmly suggested. She's determined to stopped now that she can see, she can no longer return her visions back.

 

Yoona is hurt and surprised to learn but she keeps her calm and bitterly smiled as she says, "Yeah... Indeed. The doctor's pills are useless. But... Thanks for still helping me out, Yuri-ah... I feel like I owe you a lot. I mean, I don't have my parents-"

 

"Nah, you don't owe me. I was just doing my job as your friend." Yuri patted the deer's shoulder.

 

Yoona shivers for unknown reasons. "Thank you." But she still felt like thanking her. Even though it wasn't a success. Without her, she's probably not in her apartment also, since she helped her also find a good place to stay ever since her parents died.

 

Yuri sighs audibly and finally began her breakfast as they both got quiet.

 

 

***

 

 

Instead of going straight to the theater, Seohyun decided to stop by to Yoona's apartment, hoping she can steal the remaining medicines and have breakfast with her also in the process. However, as she reached her apartment, she heard a familiar voice inside along with the deer's. "She's present?" And that quickly moved her, as she runs to the nearest hiding place behind a wall.

 

Just then, Yuri walked out the apartment and went to the elevator without waiting for Yoona to come with her. Seohyun took the chance and hastily stopped the doe-eyed from closing the door before she could do so.

 

"Hi, Yoona-chan." She greeted so brightly and quickly stepped inside and close the door behind her.

 

"S-Seohyun?" Yoona didn't expect it. "What are you doing here, so early?" She's facing the door, oblivious where the younger is standing.

 

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Seohyun held her shoulders and turned her around so she's facing her.

 

"I have. I just returned to my apartment to get my backpack and my umbrella. I was so lucky Yuri came by to dropped by my last pills." Yoona informed as she walks with her to the sofa using her stick again. They take their seats together.

 

"She really is so kind." Seohyun went to picked up the box on top of the coffee table. "But don't you think about changing this medicine?" And decided to convinced the latter.

 

"Changing?" Yoona rose her eyebrows. "That's what my doctor is recommending me."

 

Seohyun felt so bad for the innocent young lad. "But it had been a year or so you are using this, right? And nothing happens. I think you shouldn't take this anymore."

 

"I know... but who knows-"

 

"A nurse cousin of mine, she knows a lot of doctors in town. Why don't we ask her permission?" She interrupted before the latter can continue declining.

 

"Yu... " Yoona sighs. "Yuri told me the same thing. I mean, the pills she had been giving me is not helping so she wanted to... stop giving me that already... without any replacement though. But I feel like... I really should stop taking medicines now. I think I will forever be... blind. It's nothing to bother... to be honest. I mean, it's been a long time..." she flashes her a reassuring smile, as she accepts her fate.

 

Seohyun is speechless for a couple of seconds. But she believes there's no such thing as too late. "No. You have to really see a doctor, Yoona-chan."

 

"It will just cost me again. There's no need." Yoona argued. She can't afford another check-up even.

 

"Yah, don't you want to return your visions?" Seohyun got annoyed. "Or don't you want to live normally again? I know inside your heart you are wishing for that to happen. And I want you to know that I will help you for that to happen. You don't have actually think of money, because it's going to be free. My nurse cousin, she's going to help us, okay? Please... " She took her two hands and hold them gently. "Don't lose hope. Come on." And she shakes them while pouting, even though she couldn't see it. She doesn't have a lot of time to help her. She can't waste the opportunity.

 

Yoona thought for a moment but she shook her head. "I'm sorry. I really shouldn't bother you."

 

"Think of it first, okay? I think there's no harm in trying." Seohyun softly reminded.

 

'She's so kind... ' The doe-eyed is fluttering and she is speechless about it. She couldn't take her for granted but something inside her telling her to try it again. She had been wishing it every night that someday, somehow, when she wakes up, she could see again the things she missed around her. And with that, it made her nodded in agreement.

 

"Yay!" Happy Seohyun jumps a little. "But you really don't need to take any pills. Vitamins will do, but not of these, okay?" With that said, she picked up the box from the coffee table again and entered her room without asking for permission.

 

Yoona let out a defeating sigh. 'What is she doing?' She bit her lower lip, quietly wondering why younger girl is helping her. She didn't even ask her. However, she couldn't think of any reason besides she felt pity about her, but she hopes it's not because she's giving her hope.

 

"I throw all the remaining medicines for your eyes except the vitamins into the trash bin, so don't ever think of searching for it." Seohyun informs as she returns to the living room to see the deer.

 

"Seohyun?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

Yoona exhales. "Why are you doing this?" She halfheartedly asks.

 

Again, for a couple of seconds, Seohyun got speechless and she thought of the reason indeed. But all that came to her is because of one thing, "You are the first person that tells me that I can do what I am capable to do... that I can be a pianist someday... I want to see you do the same."

 

Yoona almost doesn't want to believe what she heard but the moment the younger girl took her hands again, she felt her sincerity. And it felt right.

 

"You are still too young to be in this situation, Yoona-chan... I believe you still have a long way to go... if you could only follow what your heart is telling you to do."

 

And she tells her that, she's convinced her intention and there's no point of doubting about it or does she even feel pity. It's more on telling her that hope is always there if she follows her heart and don't ever give up. She found a new strength with those heartwarming words and gives her new courage.

 

"Thank you Seohyun-chan." She replied,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter