Report

Spring Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 6 | Report

 

 

***

 

 

"Unnie pali!!!" Seohyun's squeal can be heard in each corner of the house once she finished her breakfast and her grandma did her little make-up.

 

"Wait for a while." Came Sunny's shout from upstairs.

 

Yoona who is sitting on the sofa giggles. It's like the two are playing in her imagination.

 

"I told her to get ready last night." Seohyun pouted cutely, crossing her arms near her chest as she took her seat next to Yoona.

 

"She got busy for a while last night, let's just be understanding." Grandma Seo softly said. She can see how excited her granddaughter is that it amuses her to see her sulking.

 

"How many minutes left do we have to get there?" Ask Yoona, she herself is excited. She wanted to experience that feeling of being an audience for the first time since she has never been allowed to be in a show.

 

"Two hours and a half." Grandma Seo replied on behalf of her daughter. "So, there's no need to hurry." She chuckled softly.

 

"But I still have to be with the others for final practice, grandma." Seohyun reasoned to defend herself.

 

"It's okay, Seohyun-chan. You have practiced a lot already. You can be late." reassured Yoona even though she's not sure if she won't be scolded by Yuri.

 

"Thanks, Yoona." Seohyun blushes.

 

"Are you excited as much Seohyun here, Yoona?" came Grandma Seo's playful question earning a wide eye from her grandchild.

 

Yoona nodded as she giggles. "I can imagine it already; she will be brought everyone on their feet." Her smile is shining before the Seo's that they're quiet and admire it for a while.

 

"You... just give me pressure." Seohyun can't help and mention as it anxious her.

 

"Omo, please don't. Just enjoy the show. If you don't, you will mess it up." Advice Yoona, feeling a little bad right away but she hopes she doesn't pressure her literally.

 

Grandma Seo chuckled lightly. "Seohyun here is actually a talented pianist but she rarely shows it to everyone because of her parents. Aigoo, I'm happy you get to do this here, Hyun." she flashes her with a sweet yet warm smile.

 

"Thank you, grandma." Seohyun smiled back, reaching for her hand and give it a gentle hold. She didn't regret spending her spring break in her grandma's place.

 

"How about going to the restaurant after your performance?" Grandma Seo suddenly feels like celebrating.

 

"I actually want to ask that too, Grandma." Seohyun giggles. "You beat me."

 

"Alright, I'm booking us." Grandma Seo took her phone from her bag and opened an app that will take her booking in a restaurant.

"As much as I wanted to join, I think it's better if I give you guys all the night without me. I also want to return to my apartment to pack my stuffs." Said Yoona softly. She's thinking she will burden them only if she joins them. And tomorrow is the surgery either way, she needs to prepare.

 

"Yah, I don't think we will just let you do that." Seohyun declined firmly. It saddens her immediately when she heard it. "You're coming with us. We'll grab your stuffs in your apartment after the dinner. Please don't think you're a burden... because you're not."

 

"Seohyun is right, Yoona. There's no way you’re going home. You may tonight but not without us. And Seohyun is going back to Seoul tomorrow, don't you ever miss today. It's your last chance to be with her."

 

Yoona unconsciously smile. "Indeed." And she's convinced to stay with them. "I'll try my best not to be a burden then." She chuckled softly.

 

Seohyun flicked the doe-eyed's forehead. "Don't think of that. We are friends and you are never a burden."

 

"Done." Grandma Seo announced after she received a confirmation that she successfully booked them a table in a restaurant.

 

"I'm done as well." Sunny said loudly while walking downstairs.

 

"Aish." Seohyun sent her cousin a brief glare. She gently then took Yoona's hand and gently pulled her up to stand. "We're going out now, Yoona-chan." She said and guided her out as her cousin and grandma are following behind them.

 

"Is it still raining?" Ask Yoona once she was greeted by the cold air brushing her skin that sent her chills.

 

"Yeah, a little." Whispered Seohyun. She doesn't need to tell her when she stepped inside the car and she followed suit.

 

"Buckle up!" Sunny announced playfully as she reclined the driver's seat.

 

Yoona was about to do it herself when she felt someone grabs it for her which she thinks is Seohyun. "Thanks." She smiled genuinely.

"No problem." Seohyun softly says and smile admirably to the doe-eyed.

 

Sunny saw it and just smile giddily as she the engine and drives off carefully.

 

 

:::

 

 

After a long drive, they arrived at their destination. Sunny, Yoona and Grandma went straight to the audience's seat while Seohyun headed to the backstage for last rehearsal. Good thing Yuri didn't notice she was late as they started when she arrived and it wasn't her turn yet. She's on her piano bench, watching and listening to the other musician, doing their last rehearsal one by one until it was her turn. All eyes were on her as she confidently started playing the piano, which only lasted for a minute as Yuri told her to make it short. After that she took a seat in front of the mirror as a hairstylist started styling her hair. Everyone is doing the same, as they have an hour left to prepare.

 

-

 

"Unnie, is the theater full?" Yoona ask softly after a while of silence when they settle down.

 

"It's almost full. But it seems there are still entering." said Sunny. "Your parents must be proud right now... to see you sitting here." she flashes her a bright smile.

 

Yoona smile a little. "I hope so." She felt nervous inside to be honest.

 

"They're Yoona. They love you more than anyone." Whispers Grandma Seo, sitting on Yoona's left on the other hand.

 

"Thank you, Grandma." Yoona is flatter to hear it. It's making her feel love out of a sudden.

 

"They're turning off the lights now." Sunny informs, handing Yoona the popcorn. "Let's enjoy the show." she added, smiling excitedly to the doe-eyed who just smile on her own too.

 

"Which gap is her solo performance?" ask Grandma Seo, checking the program on her hand.

 

"According to this, she's the 9th performer after violinist... Yuri." Sunny slightly widened her eyes. "Wow, so she really has her part besides being in the group and the conductor?"

 

"She's a good violinist, Sunny-ssi. No doubt." Yoona isn't surprised at all.

 

'Well then, this is her last performance.' Sunny thought, glancing to her wrist watch. She told the police to arrest Yuri later after the show which is on time the show ends.

 

"Oh, here it is." Grandma felt goosebumps the moment the curtains opened a little.

 

"Yuri's going to be the emcee too?" Sunny chuckled in disbelief but she immediately closes when the latter began to speak in front of them.

 

Yoona raises her eyebrows, as she could only imagine while she's listening to Yuri's voice.

 

"It's Showtime!" Yuri announced and the curtains parted, which shows everyone from the stage on their respective seats with their instruments. She walks to the mini stage and took her baton then began the show.

 

Seohyun sitting on her piano took a glance to Yoona and her cousin's seat, unconsciously smiled so big when she saw Sunny wave her hand at her. But her attention immediately returned to the piano as she started playing it along with everyone.

 

Yoona couldn't help and smile when she started hearing the piano and she knows it's Seohyun, playing it. She flutters and unconsciusly started reminiscing previous days she spent with her. Having been living alone since her parents died had been so depressing for her. Meeting Seohyun is truly something special for her. It's as if her parents knew her struggles and they sent someone to be her light. She truly could tell how she change her everyday, by just hearing her voice, holding her hand and sensing her presence. Her heart is in joy to have known Seohyun... as well as her family. She felt a little sad however that it's her last day. Hope one day she can see her back with the surgery on schedule. But when will could that be? It's frustrating because she wanted to see her before she even leaves. She could only wish for the impossible while her tears are dropping from her eyes. Soon, she began to hear violin's sound as well which took her by surprise and adds to the goosebumps she's experiencing.

 

"My grandchild is like a Goddess." Grandma Seo softly whispers while she's enjoying the show and admiring her own granddaughter.

 

"And she really plays well." Sunny added softly. She took her phone out and took a picture of her. "If only her parents support what she likes."

 

"Yeah... " Yoona unconsciously replied to Sunny's words.

 

"But if she's just brave enough, she can do it, undoubtedly." Grandma Seo confidently says.

 

Yoona's lips curved into a tiny yet genuine smile as she finds it adorable, listening to them.

 

 

:::

 

 

After Seohyun was being introduced as a new pianist of the theater, Yoona hold her breath and the arm's rest, as she waits patiently for the music to start. Sunny and Grandma Seo next to her are all quiet as well.

 

"She wears a pink dress and her hair is curly." Sunny surprised the doe-eyed when she describes what her cousin is wearing. "She has pointy nose, puffy cheeks, fine lips and her eyes are lovely like cinderella's. Her brows are thin on the other hand." She added to complete her description.

 

Yoona smile silently. She felt as if Sunny wanted her to imagine how Seouhyun looks like. It actually helps as she ends up how does her cousin looks like.

As soon as Seohyun started playing, most in audience are closing their eyes as they enjoy the smooth sound and enjoyable music from the piano. It's like it's talking to their hearts, they're smiling they're moving their heads gently.

 

"She's doing it well." Says Yoona softly feeling proud of the younger girl. She feels like the audience is enjoying it as much as she's enjoying it. And it's definitely an honor for her to be one of the audiences who gets the chance to listen to her music. Something's tells her Seohyun will go places if she continues her hobby. If ever, she'll go international.

Grandma Seo who is the same as others cannot help and admire Yoona while she's watching her next to her. She's like watching her young age, in love with music. She however hopes Yoona gets what she deserves later. Coz she's still too young to be in her situation. But she admires her positivity.

 

In the middle of playing the piano, Seohyun tilts her head to the audience and realize everyone especially Yoona is enjoying it. It makes her heart flutter and lips smile so big. She casually returned her attention to the piano keys as she closed her eyes and pour her heart to every note she's pressing, sending comfort and love to everyone listening to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter