Of Alphas, Omegas and The Betas in Between.

Wolves

 

+

Jungkook would love to lie.

He would just love to lie and tell you that Taehyung was such a great friend, and that he helped soothe his inability to sleep, that he was an angel in disguise and that he told tales about the sky and the universes beyond to lure him to sleep. He would love to lie and say that Taehyung sang to him, and spared his angelic voice for him, so he can help him.

“ – What do you think happens when you get scared half to death twice?”

Instead, you have to deal with the reality that Tae was ty best friend, and just as Jungkook was about to fall asleep, just as he felt his orientation wonder away, did Taehyung ask another question that Jungkook believed ‘stupid’ was an understatement for their idiocy. Jungkook sighed as his hand dangled from the bed, searching the floor blindly and finally finding his slipper under his hand, grabbing it, he mercilessly let it hit Tae’s side. He yelped, falling off the bed.

“If I hear you make another sound I will throw you out the ing window.” Jungkook said, his voice hoarse and his mood sour. He had a meeting with his father in the morning, .

“You’re literally so mean.” Taehyung said, fake crying. “Like you’re the mean-er than the meanest, like you are the human embodiment of the mean –“

When the other slipper hit his face, Taehyung yelped again loudly, still on the floor. Jungkook sat up, swinging away the covers and his legs of the bed, he got up, walking to the balcony as Taehyung continued calling him different variants of the word evil. He grabbed the lighter and cigarettes pack – which was Taehyung’s, that rested on the television counter as he roughly slid the door open. The sun was shinning, creeping out of the corner of the sky, it was around six or five, Jungkook really didn’t care.

Tae followed shortly, feeling like Jungkook had too much burdens on his shoulders as he stood there, leaning against the railing, letting cancerous smoke slip past his lips, watching the smoke blend with air.

“What’s wrong?” Tae asked, hopping to sit on the railing, to which Jungkook eyed him, warning him to be careful. But no matter how many times, Jungkook warned him, Taehyung was never careful.

“I’m worried.” Jungkook spoke, as Taehyung lit a cigarette for himself too. Unlike Jungkook, who smoked to have something to burn for his stress, Taehyung burned cigarette out of enjoyment, he enjoyed the smoke, he liked it, he liked its scent and how he would bathe in the smoke, as it reminded him of a home he never had. Plus, it made him look cool.

“ – You’re scared.” Taehyung said, correcting him though he earned a glare from the Park heir. “Don’t look at me like that, you have every right to be.”

“Fear is useless.” Jungkook said, not arguing just stating so.

“Fear is human.” Taehyung said once again, corrected him, blowing smoke in the air.

“It leads to bad decisions.” Jungkook countered, sighing. He spoke the words out of experience, he knew how fear affected fear, because it either turned people into monsters, as they become the manifestation of their fears, or they become fearful, and the fear turns to adoration, and suddenly what they are most afraid of becomes what they wish to have.

“It’s part of us.” Taehyung threw back. “No one is fearless. We all have something to have nightmares about. Nice dreams won’t exist if the bad ones don’t.”

See, this is why they were friends, Taehyung is clingy, hyperactive, and some would describe as psychotic, but every once and a while Taehyung would blurt out things, nice, poetic things that could be describes as… inspirational.

“But I don’t have nice dreams, why is it that I am the only one who sees nightmares every time I close my eyes?” Jungkook said, it was something between a complaint and a whine. Jungkook sounded really tired and suddenly Taehyung felt tired that he kept his friend up just because he ed up his own sleep schedule.

“Nice dreams come and go.” He comforted, he seemed to believe the words he uttered.

He let the sentence sink in as he finished his cigarette, and flicked it away, and it fell from the balcony, Jungkook watched as it hit the ground. That could’ve been him. If Phoenix didn’t need him that much he could’ve just pushed him down the balcony, it might not be deadly, but it would injure him gravely. He knew his father was punishing him, after all, he knew that chocking him isn’t enough of a show of power, he had to make sure his massage is so clear, so bright that it blinds his eyes.

Taehyung dramatically grabbed his shoulder after he finished his own cigarette, looking him in the eyes, “Trust the process, Jungkook.” He said seriously and Jungkook knew that as much as he acted like it was a joke, he said it like he meant it.

But trusting the process meant trusting his father, and that… that wasn’t an option.

“I’ll race you to the kitchen, loser makes coffee!” Taehyung said, before hurriedly running to the door. Jungkook wanted to remind him that they had maids for that, and that he might encounter men with guns, but Jungkook just smiled, walking to where Taehyung left.

When he arrived though, there stood Taehyung showing his father something on his phone, smiling widely. Phoenix smiled along, it was as if he was amused or perhaps… endeared by him. His father sat on a stool, while Tae showed him whatever he was, standing next to him. “This one is my favorite,”

“Good morning.” Jungkook greeted to get their attention. They both looked up and his father greeted him.

“Kook, Mr. Park likes my pictures.” He said excitedly and Jungkook muttered something inaudibly under his breath, jumping on a stool.

The pictures Taehyung showed his father was his. Taehyung had brought his camera along, insisting that he captures Jungkook with his fresh tattoo under the full moon. For him to literally be a wolf, Taehyung had phrased it. Taehyung was insanely talented, and he knows it.

The picture they looked at was a torso shot – if that was a thing, with Jungkook looking sideways, exposing his neck, showing off his tattoo, his head slightly raised, veins in his neck prominent as the full silver moon that shined in the sky. It was taken in the exact same balcony that they were just smoking in, with Jungkook’s back turned towards the moon, his black hair falling gracefully on his forehead, it was a beautiful shot, it really was, really beautiful. But dear God, does he have to show it to him?

“Can I post it?” he heard Taehyung ask his father for permission while he quietly sipped his coffee that was given to him by the maid.

“Post it where?” Phoenix asked.

“He has this page –“ Jungkook began but his friend cut him off.

“I have eight million followers.” He said proudly – and loudly, “And counting!”

Phoenix missed a beat, calculating the move. “Sure.” He settled.

“Thank you, Mr. Park!” Taehyung said, his lips spread into a full rectangular grin and Phoenix smiled in what could be amusement or perhaps adoration.

“The board meeting is at nine, Jungkook.” His father reminded as he got up, closing his laptop, and carrying it. Baekhyun had come to tell his father that the car was ready and it was time to go. “Be ready by then.”

It was still like seven and Jungkook nodded at his father. But as soon as his father was out of sight, did Jungkook turn sharply to his friend, “What in the actual world, Tae?” Jungkook said, fuming. “Didn’t I tell you to stay clear of him? After everything I told you about him –“

“Oh, chillax, Jungkookie,” Taehyung said, pouring himself though a maid offered to. “You want me to be good with everyone except him? If I act scared around him, it means that you talked about him behind his back.”

Jungkook… didn’t think of it this way.

“Do you want daddy to know you talk about him?” Taehyung asked, titling his head, pouring an unhealthy amount of sugar into his coffee. “Specially when daddy has a gun?” Frowning, Jungkook remained quiet. “Didn’t think so.” Taehyung said, sipping his coffee.

Jungkook could lie and tell you that he wasn’t impressed, but he most definitely was.

+

Is she smiling? Yes. Is she hearing his words? Yes.

But does she care? No. Not really.

Myungsoo was awfully handsome, which made everything even more sickening. Sharp jaw, straight nose, cat like eyes, and the softest lips. Rosé observed his features more often than she would like to confess. She tried to drown in them, because she tries to convince herself that falling for him would be easy, why won’t any girl fall for such a handsome man?

Settle, she told her stubborn self. Settle for this man, who adores your features, and worships your body, he was handsome, he would give her a great title. She would belong to the Kim empire and that itself meant protection. Safety. But he wasn’t kind, nor was he careful with her, nor did he let her speak more than a sentence since they sat down to have lunch like they do every Sunday.

Two years, it’s been two years, since they’ve been engaged. The ring on her finger (that she only wore on this particular day of the week), was a proof of so.

They’ve had their ups and downs, like any relationship, but they weren’t like all couples. Their ups consisted of times like this when Rosé is too tired to make a comment (that wouldn’t be appreciated by her dear fiancé) and their downs consisted of Rosé making another move to piss him off, whether its blackmail or other things. It usually ended in bruises and blood.

But even if they had just had a fight, (a huge one, with her wrist bruised form when he grabbed it in the argument), he would still send his driver to her house, to her to a restaurant in the middle of Gangnam to have lunch. Like every Sunday.

Settle, she reminded her self again, settle for him, he is opportunity and he offers certain freedom. But not unlimited freedom, as he would still control her just as her parents did, no, Rosé needed a way out.

To settle, or to find a way out?

Is there even a way out? She would ask herself, is there any way should could be rid of the ring that represented shackles around her hands and her feet. Yoona told her that there many ways, she was just too dumb to think of them. Rosé mentally rolled her eyes at her mentor’s words.

The man in front of her had quieted down, and she frowned as she fixed her gaze on him, actually focusing her eyes and mind this time, “Myungsoo?”

The said man smiled with his head down, looking at his food, “You’re not listening, are you?” He said, supposedly he seemed to be sad. Disappointed and frustrated.

“No, of course I was.” She denied quickly, “You were saying something about your little brother?”

“That was like half an hour ago.” He said, looking up, the same sad smile tugging at his soft lips.

Rosé sighed, see, she tries, she is here, to have lunch with him, even though she would rather be anywhere else, and he is lingering on the fact that she isn’t paying attention to his monologue. “Sorry.” She said, but she didn’t mean it. But even though she isn’t sorry, she will apologize. Because it was expected of her.

“I’m not feeling well.” He suddenly said. “Let me drive you home.”

+

She can still feel his hand on hers.

Disturbingly so, even as she sat in the wide balcony, the cold air blowing her hair in every direction, relaxed and on her own, like she always preferred to be. She has taken a shower, a bath actually to calm her nerves and relax her tense muscles.

He drove her home, like he promised. They both sat in the backseat of his luxurious car that she couldn’t care enough to know its breed, it was expensive, was all she knew. They both sat at far ends of the car seats, they both watched the tall buildings from their view of the car window, each in their little world.

Rosé was wondering when she will finally get home, so she could escape the intoxicating smell of cologne that Myungsoo. Musk, she guessed, musk and something else, but she couldn’t quite put her hands on it. Cigars, perhaps? Alcohol? It was a mystery that she tried to solve on their way.

But then he spoke, the usual lines, that she has heard. Something along the lines that its been two years and she should start being a little more attentive. Obedient, he had once phrased it but this time he used another word; Accepting.

He said he should just accept the situation, and all we be easy from there.
Rosé should’ve answered, and told him that she didn’t want to accept, and even if she plays the role, she is never charmer by him. Why? Rosé didn’t know.

He was kind enough, as kind as the men she knew could be. But along the way, as she grew up, starting talking back more and more, now her words not cliché and empty, that could be dismissed by him, but instead, her words become harsh, elegant and chic, but cruel and sharp.

Unfairness does that to you. It makes you cold, for the core to the tip of your tongue. But that’s not the only reason why Rosé became cold, she became who she is now, because she wanted to be. She wanted to be harsh enough for him to second guess his words before they slip past his lips.

He observed her silence, and how she hadn’t looked away from the window, still trying to figure out what scent tainted the cologne he wore. He then quietly moved his hand to lay it on hers, who had been resting peacefully on her lap. His had brushed against her thigh and she pondered if she just dig her claws into her hand until it bleeds, but he wasn’t holding tightly, or inflicting pain, he just rested it on her hand, then started drawing circles on her skin softly.

Something about the gentleness of his act, made her sick to her stomach.

God, Rosé hated him.

“Rosy?” A voice called, male, gruff, but the softness laced with the syllables were clear and she gulped, blinking, pulling herself out of her trance.

“I’m in here.” She said, loud enough for the boy that entered the balcony to hear. His hair blonde and his form skinny, wearing an all black outfit, gripping the phone in his hand tightly.

“Did something happen?” Yoongi asked, eying her to see if she’s hurt. “Are you hurt?” He walked forward, without warning grabbing her wrists softly, he checked them, for injuries or blood. He always did, she saw him do it casually, glance at her wrists occasionally to make sure she wasn’t scarring herself. Taking care of her was a habit for him, and a hobby that he enjoyed.

“I’m fine…” She spoke, physically speaking, she wasn’t lying but emotionally she was not. Myungsoo didn’t say anything offensive, he didn’t even touch her, but why does she feel ty, why is her chest heavy and her thoughts loud?

He let go, sighing, “You can’t send me massages like this when nothing is wrong.” He said, he wasn’t angry at her, he was angry about how much he cared, as soon as he saw the massage with nothing a sentence; Something happened, can I see you? And Suga left all things and sprinted to his car, and he didn’t stop racing in the streets till he reached her parking lot. There wasn’t any emergency mentioned, she was fne as far as he was concerned, but as soon as she called, he immediately came running.

Like a dog to its master, and he hated himself for it.

She was quiet, and he glanced at the table beside her that had a glass of unfinished whiskey and next to it was a ring, diamond, pillow cut, and it looked as beautiful as it was dreadful. Then it dawned Yoongi, today is a Sunday.

“i…” She said, voice merely above a whisper. “I didn’t have anyone else to call.”

Suddenly, Yoongi felt guilty that he made her feel like she was a burden. “It’s okay, Rosy.” He said, comforting her as she pulled her knees more to her chest. “I was just worried.”

“Its fine, I know I don’t have the right to text you.” She said and it broke his heart. Because Yoongi has spent hours staring at his phone, waiting for her name to come up on his screen.

“What happened?”

“It’s… stupid. Nothing even happened.” She said, chuckling humorlessly, drowning in self pity.

He crouched down, looking her in the eyes, “What happened, Rosy?” He repeated, resting his hands on her knees and she noted how she didn’t feel as exposed when Yoongi touched her, like when Myungsoo did. But then again, she couldn’t ever compare them. Myungsoo can’t compete with Yoongi.

“He held my hand….” She said, saying it out loud, it made her feel so stupid and thoughtless. “… And I almost threw up in the car.” She continued, avoiding eye contact with Yoongi.

“Did he hurt you?” The aggression was well hidden, but it burned in his eyes.

She went quiet, “He – He disgusts me.”

He had always disgusted her, from when he held her hand this time, or when he once sneaked his hand to rest on her thigh under the table in the middle of a ‘family reunion’ and Rosé wanted to push away her plate, because she was suddenly feeling sick to her stomach.

Yoongi stared at her until she stood up and pulled him along. She softly wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. He responded by wrapping his arms around her, shielding her from the world, but Rosé let go before he got enough of her scent.

She grabbed her drink form the table, walking towards the railing, leaning on it. “How’s work?”

Of course, he smiled sadly, with Rosé it was two seconds of weakness and then it was business as usual.

“I got a really good offer.” He said, walking to stand with her.

“From Phoenix?” She asked, she probably already knew he was called to his office. It was her job to know after all, and Rosé was damn good at it.

“Yeah..” He said and when she asked what the offer was, he answered, “Council to his oldest, first chair.”

He confessed the offer as if she didn’t trade in information. She was always easy to confess things to, his wildest secrets never phased her.

“That’s good.” She said, and he knew that it was a hell of a deal. “You should take it.”

“He’s new, he probably doesn’t even know anything about business.” He said, “I am not a babysitter.”

“No, you’re not.” She said, “You’re in a position of power, if he doesn’t know anything, then you can shape him into what you want.” She said, and he tried hard not to smirk, this is why they’ve always gotten along so well, despite everything, Rosé had always thought like him.

“But I don’t think Phoenix would put me in this position if he knew his son was incompetent.” He said. Trading theories and words back and forth with her have always made things clearer. “If he thinks his son can be manipulated then he wouldn’t put me as his council.”

“Either way, you have Neugdae Pa support and protection.” She said, taking a sip of her whiskey. “Plus, being Jungkook’s council means a title. You would be untouchable.”

Untouchable.

“But I would just be his little pet, following him around everywhere.”

“Whether or not you become an obedient pet, is up to you,” She said, as she walked towards the table, she grabbed the diamond rig that sat there, unworn. “Plus, you were never a leader to begin with.”

Rosé was never one to sugarcoat things and he respected that. She suddenly put her arm back and swung it, throwing the ring out of sight, out of reach violently. After she threw it away, she turned to Yoongi, with a straight face.

“Oops.” She shrugged.

+

Namjoon was ruthless.

And when Jimin says ruthless, he means ing ruthless.

Let him provide an example: The problematic incident that happened roughly a year ago when Namjoon and his equal from another province had some sort of rivalry going on, as Howon wanted more territory and tried his best to push Namjoon into sidelines. But little did he know, Namjoon wasn’t one to be sidelined.

There was a meeting, in which Jimin attended, as merely a witness, nothing more as he is nothing more than a runner, but Namjoon – like Phoenix rewarded loyalty, so he was allowed to attend, standing behind his right hand man who went by the name Jay – who was tall, rough but distinct features, straight nose, hooded eyes and wide shoulders that swung back and forth in rhythm of his steps. He walked like he was marching to war.

They were supposed to discuss any sort of issues that may have come up since their last meeting. Issues were mostly easy to get through but the meeting’s purpose weren’t the issues discussed but their presence. There were six chairs, to present six generals that held the most of Neugdae territory, each chair was occupied by a higher up, with their right hands, and councils standing behind them.

Namjoon sat through the bull meeting, when he was insulted two times – blatantly by Howon. Jimin considered it idiotic. Any man with a head on his shoulder would watch his words carefully around Namjoon. Besides his chilling gaze, and superior aura, Namjoon also held some sort of silent violence in his eyes, and the way his muscles moved.

Jimin saw how – after the man had stopped talking, Namjoon shifted in his seat slightly, his crossed legs were now both rooted to the ground with determination, his gaze was fixed and suddenly he cracked his neck. When he did move, fast and quiet, Jay had grabbed Jimin by the back of his collar roughly, and pulled his backwards, and slightly behind him.

As Namjoon pinned Howon face down on the meeting table, all the right hands pulled out their guns, and Jay already had his gun pointed at Howon’s right hand and council. But he didn’t shoot, and only when Jimin realized the situation, he shakingly reached for his gun as well, pulling it from his waistband, titling it towards whoever had their gun pointed Jay.

Jay was covering Namjoon and Jimin had both of their backs.

Though Namjoon was very focused on what he was doing, his arms strategically pinned a gangster down, twisting his right arm behind his back, making sure that there isn’t a way for escape, he glanced at Jimin and he could swear he saw him smirk. Only then, did Jimin realize why he was commanded to attend. Namjoon was making sure he was competent to be a little upgraded. From a mere runner for Namjoon to one of his official men.

Which did just mean, he only reported to Namjoon and only him.

We are a pack, remember Howon.” Namjoon said, voice an octave lower, leaning down to speak into his ear but everyone can hear him. He wanted them to. The figures in their chairs watched quietly, and only when Lee, one of the generals told his man to lower his gun, did everyone else follow. But Jay kept his gun up, towards Howon and his right hand, and Jimin followed his lead.

Omegas only claw at each other under pressure,” Namjoon spoke, and Jimin was accustomed to the way Namjoon phrased his words, poetically and beautifully. He made common words sound so raw and sincere, which in these sort of situations made it sound terrifying. “Betas only fight if directly threatened as their fighting disrupts the harmony of the pack.”

The man under his hold grunted loudly as Namjoon pressed him further into the table by his forearm into his nape and he responded by smiling, continuing. “And a wolf wouldn’t challenge an Alpha unless he wishes to replace him.”

Kim –“ One of the generals called, power was already established, Namjoon should let go, making damage won’t prove anything further.

Now, tell me, Howon.” Namjoon spoke calmly- cutting off the man, Jimin watched as he dipped his head a little farther and growled to the man, “Which one are you? A helpless omega, a threatened Beta or a wolf who thinks he’s something he’s not?”

The man responded by turning his face with difficulty and spitting on Namjoon. Even from afar, Jimin saw how hell fire ignited in his eyes.

“Wrong answer.

A crack echoed around the room, and then a loud scream followed it. Namjoon backed away, face as casual as could be, as Howon held his broken arm, screaming of pain. No blood, the bones hadn’t made it far enough to break out the skin, but how he screamed, made it known that Namjoon had done more than enough damage.

He didn’t add anymore, only grabbed the barrel on Jay’s gun and lowered it. Fixing his tie, and buttoning his designer suit jacket, he turned around and Jay followed with Jimin trailing behind them.

It still echoes in his ears sometimes, the sound of breakage.

But despite this incident and many more, Jimin truly believed Namjoon was a good man.

Yes, yes, it sounds hard to believe, but he really was. In his eyes at least.
The greatest proof of so, was that he can visit the man like this. He, just a runner, can go to see his superior’s superior. But it was fine, since Namjoon was the one who brought him to the game. Mentor, isn’t the word, perhaps –

“What happened to your face?” Namjoon asked calmly while they were still just at the door. Namjoon lived in the luxorious part of town, in a penthouse deep in Wolves territory. “You going underground again?”

If Jimin didn’t know the man, it looked like he was merely angry, but he saw disappointment. “I needed some cash.”

He knows how he probably looked right now, all roughed up, his face bruised and his lips cut. But it wasn’t as bad as it looked, Jimin actually won this time. Underground fighting was always the last resort, but it seemed to be the only way for quick cash.

Namjoon narrowed his eyes, “So you went against my direct orders, because you needed some money?”
He hated for his men to fight underground, saying it made them look like street rats, plus, the odds were never in anyone’s favor since anything can happen in the ring where no rules applied.

Jimin looked down, sincerely guilty he’s disappointed him. “We got kicked out of our place.”

Namjoon narrowed his eyes more, then sighed, “You should have come to me.”

Why is everyone telling him that? First Phoenix and now Namjoon? Jimin can handle his own .

Another sigh and he invited him in, Jimin followed quietly. He’s been here before, the penthouse was fancy and screamed expensive but as Namjoon sat with him, Jimin observed the cup of tea and the poetry book that sat waiting to be read.

Did Jimin mention just how educated Namjoon truly was?

Poetry, literature, classical music, psychology and all forms of arts. Namjoon was true lover of everything that had depth and authenticity.

“I need your advice…” Jimin said when Namjoon asked him what brought him here. “You know, how I got called by Phoenix yesterday.”

“No I didn’t, why didn’t you tell me?” Namjoon sighed, “all of you never tell me anything.” He complained about his own men, even though Jimin knew that no one can never hide anything from him. But Namjoon probably meant things that aren’t necessary to their work.

“Anyway… I went there and he offered me something.”

“Promotion?” He asked, but he doubted it, for a runner to be promoted, it didn’t need an actual visit to Phoenix himself.

“Something like that.” He responded, honestly he didn’t even know what this was. “He wants me to keep an eye on Master.”

He skipped a beat, “Elaborate.”

“Phoenix wants me to get close to Master and report to him.”

It was as if a bomb dropped, and Namjoon sat back in his seat. “That’s not good.”

“He’s not that bad.” Jimin said, voicing his thoughts, “When he talked to me –“

“Wait, you had contact with him?”

Jimin looked down, “Well, I… sorta… kinda spent the night at Phoenix’s.”

“Park Jimin, what the ?” Namjoon said, somewhere between confused and furious.

“I don’t know, okay? It just sort of happened.”

“How do you accidently sleep the night there?” Namjoon asked, sarcastically, absolutely done.

“It was a weird day, okay?” Jimin didn’t mean to snap and he apologized when Namjoon glared lightly. “Anyways, I don’t think he’s that bad.”

“Oh, he is. Trust me.” Namjoon said, “Kid killed his stepfather with a ing needle.”

Jimin paled, and Namjoon felt a pang of guilt, maybe he should go a little easy. But really, there wasn’t room to sugarcoat this.
Jimin knew that Namjoon was high up enough to have this kind of information about Master’s first kill. Eventually, when Master is introduced, these kind of Info spills into the lower ranks, it has to. No one respects an Alpha who hadn’t got his first kill.

“I don’t think I can say no.” He murmured quietly.

“You can’t.” Namjoon said, bluntly. “You don’t have a choice.”

“What can I do?” Jimin said, last resorts were becoming habitual. “If he finds out I’m spying on him…” He didn’t want to continue the sentence, he didn’t want to imagine what the boy who as Namjoon says kills people with medical supplies will do to him.

“Master isn’t an idiot,” Namjoon said, “We can hope, he figures the scheme out before you get too involved, and his anger is directed to his father, not to you.”

“And if he doesn’t?” Jimin asked calmly.

“Try to earn his trust.” Namjoon instructed after pausing, weighting his options. “But remember that you are one of his men, not his friend. If you act like one, he will get more attached. Attachment will make whatever punishment he decides deadly.”

Jimin nodded, taking his advice to heart. The tea sitting on the table has gone cold, now, there wasn’t any smoke coming out of it. And Jimin stood, feeling like overstayed his welcome, even though he hasn’t, “Thank you, Hyung.” He said.

“You’re welcome.” He answered.

Jimin was going to walk himself to the door when Namjoon began; “When hits the fan, and it will. Call me first, I’ll try to protect you.”

Jimin nodded, grateful, bowing as he left.

Namjoon was a good man, no matter what.

+

There is nothing more Namjoon hates about being dragged out of his apartments in the middle of the night, than the interrogations Kim Seokjin had the habit of making every once in a while.

“You know, you could’ve just called.” Namjoon said, rolling his eyes, “You don’t have to arrest me every time you want to chat.”

The interrogation room was cold, dimly lit and eerie. But it was home at this point for Namjoon, he’s been here so many times, for so many hours, and its always the same one. The one with scorched paint on the left corner of its right wall. Namjoon cared for details, details made the big picture clearer.

