Kwon Yuri

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 5 | Kwon Yuri

 

 

***

 

 

"Yoona, are you awake?" Ask Seohyun softly upon arriving back on her room. The doe-eyed is still lying on the bed with her eyes close. She proceeds to place the food of tray her grandma cooked to the coffee table and approached her on the bed.

 

"I am." Yoona finally open her eyes and a small smile formed in her lips. "Did you..." She pauses because she can smell something pleasant that's causing her stomach to growl.

 

Seohyun giggles upon hearing it. "Yes. Grandma cooked for you. Do you want to eat now?"

 

"Yes." Getting up, Yoona took her stick from the side as she follows the smell. She can feel Seohyun is next to her without saying anything until she stopped when something hit her.

 

"Omo, that's the sofa. I'm sorry." Seohyun was enjoying watching her face that she spaces out. She gently holds her hand and guided her to seat. She took the spoon and give it to her. "It's a ham and cheese and bread on the side. Enjoy your meal." She brightly told her.

 

"Thank you, Seohyun." Yoona gleamed as she began to eat her breakfast.

 

"Um, I haven't mentioned, the doctor my cousin has contacted will be here later to check on you. So, you are going to skipped your work. I'm not going to the theater as well." Seohyun couldn't wait a second and she delivered the news to the doe-eyed.

 

"But tomorrow is the Showtime already." Yoona responded, totally surprised to hear it. She thought she's going back to her work immediately after the breakfast.

 

"I told Yuri that I have practiced my part well. No worries about it." Said Seohyun in assurance.

 

"She agreed?" Yoona raised her eyebrows.

 

"Yes." Seohyun just simply replied.

 

"Wow, most of the time she will nag you and pressure someone who want to skip a practice. But... She just allowed you?"

 

"I guess she has already saw my skills though." Seohyun chuckled in a playful way. "But really, we have practiced a lot last night, I am confident now that I will not make any mistake tomorrow."

 

Yoona smiled. She loved what she heard. "I'm excited to hear tomorrow then." She then resumed on her meal oblivious as to how the younger girl is staring at her. Seohyun is mesmerized watching her every movements like she's some actress or important person not missed. "Wae?" But Yoona definitely realized she got quiet.

 

"So, you agreed to not going to work right?"

 

"I would like to decline because Yuri might scold me again but I am curious as to why my pills are not working anymore as well. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with me."

 

Seohyun's heart ache after hearing the words from the doe-eyed. 'If only we can tell her.' But she couldn't risk her health. She might be stressed and her eyes will be difficult to cure.

 

"Yes. The doctor will definitely tell you what's wrong." She sighs. "He will also prescribe you with a new pill. I can't wait for the day you can finally see the things you missed. You can do it. Fighting!" She cheers on her.

 

Yoona giggles upon hearing the bright response. It also lights up her mood even though she's a bit afraid of what will the doctor tells her. But whatever it is, she's ready to hear it.

 

“Yoona-chan.” Seohyun calls out the doe-eyed’s name softly.

 

“Hmm?” Yoona turned her head on her left but only to feel something pressed on her cheek. Before she could react, she heard her leaving the room followed by the door closing. She was flustered and realized her heart is beating fast. She slowly touched her left cheek as she also realized it was her lips that pressed there. It gives her buttercups under her stomach and her lips curved into an idiotic smile. ‘Did she kiss me?’ she thought, still in disbelief.

 

Meanwhile, outside, Seohyun is pacing back and forth in front of her door, couldn’t still believe she did it to the doe-eyed. “What did I do?” She cupped her cheeks as it burns tremendously. She keeps tapping her cheeks to calm it down but it won’t. She got frustrated and ruffles her hair.

 

“Yah, Joohyun, what’s up with you?” Sunny asked in confusion and at the same time she finds it funny.

 

“Unnie, I think… I think I’m really… having crush on her.” Seohyun whispered to admit it to her own cousin. “Otoke?”

 

Sunny chuckled. “I knew it. Just let it be. Remember, you’re leaving in three days. Don’t give her hope about your feelings if she-“

 

“Yah, it’s just a crush.” Seohyun interrupted before she could hear words about ‘love’. She knows how it works base on her parents’ experienced.

 

“Oh yeah, it’s different from love. But who knows it would lead to love?”

 

“No. I don’t think so. I don’t know how does that work. I just really admire Yoona, that’s it.” Without waiting for her cousin’s response, Seohyun hastily went downstairs, leaving her dumbfounded.

 

Sunny was about to follow her and more but she decided to walked inside the room and found Yoona is silently wiping her lips with a table napkin. She smiled, watching her finishing her breakfast.

 

“Someone’s there. Seohyun?” Yoona realized there’s a presence next to her or standing nearby.

 

“You could really sense well, huh? It’s Sunny not her.” Sunny chuckled. She approached her and took her seat next to her.

 

“What can I help you?” Yoona asks as she gently put her utensils down.

 

Sunny hastily took the glass of water and gently place it in between the doe-eyed girl’s hands.

 

“Thank you.” Yoona says as she the opposite side to drink her water. She then put the glass back on the coffee table.

 

“Yoona, I am curious. What’s your relationship with Yuri before she got her position now?” Sunny asks not planning to prolong her stay. “Trust me, I won’t share this to anyone if you tell me truthfully.” And she assures her.

 

“She’s a good friend… back then. We got friends through our parents who are also friends.” Yoona confessed. She decided to share after Sunny's words. “We go the same school and play violin together back then. We always like to watch football, play it also and study at the same time in a library. Even though she's older, we got along so much. We’re really like inseparable. But ever since I got orphaned and had nothing left in me. She changed. It was like she doesn’t like me anymore and stopped talking to me. I don't know why but she started working in the theater where my mother plays. I was just surprised that she got the position without the Director telling me.”

 

Sunny nodded upon hearing it. "The Director probably know her."

 

"It could be." Yoona replied softly. "But... " she pauses and sigh. "She has never changed. She's still like bad to me even though I owe her for providing me the pills."

 

"Wait, so you mentioned she plays the violin too, right?" Sunny asked again even though she has heard it.

 

"She does."

 

"Now this make sense."

 

"Wae?" Yoona felt strange with the older girl's response.

 

"Nothing. Um, should I guide you to the shower room so you can freshen up?" Sunny asked first since the latter doesn't memorized the room.

 

"Yes, please." Yoona nodded to confirm.

 

"Okay, then." Getting up and taking her hand, Sunny guided the younger girl to the shower room and she also made sure to introduced what's inside there so she won't be surprised. "My cousin did not do this last night, did she?"

 

"I did not shower, I just changed into my pajama." Yoona honestly shared.

 

"That idiot I told her to bring you to the shower room. But anyway, enjoy your shower, Yoona. I will prepare your clothes also." Sunny promised before she gently closes the door and quickly, she did as what she told her but she took h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter