City Of Flowers.

Wolves

He found him in the bathtub.

Phoenix found his son in the bathtub, his hands around himself, his broad form now looked lithe, tear tracks on his cheeks, and his eyes were swollen. The sight threw him off, he doesn’t why, he took a step back, gulping. Maybe its because he has been seeing Jungkook as the smart boy who can turn on him in a second and not as the eighteen year old who’s been through too much. the façade Jungkook put up was suddenly out the window and Chanyeol saw him for what he was, a little boy who pretended to be big because he’s learned that whoever was stronger, stomped on the weaker.

He recalls how his son had stood in front of him and bravely told him that he wasn’t going anywhere with him in the hospital, threatening to butcher if someone touches them again or when he laid a gun on his desk and told him that he will kill him, if he hurts his brother again, maybe all the bravery, all this act was caused by sheer terror. Maybe Jungkook was just afraid. That’s why he doesn’t sleep and wonders around the estate every night.
Chanyeol always watches him, from his balcony, he watches him walk a little, then run a little, Jungkook tries to exhaust himself so he can have some sleep. But there was this one time, and only one time, in the day before the scheduled funeral, when he saw Jungkook observe the flowers in his garden and then he just sat down in front of it and he just stared at it until the sun was seen up from the corner of the sky.

Jungkook came to his office and told him that he wanted to change the funeral place, he doesn’t want to bury his mother in the graveyard of the Park family. Jungkook knew it will take a little more time to prepare everything but he told him that he wants to bury his mother somewhere nice, with flowers and what better location than her favorite city.

He recalls how Jungkook offered a favor in return of this one, and how angry it made him feel. His son believed that everything he will do for him will have a price.

Closing his eyes, and then opening them again, he put a hand against the boy’s shoulder, “Jungkook?” He called softly. He shook his shoulders again, trying to be soft but failing apparently because Jungkook recoiled and woke up flinching away from him.

His son was just a boy. Smart, cunning, calculative but still, just a boy.

His eyes were blinking as he looked frantically around him. His senses were blurry for a second until he realized how exactly he ended up here. He looked up to his father, who was watching him with a certain glint in his eyes. “You should start getting ready.”

Phoenix spared him any more shame and walked out without anymore chatter.it hit him that the funeral was today and Jungkook just wanted to go back to sleep, he wanted to drift back into nothingness.

+

It was as if a black cloud covered the entire estate.

The maids weren’t murmuring quietly, instead everyone was horribly silent. He knows that they were trying not to disrespect their grief and that was nice, but Jungkook spent too much time in silence already. The suit that had been laid on his bed fit him like a customized glove.

It was the perfect length, and it reached his ankles just the way its supposed to. The white dress shirt was his size too, and it appeared accordingly from under his suit jacket sleeves that hugged his middle perfectly, making his shoulders seem broader and his face sharper. And his formal shoes fit him perfectly.

It terrified him. The idea that Phoenix knew so much about him, to the point that he knows his sizes and shoe size, made him awfully nervous, and maybe that’s what had him on his knees, with his head in the toilet bowl, puking out everything he had in his stomach. Or maybe it was the idea that his mother will be buried six feet under today.

He wiped his mouth and washed his face, trying to get it together. He can’t step out this room looking so fragile. So weak and so breakable. Jungkook needed to carry himself in the way he always has, with an air of pride, dignity and slight, silent aggression.

But looking up to the mirror, Jungkook saw a reflection of a scared boy. a tiny little boy whose father used push around like he is a ragged doll, like he weighted nothing. He saw the boy who cried, sometimes, for the slightest causes. He wouldn’t make a sound during a beating but then he would have a panic attack because he got an F on a paper.

He didn’t see a hero… the only thing staring back at him was a boy.

Gulping down that idea, Jungkook slowly walked out the bathroom. He took a deep breath, fixed his collar, buttoned his suit jacket and exited his room. he went downstairs, realizing that he was the last to arrive. His brother and his girlfriend were already there, Jaehyun;s hand was in both of hers, and she smiled at him comfortingly. Wendy was dressed in a short black velvet skirt, a black top and a black coat with black high heels, she had her black hair up in a bun, but it’s blue tint showed. His brother was dressed in a suit much like himself and so was his father.

What captured his attention was the mistress, dressed in a short black dress with blackhigh heeled shoes, her hair was drawn upwards in a tight high ponytail and her bangs rested softly on her forehead. But Jungkook didn’t care what she looked like, he cared for why she looked like she was coming with them.

“We should go.” His father said, but Jungkook wouldn’t move. “What’s wrong?”

“She isn’t going.” Jungkook spoke through gritted teeth.

“She is my partner, and she is going,” Pheonix spoke calmly.

But no, Jungkook wont tolerate her there, she isn’t supposed to be there while they send her off.

“She is not coming, Phoenix.” Jungkook said, standing his ground he will not allow her to come.

“This isn’t a discussion, kid.”

Jaehyun sighed, do they have to be at each other’s throats today of all days? Though Jungkook had every right, and Jaehyun felt the same, but he’s learned that crossing Phoenix didn’t end well.
“Let’s just go, Hyung.” Jaehyun tried.

“You are not taking your mistress to my mother’s funeral.” Jungkook said, walking foreward, getting face to face with his father, he was taller, broader, and his eyes made him look far more experienced, wiser, stronger, dominant. Jungkook should know his place, he was not in charge in this house, but this time, this time he couldn’t let something like this slide.

“Don’t speak to me in that tone.” Chanyeol warned. It was serious, and Jaehyun grabbed his brother’s arm softly , he doesn’t want it to escalate, but it already has.

“You’re not bringing a to my mother’s – “

Jungkook didn’t get to end his sentence for his father had a hand wrapped around his collar firmly, Jungkook was surprised, his hands coming to try to pry his father’s hands off. The way he held his collar made it hard for air to make it through. He wasn’t suffocating him, he wasn’t trying to, he was just making a clear statement, Jungkook wasn’t the alpha in this house.

Jaehyun came to his side, and tried to apologize, say sorry, because Jungkook shouldn’t have said that. Its one thing to hate the woman and another to call her a in front of her lover.
“You’re gonna kill him, Phoenix, you’re gonna kill him!”

But Phoenix and his oldest son were busy in their stare off, they shared relentless eye contact. Jungkook wasn’t going to look away even though he knew that if he did, his father would let him go. Chanyeol could’ve driven him up to the wall and wrapped his hands around his throat and kept pressing until Jungkook would fall to his knees and beg for mercy. But Phoenix didn’t operate that way. He wanted it to admit it himself, to understand the situation without any extreme measures. Phoenix wanted to make sure his massage was crystal clear.

His hands instinctively – and uselessly were clutching his father’s. “Kill – uh –“ Jungkook wheezed roughly. “Kill me if you want but – but she not going –“

“Let’s not talk about killing, Jungkook, okay?” The man said, a smirk slightly painting his face, a certain undertone and meaning to his words, that only the man and his son knew the meaning of.

Jungkook took a sharp inhale at his words, that stopped in his airway, and wouldn’t pass, making him feel like he might suffocate, he wanted to cough and exhale but he couldn’t and he started to struggle, tapping his father’s hand with urgency as he felt like he might really suffocate.

But his father titled his head, looked at his son coldly and said: “You insult my girl again and I swear by your mother, choke marks are going to be the least of your problems –“

“Chanyeol!” A voice yelled, and it was the mistress, who had been too shocked by what Jungkook had said to even interfere. She had watched as her lover grabbed his son brutally. But she will not let this continue.

Phoenix let go when he heard her voice, shaking his head, that she interfering with his lesson, but he wouldn’t let her word be insignificant, his boys needed to understand that Tiffany was as important as he was. She was his partner, his lover and she will be respected, even if violence is included.

Jungkook fell back with a harsh inhale of breath but his brother caught him. He coughed, his lungs begging for more air. It was messy, really. Violence usually is.

“I am suddenly feeling unwell. I won’t be able to come.” She said, it was a lie, obviously. But she turned around to climb the stairs.

He didn’t call after her, he only turned to them and made a statement that they had to leave.

+

Riding in the one of the cars in the five car entourage, were Jungkook, his brother and Wendy.

Jungkook rode in the passenger seat, next to Kai, while his brother and his girlfriend sat in the back. It was quiet, as Jungkook rested his elbow on the door arm rest, his hand massaging his neck, lingering there as he observed the highway they sped on.

“You’re letting your temper get to you.” His brother suddenly spoke, in mandarin. It was a habit that they had, to speak a foreign language if they were around Phoenix’s men but didn’t want anyone to understand.

Jungkook stayed quiet.

“You told me we have to be careful.”

“We do.”

“Calling a gangster’s mistress a doesn’t sound careful, Hyung.”

Wendy frowned, “You are both grieving.” She said, also in mandarin. “Don’t forget that your father is grieving too.”

“He chocked him!” Jaehyun told her as if she hadn’t witnessed the incident. “Having a temper isn’t going to help us.”

Wendy shook her head, turning her head back to the window, everyone was too tense. Although she couldn’t agree with what Mr. Park had done, she could see where this was coming from. Mr. Park – and his son were angry grievers.

And it was scary, what grief could make angry people do.

“You wanted to send our mother away with her there?” Jungkook asked calmly. “I expected a violent reaction anyways. I got what I wanted and I got punished. Why are you being dramatic?”

Jaehyun spluttered, “Do you hear yourself, Hyung?” He asked, unbelievingly. “You –“

I paid the price.” Jungkook suddenly cut him off. “She wouldn’t have backed away unless I showed her that we weren’t afraid. She had to understand that we are not easy.”

“You’re letting this get to you.” His brother sadly said, “You think like them, you talk like them. This isn’t how my Hyung used to speak.”

Jungkook snickered. “I’ve always thought like this.” He said, wanting to laugh and cry at the same time, but not having energy to do neither. “How do you think I’ve kept you safe – without choke marks, until now.”

Jaehyun stayed quiet as Jungkook eyes him through the rear view mirror. “Don’t worry about me, Jae. I can handle Phoenix.”

The pain in his neck stated otherwise, but it wasn’t a complete lie, it was a half llie. A partial one. Jungkook can handle Phoenix as in know how to speak with him, negotiate, and argue, and he didn’t as the man scared him, terrified him.

His hands were shaking as he clutched his father’s, afraid that he might tighten his hold. Afraid that he will injure him beyond repair.

Jungkook was afraid of a lot of things, spiders – insects in general, he was a afraid of a weird thought that developed in his head when he was little that the world will end in flames, and that the last thing he will remember while dying is heat and terror, he was afraid of his secrets that would haunt him. Like the secret his father knew, that he killed his step father, and about it, proclaiming power over him.

And lastly, Jungkook was afraid of himself, because from the moment he entered this game of chess he’s been playing with fate – and his father, he’s been doing well. It scared him, that he knew how to play this game so well. Not only that, Jungkook enjoyed playing the game.

“Just be careful.” Jaehyun finally said, after a long while of silence. “Maybe next time it won’t stop at choke marks.”

Maybe next time he will kill you, That’s what Jaehyun meant.

+

Ilsan City, 2:07 PM.

When Jungkook exited the car, he wanted to smile involuntarily. Flowers everywhere, white Windflowers and Lilies, white and pinkish Baby’s breath. Even Jaehyun smiled at him, their mother would have loved it here. His father had arrived first, even though they came together, but as soon as his car stopped, he stepped out, took a lovely arrangement of flowers, with wrap, of Lilies of the valley, and slowly laid it on her coffin.