The man sitting in front of him glared at his comment. “You know better than anyone else that this boy is a threat to the system you’ve found a place for yourself in.”

Namjoon titled his head, eying the man, trying to read what strategy he is going for this time. Will he try to flip him again? Will he try to scare him into thinking he actually has something on him?

“He will want to replace his father’s men, as we both know that Phoenix will end up exactly like his father.” Jin spoke, and Namjoon listened, just to listen. “When he decides that he wants certain people in certain positions, where will you end up?”

“Dead, I assume.” Namjoon answered honestly, being casual and cold just to get on the commander’s nerve.

“And after all you’ve done, you’re fine with ending up dead?”

“Hypothetically speaking,” Namjoon said, tone stable and soft. “If I am actually involved in whatever you drag me here for every month, I think I would already know that I was going to end up in a body bag the day I signed up for it.”

He saw how Seokjin’s neck ticked lightly to the right unconsciously, he obviously got on his nerve with denial.

“But so soon? Like in the next year? In the next month? Tomorrow?” Seokjin asked, “And by the hand of a kid who isn’t old enough to drink yet.”

“That sounds horrible, I hope I make it.” Namjoon smiled.

The commander clicked his tongue, looking the other way, blatant denial always ticked him off. Though Namjoon never confessed involvement but he believes the both of them knew just how much he was really involved. He fishes his phone and pressed the screen for a couple of moments before he slid it down across the cold metal table. Unlike many times before, Namjoon’s hands weren’t chained to the table.

The picture was of a boy, and Namjoon recognized him immediately. Pheonix’s son, with their tattoo – the same that tainted his own neck, on display with his head titled sideways, the moon shinning above him. Observing his silence, Seokjin asked, “Do you recognize him from anywhere?”

The silence sparked Jin’s curiosity, it was so unlike Namjoon to be quiet, everything had an answer, he knew how to speak and he used it to his advantage. Because silence or stuttering meant suspicion.

“Other than his face that’s been plastered all over the news?” Namjoon quickly regained his composure, but it was too late, Jin had already noticed how Namjoon tensed up at the boy’s picture. “No.”

“He has the same tattoo as you.”

“We’ve been through that already…” Namjoon said in frustration. “It’s a popular urban design, I’m sure a lot of people have it.”

“Is that –“

“Jin, Can I leave? I want to sleep and honestly the smell of your cologne is suffocating me.” Namjoon said, scrunching his nose as Jin glared. “Seriously, you’ve been putting that same one since we were seventeen, aren’t you sick of it?”

Did Namjoon mention that he and the commander were childhood best friends?

The commander spluttered at his words, taking full offense. “Yah! You know my mother gets it for me, I can’t not wear it, you little –“

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head, as he stood up. He fixed the chair into its original place, he then smiled, though his gaze was serious. “Yeah, I know how much you’re a momma’s boy,” He said, teasing. “I still remember how you screamed for her when I broke my leg –“ Namjoon cut himself off with the sound of his own laughter just like he laugh though in pain when he broke his leg, because Jin’s face was so red as he screamed, it was so funny. The sound of Jin's high pitched screaming made him forget the sound of crack that he felt through his whole body.

“Yah!” Jin said, his ears reddening in embarrassment, “We were fourteen!”

Namjoon laughed, “Yes, Commander, I know.” He teased.

He shoved his hands in his coat pockets as he walked towards the door, but before he left. He turned around, the smile still tugging at his lips. “Remember what you told me, about that house, Commander?” The knowing tone he used, made Seokjin’s smile disappear as well. “I should’ve listened to you.”

Seokjin stared at the phone lying on the table, the screen’s light has already went out, and darkness replaced it. Under his breath, not loud enough for the members of his team who stood behind the black screen to hear him, Jin muttered:

“It’s dangerous, stay away.”

++

A/N: im late, i know. so yeah, sooooo taehyung is weird (no surprise there), Rose is evil (its only going to get worse believe me), Yoongi and Rose used to be involved but not anymore since RoseKook is life, jimin is suffering oops (he will continue to suffer btw), namjoon is namjoon, and namjin will actually have a big role in the story, im sorry if its moving too slowly or too fast in your opinion.

yall ready for everyone to meet on the first day of school?! i hope not beacuse i still dont know how i will write that. 

please comment your thoughts like please, i would love to hear feedback even if its negative. i may cry a little but ii will take it into consideration :)