New Spring [Final]

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10

 

 

***

 

 

Upon stepping onto the stage again, Yoona's eyes immediately wander and she stopped at the piano in the front, where she slowly imagined Seohyun, playing the piano with her all smiles. It brought a giddy smile on her face as well as she slowly approached it. It's a pity that the younger has to leave after a week of stay but that one week is enough to find herself a new friend and a new family. She probably did something good in her past life to meet them.

 

Sitting on the bench, she runs her fingers to the keys smoothly, reminiscing the spring she's in the stage to play it. Her heart is fluttering and her sweet smile is still there. She decided to play it but she only knew a few like the famous Beethoven 5th Symphony. 

 

However, she stopped halfway when she heard a noise behind, causing her to turn and saw Sunny is clapping her hands while she's holding her violin.

 

"I wasn't aware you're also good at piano, Yoona." Praises Sunny, joining the younger girl to the stage.

 

"I just know a few, Unnie. Not really good. Seohyun is." came Yoona's humble response. "Is that my violin, Unnie?" Her eyes brightened up when she got a closer look at her favorite instrument.

 

Sunny smiled back, handing the violin. "Yup, it's yours. It has your initials either way."

 

"Thank you Unnie." said Yoona as she accepted it and runs her fingers on the initials. She still can remember the moment her parents gifted it. It was during her eighth birthday. They really save for it so they can buy them the instrument. It's nostalgic. "I can't wait to play you again."

 

"Let's go buy a new case and bow hair for that." Sunny said as she reminds the doe-eyed her bow is already old and it might break once she plays it again.

 

"Thank you again, Unnie." 

 

"No problem, come on." Grabbing the younger girl by her shoulder, Sunny drags her with her as they left the stage.

 

 

:::

 

 

Before they could continue their ride to the airport, Yoona asks Sunny to stop by her Aunt's restaurant. She just got the new box of cookies her Aunt made for them and returned to the car right away, enjoying the cookies while they're heading to the airport.

 

"Unnie this is actually my first time." Said Yoona couldn't hide her excitement.

 

"Riding on a plane?" Ask Sunny glancing at the doe-eyed.

 

"Yes. Never been able to go home my parents used to live." A pout formed on Yoona's face as she recalls her childhood. She had been bullied for being a foreigner but Yuri is the only one who protects her. It's sad how their friendship ended.

 

"If this will be your first time then this means, you have to prepare yourself getting nausea." commented Grandma Seo, flashing a brief smile to the doe-eyed at the back seat.

 

"You need a plastic bag then, Yoona." Sunny chuckles softly as she suggests.

 

"No, Dramamine well do. And you have to relax, okay, Yoong? That way you'll not experience it." said Grandma and didn't waste time to hand the pill on the doe-eyed from her small pouch. "Take that when we take off."

 

"T-thanks, Grandma." Yoona couldn't be more grateful. She's like the most innocent at the moment that she had no idea about it. But glad they explained it to her.

 

Sunny sighs as they pass the grand canal. She recalls the moments of Seohyun's vacation, which cause her to smile. "Will the spring this year going to be rainy again?" ask her softly to no one in particular.

 

"It depends... " mumbles Grandma Seo. She is smiling as well, reminiscing the memories she had with the canal. Mostly of her young days where she met her late husband.

 

"Grand Canal is really beautiful." says Yoona, looking outside as well. "Mom and I used to ride the boat a lot every time we lost Appa."

 

"Hmm? You guys are sneaky?" giggles Sunny. 

 

"Yes. Mom really liked it as much as I do. So we sometimes do it without telling Appa." Yoona could still vividly remember. It brings a serene smile on her face as she imagines herself riding on the boat with her mother. The feeling is great and it relaxes every muscle of her body.

 

"He would probably scold you two." chuckled Grandma softly. 

 

"Definitely, Grandma." And Yoona giggles. "Aigoo, I miss them." and she finds herself looking up to the sky. 'Omma, Appa, thank you for sending Seo Family for me. Even though I was okay being alone but I realize, it's better to have a family. And... I know you guys send them for me to realize as well to not give up on life. I love Omma, Appa I'll see you guys soon.' she thought and close the window as she composed herself in her seat.