It could be an act, Jungkook thought, the press took pictures wildly, the flashes not too visible in sunlight but still irritating. But Chanyeol seemed genuinely sad, as he laid a hand on the closed coffin, murmuring something under his breath.

“Come say goodbye.”

Jaehyun lingered with Wendy I front of the coffin, speaking words as they gave him some privacy.

“Thank you, for all this.” Jungkook broke the silence, standing next to his father.

“Anything for Hyejung,”

When his brother came to stand next to them, Phoenix looked at Jungkook to say good bye but he didn’t. He just kept standing, unconsciously mirroring his father’s posture, head held high and hands folded before him and slowly Jaehyun followed his brother's lead, mirroring hisposture as well.

Families and people started to arrive, the press had already arrived, even before them. The crowd of press stood behind a line made of security, pretty far from them, but still able to get clean shots. Jungkook knew this was his and his brother's first appearance in the press, which is why the press took pictures wildly, trying to get the best shots of the lost heirs of Phoenix.

The Wu family was the first to arrive, and Jungkook recognized the man. Kris Wu ran a mob syndicate in China, he could be labeled as the leader of their Chinese branch. As to why he lived here, in Seoul was unclear to Jungkook.

His daughter, Jennie Wu, was a beautiful girl who he haven’t seen before, he believes she was a celebrity of some sort as he believes he saw her on a designer ad before.

When they arrived, his father introduced them, “Kris Wu, My partner, and a dear friend.” He said. “My oldest, Jungkook,” He patted his back, like a father would and Jungkook bowed accordingly. “And my youngest, Jaehyun.”

“Nice to meet you, Sir.” Jungkook spoke, and Jaehyun followed shortly.

“They’ve grown so well, Chanyeol.” Kris complimented, and patted Jungkook’s shoulder. Shaking his hand, “I’m so sorry for your loss, Jungkook.”

He bowed again, and Kris moved to console his brother.
While he did so, Jennie was hugging his father tightly. They seemed awfully familiar with one another. When she let go, she smiled, “Are you okay?” She asked and he nodded, “How is Tiffany? Where is she?”

Glancing at his son, “She wasn’t feeling well.” He answered.

“I must visit her, then.” She exclaimed, Jungkook noted that she spoke in a formal dialect but very casually with the man.

He turned to Jungkook, “Jennie Wu, my Goddaughter.” He introduced.

So that’s why they are so close. “Its nice to finally meet you and I’m so sorry for your loss.” She consoled. “Have strength.”

Have strength, be strong, I am sorry for your loss, she is in a better place, etc, etc. Jungkook believes he’s heard it all.

But he clearly haven’t see it all, for he had just realized that his father might be more dangerous than he believes. Wolves didn’t just consist from a couple of business men and some thugs. Everyone who was here, paying their respect, was clearly involved with Wolves.

A General and a Lieutenant General came in their uniforms, but Jungkook believes he’s read somewhere, how much Phoenix had ties to the Korean government. Chanyeol introduced his sons to each and every one of them.

The Chief of Police as well as the Mayor, came to pay respects, shaking hands with his father and meeting them, while introducing Jungkook, he would always say, ‘my son’ before his name. he said in fondly, proudly, like he’s never been able to say that and now he has.

So behind them, stood men in uniforms and designer suits, each and every one of them benifiting from making an appearance, but they all clearly didn’t want to disrespect Pheonix by not showing up.

A woman and her daughter or Goddaughter or whatever, named Yoona, that his father had kissed her cheek as greeting instead of just shaking hands, when he introduced her, his father used the word, ‘ally’. She didn’t have a title, she didn’t seem to need one, she walked with a certain air of pride, unlike many who walked in to bow to his father and kiss the ring. She didn’t call him and his brother ‘master’ like many of the unfamiliar men they get in contact with in the estate.

Her goddaughter was something else, one of the prettiest girls he’s ever seen, but her eyes, made him wary.

A boy, who didn’t wear a suit, nor a tie, walked in in skinny black pants, a black shirt under a tall black coat, with his face hidden under a black mask. He had a boy trailing behind him quietly, keeping his head on the grass he walked upon, wearing a tattered black hoodie, and black jeans. The boy didn’t have a mask on, and his features were soft, wide eyes and plump lips, but the tattoo on his neck of a wolf was as clear as the sun in the sky. Jungkook observed them, (he observed anyone who caught his attention as they were most likely important), anyone who didn’t blend in properly in the picture is important.

The first one, a gangster, definitely, Jungkook observed as he bowed his head – and only his head to Phoenix, he took off his mask before speaking, Jungkook saw a boy his age, eyes sharp and jaw sharper, short, a little skinny, but harmless wasn’t how he would describe him. “I’m sorry for your loss, Phoenix.” He spoke quietly, but his words didn’t slur, they were clear.

His father shook his hand, silently nodding his head. “Unfortunately, my father couldn’t make it. But he sends his condolences and greeting to you,” He turned to Jungkook and continued, “and your bloodline.”

Such a weird word to describe them, but his father only slightly smiled, “I am sure Minhyun, had his reasons.” He spoke, smooth and dangerous. “Make sure to send him my sincere regards.”

Both of them snickered quietly, without drawing attention to themselves. They seemed to hold a good relationship, “Min Suga,” he introduced, he didn’t guve a title or a job, the name seemd t be enough. He introduced him and the boy shook Jungkook’s hand, “I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Thank you.” The boy moved from him, to his brother, and went to join the corwd.

The boy that looked the poorest, between everyone who he met, bowed deeply to his father, “I’m sorry for your loss, Phoenix.”

“Thank you, Jimin.” Phoenix nodded. “How’s your sister?” Jungkook observed how his father spoke softly with this particular boy.

“She has school, Phoenix,” He said, his head down, he hadn’t made eye contact with anyone. “I’m sorry, she couldn’t make it.” He apologized with another deep bow.

Chanyeol nodded his head, and turned to him, “Park Jimin.” He introduced the boy. “One of my most trusted.”

“I am sorry for your loss, Master.” He bowed.

Master.

“Thank you.” Jungkook replied.

“Be strong.” He said, still not raising his eyes, Jungkook always read people by their eyes, but he couldn’t even see this boy’s.

He moved to the crowd, they were last to come, the priest started his burying ceremony as Jungkook had insisted she would be buried by a catholic priest.

+

There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.” The priest began, as Suga greeted her father, in which he replied to with a sentence involving the word .

Jennie sighed at them, they were always like this. Her father and her best friend, two of the most important men in her life, always fighting. Suga snickered quietly, and went to stand behind them, with Jimin – the boy she has seen with him many times, trailing behind him like a lost puppy.

She refocused her eyes on the priest once again, “A time to give birth, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.

“Why is it held here?” Jennie quietly whispered to her father. Her father always knew Phoenix’s secrets. She was sure, everyone else was wondering why they had to drive the whole way to another province and city to pay respects.

“Jungkook said its his mother’s favorite city.” Kris answered her, also whispering back.

“…A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them…” The priest continued.

“That’s awfully sentimental.” Jennie noted.

“The whole family is sentimental, Jen.” Kris replied, shoving his hands in his pockets, staring at the priest saying words who were supposed to comfort the grieving but didn’t. But don’t get him wrong, Kris didn’t have anything against religion, but he did have anything for it either. “You know how Chanyeol is when it comes to Hyejung,”

“When it comes to his boys.” She corrected, Phoenix didn’t throw away all arrangements for the burial of the mother of his children out the window because she liked flowers, he did it because his oldest asked him to.

“Fair.” He agreed. “He could be rewarding him,” Kris guessed, “ Jungkook had his first kill.”

“… A time to seek, and a time to lose…”

“Really?” She whispered scandalously, “Who?” She composed herself when a couple of heads turned to her.