 

-

 

"It's going to be a long flight, Yoona. Go to sleep first." Sunny told the younger when she realized the latter is wide awake, watching a movie on a small screen on her seat. "The moment we arrive there, we'll head straight to Seohyun's school."

 

"I'll finish this first, Unnie." replied Yoona, tilting her head to see Grandma on her seat is already fast asleep. She awkwardly smiled at Sunny before she returns her attention to her movie.

 

An hour and a half later, she finally comfortably leaned on her seat and cover her eyes first before and just fifteen minutes later, she fell asleep, with big smiles on her face later as her dream contains Seohyun again.

 

 

:::

 

10 hours later...

 

 

It's quite crowded but Yoona is fine with it as long as she's holding Sunny's hand, who isn't letting go of her as they walked out of the airport. She felt excited already as they get closer and closer to the exit. However, Grandma Seo suddenly asks to go to the comfort room so they have to accompany her there.

 

"Unnie, the airport is bigger than in Venice." commented Yoona while she and the older girl is waiting outside the comfort room. Her excitement is all over the place as she couldn't help and stares at people. She's happier to see the family having their reunion.

 

"I know right? The last time I was here was this place isn't yet modernized but it seems every president wants to show to the world how good the airport is aside from the country itself." said Sunny as she sighs in the process. But she didn't hear any response which made her looked at the doe-eyed only to see her smiling happily without paying attention. She tilts her head and noticed that there are families nearby, hugging, waving goodbye, laughing and there are some that are crying, especially the kids who are parting ways with their parents or siblings.

 

She returned to Yoona's face to sweetly smiling at her. 'She's probably seeing herself with them. How adorable.'

 

"Yoona." she called her softly, getting back her attention. "Give me your phone." ask her.

 

Complying, Yoona raises her eyebrows. "For what, Unnie?"

 

"Stand on the side, I will take a photo of you. Actually, we should do a lot of this later so you can go back to these when you miss Seoul." said Sunny as she opened the camera.

 

Yoona smiled as she stood awkwardly in front of Sunny. 

 

"Aigoo, you have yet taken a photo together with anyone indeed." laugh Sunny softly, amused at the doe-eyed but she finds it cute rather. She's just wearing her hoodie shirt, sneakers, and pants with not so pretty smile as her arms are hanging awkwardly. But she doesn't mind and took a couple of photos. "Do the v-sign." she instructed her later on, showing her two fingers.

 

Yoona complied but she innocently looked at her fingers before she returned her eyes to the camera.

 

Sunny took two more before she decided to return the phone to the owner.

 

"Why do I look..." Yoona isn't fond of it when she checks her photos.

 

"You're cute. It's okay. You'll get used to it soon." Giggles Sunny and couldn't help but pinch the deer's cheeks.

 

"What's going on?" Grandma finally went out and got curious about what's happening.

 

"Nothing Grandma, let's get going." Sunny replied as she ushered them to head out while pushing ln their cart of luggage.

 

Yoona sighs as she cutely sulks, walking behind the two.

 

-

 

"Her parents don't know we are coming do they?" Ask Yoona as it just crosses her mind.

 

Grandma Seo shakes her head. "They know. Only Seohyun doesn't. They want to see how will their daughter react too once she sees us." A wide smile plastered on her face as it excites her more. But she's also excited to see her daughter back. It's been years and she wanted to hold her in her arms again.

 

"I can already imagine." A big grin formed in Sunny's face briefly as she glanced at Grandma sitting next to her while Yoona's at the cab's passenger seat.

 

Yoona flashes a bright smile to them as she herself couldn't get more excited. But suddenly she can feel her heart beats fast. She put her hand over her chest where she can feel it. 'Am I nervous to see her?' She asks herself and sighs as she admits it. Her palms are also getting sweaty. 

 

"Just a couple of streets and we're there." Said Sunny teasing the youngest in the car on purpose.

 

Yoona sighs and bits her lower lip, her lips from the inside as she can still feel her nervous heartbeat. She feels like peeing but she doesn't want to tell them when they're already getting closer. As much as she wants to enjoy the ride, her mind keeps returning to the fact that she's finally meeting the young and inspiring pianist.

 

"Wait, can we stop by a flower shop?" Out of a sudden, Grandma requested to the driver.

 

Yoona got startled when she heard it and she quickly turned her head behind. "Why grandma?" 

 

"We can't go surprised her without flowers. Especially that she's one of the top 10." Explained Grandma as she chuckles lightly.

 

"I actually prepared a gift for her." Shyly shared Yoona turning her attention back to the road.

 

"Really? Wow, you are so sweet and thoughtful, Yoong. Seohyun will definitely love it. No, she will really really love your gift." Teases Sunny again loving to see the crimson cheeks of the doe-eyed.

 

"Thanks Unnie. I really hope so." Yoona couldn't help and sigh as her chest is now pounding so wild. She felt more anxious than being excited to see Seohyun.

 

 

Moments later, they arrived in Seohyun's school. Yoona who got a little hesitation decided to walk behind the Seos as she followed them with trembling legs and hands that were holding the bouquet. She doesn't know how will she exactly greet her after almost 8 months of not seeing others. Their face time isn't enough for her to feel confident.

 

Being an introvert since she got blind is really a problem at the moment but she keeps her pace the same as the Seos until they stopped, in front of the school's theatre where the graduation ceremony is taking place.

 

"They'll be out in fifteen minutes." said Sunny when she received a message from Mrs. Seo.

 

"Let's find someplace to stay in for the meantime." suggested Grandma as she wanders eyes around.

 

"I know there's a cafe nearby here." Sunny also helped the older and immediately spotted the place she's talking about. "There."

 

Yoona just followed silently as they moved to the cafe. She took her seat next to Sunny, still quiet while they take their orders.

 

"Yah, why aren't you saying anything, Yoona?" Grandma noticed and she chuckles to tell the doe-eyed.

 

"You're nervous, aren't you?" came Sunny's voice as she returned to their seats with their drinks and dessert.

 

"I'm not. I... I just don't know... what to say. The place is beautiful yet it's still a stranger for me." the youngest of them got an excuse to explain. But she shyly smiled taking the iced coffee from the tray. "T-thanks Unnie." she softly uttered, sipping on it casually.

 

Sunny and Grandma doesn't have anything to say as Yoona's words are correct either way. But they have to teasingly smile towards her while they sip on their own drinks as well.

 

"I still remember my high school years... how time flies." shares Sunny after a couple of minutes of silence, eyes are outside just like the other two, where they can see students passing through.

 

"Same. But lucky these kids have gadgets now that help their studies." commented Grandma couldn't help and also reminisce, back when she had to go to libraries just to get the answers for her homework and projects.

 

"I know right, Grandma?" chuckles Sunny softly. She glances at the doe-eyed only to notice she still looks anxious and not really sharing her thoughts. "Yoong, do you want me to finish your coffee?" she asks to tease again.

 

Yoona didn't even say a word and she sips on her drink without a doubt. 

 

"Aigoo... " Grandma smiled in amusement.

 

"What shall we do once she comes out, Unnie?" ask Yoona randomly which causes the two to look at her in surprise. "I mean... " she sighs, couldn't continue her words.

 

"You have to give the flowers and congrats her, of course." replied Sunny as she chuckles once again. "It'll be fine, don't worry." But she understands her situation so she comforts her by rubbing her back briefly.

 

"I'll record it with my phone." said Grandma as she took her phone from her pocket, smiling brightly at the two girls.

 

"You are really ready, Grandma. No wonder you were a scout leader back then." Sunny giggles which finally made Yoona smile.

 

"Omo, I think they're starting to leave." Grandma's attention hastily turned outside when she realized some parents are now leaving. "Come on."

 

Getting up, everyone left their seats holding their iced coffee while holding their flowers as well. They went to the front of the theater once again and look for the Seos. It took only a minute and they found Seohyun's parents, wearing big smiles when they saw her.