Kris leant to his side, to her side and whispered, “His step-father.”

Jennie didn’t know why he was telling her, though he told her many things, since her father had made it a habit to keep her in the loop. Because being out the loop, meant out of the game and Jennie had to be in the inner circle at all times, but usually, he wouldn’t tell her secrets that he and Phoenix shared.

“…A time to be silent, and a time to speak…”

Maybe he was implying that she was late on her first kill. She knew she was, but she hadn’t been attacked, she didn’t hold any sensitive position to be targeted, and she wasn’t just about pick a random person to kill just for the hell of it.

…A time to love, and a time to hate…”

Her father implied such things though he wouldn’t let her near anything dangerous enough to draw blood. She could’ve had her first kill, on his last trip to China where he spilt blood of a Choi. She could’ve spilt that blood herself but no, her father didn’t think she was ready.

So why the , while he didn’t think she was ready, make unnecessary remarks like this?

“A time of war, and a time of peace.”

“Amen.” A chorus of everyone standing, including herself and her father spoke.

+

“I, John, saw a new heaven and a new earth.

The former heaven and the former earth

had passed away, and the sea was no more.” The priest recited.

Yoona and Rosé stood at the back of the crowd, it was trick Yoona taught her, standing in fornt of the crowd meant you were exposed, seen, revealed. Standing in the middle meant you couldn’t see those behind you and missing out a detail that can put everything together. But standing in the ends, seeing the crowd, but they couldn’t see you, seeing the big picture, and when you see the big picture, you are able to focus on the details, the small little details that glued all the stray pieces together.

“I’ve always hated funerals.” Yoona spoke, not whispering, since people didn’t surround them, they couldn’t hear them.

“I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem,

coming down out of heaven from God,

prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

“Why?” Rosé asked, bored out of her mind as she checked her fingernails, perfectly manicured, she observed, tall, freshly sharpened, ready to draw blood.

“Whoever died, was just dead.” Yoona spoke, and Rosé wanted to laugh, her mentor was living up to her title as an emotionless cold . “If you showed up, they wouldn’t know, if you didn’t, they wouldn’t know either. For ’s sake, they were six feet under.”

Rosé quietly chuckled, careful not to make a sound. “Then, what are we doing her, Unnie?”

Yoona looked at her with surprise. “Have I taught you nothing?” She asked, offended. “Sweetheart, we are not here for the dead.” She smiled wickedly, switching her gaze to the front, where Phoenix and his sons stood. “We are here for the living.”

He will wipe every tear from their eyes,

and there shall be no more death or mourning,

wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away.”

Rosé shook her head at her mentor’s words. But she was right, they were here for the living. They were here for a man with too much power to ignore and his sons, who were to inherit the family’s business. They were here for appearances but also to make sure that Phoenix knows they were on his side after the incident in China with the Chois. Though they didn’t belong to any organization exclusively, they knew where to stand when incidents like these occur.

…I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end…”

A boy turned his head, catching her eyes, when she caught him, he didn’t look away, but still stared at her. He looked away when she did, as her mentor brought her out of her trance. “Honestly, you were just shaking hands with the most powerful boy in Seoul and you are still checking that thug out?” Yoona shook her head at her, like she was an absolute idiot.

Rosé knew she was talking about Jungkook, Phoenix’s oldest, but she sighed, “He’s probably got a whole line of ladies waiting for him to .” Rosé defended. “He probably likes them timid, quiet –“

“Or maybe he likes them, tall, feisty and idiotic.” Her Unnie spoke, insulting her. But Rosé has learned not to take offense, accepting that this is the only way Yoona knows how to communicate. “Like you.”

“I’m engaged, remember.” Rosé said, sassily, as she crossed her arms.

“That never stopped you before.” Yoona said, titling her head.

She would love to deny and bicker, but Yoona was right, the ring that she had at home, stayed in its box, unworn and unused and as long as she had her fingers empty of any restraints, Rosé did whatever she wanted.

“Are you seeing what I’m seeing, though?” Rosé asked slowly, realizing something.

“Yes,” Yoona said, “I have to give it to him, he is very smart.”

I will give a gift from the spring of life-giving water.

The victor will inherit these gifts,

and I shall be his God, and he will be my son.” The priest ended, “Amen.” He said and chorus of the same word echoed around them.

+

“Amen.” Jimin echoed just as everyone around him. He glanced at his – what was Suga to him? He was definitely not a friend, nor a trusted acquaintance. Maybe Suga was just a boy who took the same roots as him sometimes, so they travelled together.

He glanced at him, he didn’t say ‘amen’ after each reading like everyone else around them. Suga seemed to notice his gaze, when he turned his head to him, he defened; “What? I’m not religious.”

It was now about noon and darkness came

over the whole land until three in the afternoon

because of an eclipse of the sun.” The priest recited the gospel.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t think you were the religious type anyways,” Jimin said, shrugging.

“None of these people are, they are just repeating scared that someone might see them and tell Phoenix.” Suga explained, but Jimin already knows so.

“Aren’t you?” Jimin asked quietly, it was a sincere question, Suga always acted he wasn’t afraid of anything and it always baffled Jimin, how a person was either too insane to care about Phoenix’s wrath or was cocky enough to think he was irreplaceable, and however he acted didn’t matter, because they needed him. But little did Jimin know, Suga was neither.

“My loyalty isn’t shown this way.” Suga answered instead. “With repeating words I don’t believe in.”

Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle.

Jesus cried out in a loud voice,

“Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”;

and when he had said this he breathed his last.”

“Then how is it shown?” Jimin answered, curious. He always paid attention to Yoongi when he spoke because the boy might be a first class , but he knew his . He spoke with wisdom and experience, managing to measure everything into his own benefit.

“I’m here, aren’t I?” Suga said, “If I was taking Choi’s side, I wouldn’t be here.”

“You’ve always been neutral. You run in both sides of town.” Jimin said, confused. “Being here isn’t only an act of loyalty, its –“ Jimin bit his tongue from making a inappropriate noise in the middle of a funeral. “You – you’re joining Wolves?!” Jimin asked, whisper-yelling at his friend – enemy or whatever.

The centurion who witnessed what had happened

glorified God and said,

“This man was innocent beyond doubt.”

“Didn’t think you would be so glad.” He remarked, raising a brow.

“I’m just surprised.” Jimin said, mind blown, understanding why Suga has been moving through territory, tying loose ends, and making more and more appearances in Wolves territory than in Choi’s. This is why he was trying to get in a room with Phoenix, but now he didn’t need such meetings, this occasion was the perfect opportunity for him to show allegiance without drawing too much attention to himself.

“You sneaky motherer.”

they returned home beating their s;

but all his acquaintances stood at a distance,

including the women who had followed him

from Galilee and saw these events.”

“Amen.” They spoke again, and Suga smirked at him like the insult was a compliment.

+

As they lowered his mother to the ground, Jungkook had a wrecking feeling crawl up his throat. The feeling was a settling one, it was one that comes in waves, that comes in ways one does not expect. He feeling that he had no one in this world who has his back, the feeling of loneliness and sadness, anger and frustration. The way his lungs slow down and he heard his quiet, calm, irregular heart beat in his ears, tuning out all the sound of the world and only hearing sadness, only tasting bitterness and only knowing pain yet tears never fell, as if they've all dried out.

Jungkook realized, only when his mother was lowered in her grave that he was alone. Him against the world. Him against his own father.

Jungkook made a cross on his body, “Amen.”

+

A/N: I'm sorry the stroy is in fractions, i was never able to write something longer tthan two chapters or drabbles. but if you have any suggestions or complaint syou can tell me, it okay. thank you for reading, please comment your thoughts.