 

"Omma, it's been a while." said Mrs. Seo as she hugs her mother.

 

"Yeah, I miss you guys." replied Grandma, returning the hug. She couldn't help and get emotional. Sunny and Yoona from the side bowed to Mr. Seo as they watch the two get their reunion hugs.

 

"Seohyun will be out in a while." informed Mr. Seo, flashing a friendly smile to the two girls who thanked him. 

 

Pulling back from the hug, Mrs. Seo's attention shifted to the new girl immediately. "Is this the Im Yoona my daughter is talking about?"

 

"Y-Yes, Mrs. Seo." Yoona got flustered but she instantly stretched her hand out. "Im Yoona, Ma'am." and introduced herself as they hold hands briefly. She also introduced herself to Mr. Seo.

 

"My daughter had a lot of stories about you. I'm happy you were able to come. I hope you enjoy your stay here." sweetly said by Mrs. Seo, smiling friendly as she gives Yoona a brief pat on her shoulder.

 

Sunny couldn't help and pat Yoona too, earning a shy smile from the younger girl. "Stop being shy." She's really so adorable that she pinches her cheeks causing the rest to smile in amusement.

 

"Omma! Appa!" Just then, Seohyun's voice was heard. Everyone's attention went to her. Seohyun who is jogging towards them is wearing big smiles and bright eyes while she's wearing her high school toga and her certificate. She's waving her hand in the air while eyes are on her parents. 

 

Yoona's lips parted unconsciously as her eyes finally had the sight of the same girl she had been talking with via their phones. If she had seen her face in photos and it makes her really like a fool, seeing her in person is different, she's starstruck. 'She looks... so pretty.' she thought, feeling like some cupid captured her. Then her lips curved into a wide smile.

 

Seohyun finally reached them and hugs her parents tightly but she had to broke it when she realized the three figures behind. "Yoona?" And she gasps to see the doe-eyed standing there, staring at her. Her heart doubles its pace as she went to approach her first. "It's really you?" she exclaimed. The body is now trembling. She isn't really dreaming because of her body's reaction.

 

"Yes, S-Seohyun-chan." Yoona finally found her words to say, handing the flowers hesitantly. "Congratulations!" she greeted as her heart is really jumping in joy at the moment and cheeks are blushing. She felt insecure as eyes are on them apparently but she stands firm in her place, smiling back at Seohyun.

 

"Thanks, Yoona-chan." As Seohyun took the flowers, she couldn't look straight to her eyes anymore as her cheeks blush as well. She got quiet and so as the older girl.

 

"Eyes here!" called out Grandma Seo, holding her phone in both hands. The two girls turned their attention towards her and awkwardly smile as she captured them on her phone. "One more time." she announced. Mr. and Mrs. Seo are just watching in the side, adoringly.

 

Sunny went to their sides and took the iced coffee from Yoona's hand. Then she pushed her gently closer to Seohyun then step aside.

 

"Smile!" Grandma feels like a photographer and she asks them.

 

Seohyun and Yoona both smile as the camera sound indicates they've been captured. 

 

"The parents." quickly Sunny announced and Seohyun's parents complied as Yoona hesitantly stepped aside. 

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

"Perfect!" Grandma ended the photoshoot with wide and proud smiles to the Seo family, especially Seohyun who looks so gorgeously beautiful on her make-up.

 

Yoona sighs in relief silently on her side but eyes couldn't leave Seohyun's face, still in disbelief that she's seeing her in person. It's like staring at her favorite violinist. She doesn't want her eyes to look elsewhere but only for her.

 

However, her smile slowly drops when someone called her apple of the eye and the latter turned to meet halfway a boy, wearing all smiles as he congratulated her.

 

'Who is he?' came Yoona's question as they watch Seohyun converse with her happily. Her lips are pouting and she's unconsciously intensely staring at him.

 

"Omma, Appa, Grandma, Unnie and Yoona-chan, you guys go ahead first. We'll return to the admin office first. I'll see you guys later." brightly Seohyun said as she waves her hand leaving with Minhyuk in the process.

 

"I really like that kid too. He's Minhyuk, one of the top 10 students." Mr. Seo shares his thoughts loud enough for Grandma and Sunny to immediately check on Yoona's reaction.

 

Yoona was only wearing a puzzled look as she stares at them.

 

 

:::

 

[Seo's household]

 

 

"She likes me not, she likes me, she likes me not, she likes me... she likes... me not." groaned the doe-eyed frustratingly when the last petal of the flower didn't end well. She's at the backyard of the Seo's house, enjoying the fresh air and their garden. "Aish, what am I doing though?" she picked one of their flowers to do such silly games on her own.

 

Sighing, she decided to pick her violin on the side and put it on her shoulder. Closing her eyes, she started playing it imagining an orchestra accompanying her at the same time recalling the spring rain Seohyun spent with her. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun who just returned from school immediately looks for Yoona after greetings her Grandma and Sunny. They told her she's in the backyard and she hastily went straight there but just as she opens the backdoor, she was welcomed by a violin, causing a small smile to form on her lips. 

 

As she moves forward closer by closer, she could feel the doe-eyed is happy, with its relaxing, peaceful, and exciting sound. It brings goosebumps to her body. And the moment she reached her, she accidentally stepped on a small branch, creating a sound and stopping the latter from playing her violin.

 

"S-Seohyun-ah." Yoona widened her eyes and fell on her bum when she saw who's standing.

 

Quick, Seohyun helped her up and they took their seats on the bench. "You brought your violin with you." softly she said with a brief cute smile.

 

"Y-Yes." sighs Yoona as she looked at her violin. "It's my violin when I was in grade 8. I named this sherlock." she shared, finally to Seohyun.

 

"Sherlock?" Seohyun's eyebrows rising as she got curious about the reason behind it.

 

Staring back at her, Yoona nodded and smiled back. "You know my parents love that detective. I got influenced too and I decided to name this. Gladly it was still there, at the storage room in the theater. Yuri hid it there when I started becoming a cleaner." 

 

"I think this is the only good thing Yuri did." chuckled Seohyun softly. "But this has a lot of memories, not surprising she didn't throw it away."

 

"Right." Yoona couldn't agree more.

 

"By the way, I'm happy to see you back, Yoona." a soft utter by Seohyun as she finally got the chance to tell the doe-eyed. 

 

Yoona didn't expect it and stares back at her. "I'm happier." softly she replied, smiling genuinely. "I mean finally in person. You are... prettier in person." she added, unconsciously admiring the beauty in front of her. Her heart flutters and she couldn't look away anymore. She now fully understand how she likes her... and she's in love with her. "Who is Minhyuk?" however she unconsciously asks, curious as to what kind of a person the boy is.

 

Seohyun didn't expect the question that really brought her to reality. She spaces out staring at Yoona earlier. "Why... why do you ask? And how'd you know it's his name?" chuckled her amusingly. 

 

"Your father." softly Yoona replied as she looked straight. "He likes... him." 

 

"Oh, that's because Minhyuk and his family are my parents are friends. Yeah, we're friends too. He's good." shares Seohyun as she smiles brightly.

 

"You like him?" Yoona unconsciously asks as she looks back at the young girl next to her. She bit her lower lip as she realized what she just did but she waits for her to answer, especially that it flustered her. Her heart is once again nervously beating.

 

It took at least a minute and five seconds before Seohyun finds her voice. "He's a friend. He's a good friend." and smile in assurance.

 

Yoona nodded as she turned her attention to the garden before them. She smiled giddily as she slowly realized what Seohyun is telling her, bringing her confidence back.

 

Seohyun is also smiling giddily but she giggles, glancing at Yoona and finds her cheeks are blushing like the way her cheeks are also. She wanted to tell her more but Sunny suddenly called them. 

 

"Yah you guys! Come help us prepare for the barbecue party later." 

 

"Yes, Unnie!" responded Yoona and Seohyun in unison, causing them to look at each other and laugh together. They casually got up and return inside right away.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Seohyun's going to Dongguk, taking the business management." announced Mrs. Seo th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter