Infiltration

Winning Over Mr. Independent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu sat behind the wheel of his car as he bit away at the nails of his left hand. He was thankful that he'd broken his non-dominant hand because it meant he could still drive -- it still wasn't exactly safe to driving with one functioning arm but Mingyu couldn't care less. He'd parked just outside of Jeonghan's apartment despite the brunette's orders to keep their distance, he didn't want to stay apart -- it just didn't feel right. Mingyu mentally prepared himself as he thought about how he was going to announce arrival -- he knew the brunette wasn't going to be happy about him showing up so unexpectedly but he also knew that Jeonghan missed him just as much. Before he could even step out of the car, Jeonghan appeared from inside the resident parking lot -- he was going somewhere.

Mingyu swallowed, he was suddenly very nervous. Jeonghan never went out on Thursday nights, that was odd. Before he realized what he was doing, Mingyu was already tailing behind his lover. Mingyu kept a good distance and silenced the voice in his head that told him he was being a bad boyfriend. He wanted to know, something just didn't sit well in his stomach. He followed the brunette's car into the city and watched as the man's figure retreat inside a rather expensive looking restaurant. This situation was all too familiar, he was having flashbacks to that night he'd followed Jeonghan when he met up with Jihoon. He really didn't want Jeonghan to get mad but at the same time he was so very curious as to why a home body like Jeonghan decided to make dinner plans on a Thursday night -- especially when they were both in such hot water.

"What are you doing, hyung?" Mingyu muttered as he tapped his thumb against the steering wheel.

 

Jeonghan gritted his teeth, bit back his pride and smiled when he caught sight of a rather plump Ryu Hyunjin as he was directed into a private dining area. The brunette took a seat opposite the older man and felt himself immediately feel ill when the filthy swine shook his hand and refused to let go immediately. Jeonghan stared at his own palm in disdain -- he was going to need to soak it in bleach when he got home. Hyunjin stared at him with a look that could make even the hardest of men feel uncomfortable.

"It's been so long, it's good to know you still look so..." the greasy bastard swallowed. "Dashing."

"You're too kind," Jeonghan put on another fake smile -- the exact one he used at every other business event.

"So," Hyunjin held up his menu. "I heard you've been filling my shoes these past two years and doing one Hell of a good job."

"I got fired, sir," Jeonghan cocked a brow. "I obviously didn't do a very good job if the whole board unanimously decided to have me terminated."

"Oh don't be so despondent," Hyunjin waved his fat hand.

"Shall we get down to business?" Jeonghan cocked a brow.

"You've been working for Sanghoon so long that you're starting to sound like him," Hyunjin commented.

"Does that bother you?"

"It can be fixed," Hyunjin said, his eyes wandering over Jeonghan's face before landing on the brunette's shirt.

Jeonghan followed the older man's gaze.

"Powder blue silk? Floral embroidery? Your taste has changed rather drastically since we last met," Hyunjin said.

"It was a gift," Jeonghan said, his hand touching the smooth fabric of the sleeve.

"Of course, you would never choose something so...garish on your own," Hyunjin's words made Jeonghan grind his teeth -- he took full offence.

"Your proposition, I want to hear more," Jeonghan shook off his annoyance, he needed to keep his eyes on the prize. "So far all I've heard are promises but no actual plan of action. I don't like being in the dark, how do I even know I can trust you?"

"I'm going to be very honest with you, Yoon Jeonghan," Hyunjin said as a waiter brought over a bottle of wine and poured a glass for both of them.

Jeonghan waited.

"Your professional capabilities aren't the only thing I'm after," Hyunjin swirled his glass of wine.

Jeonghan immediately started eyeing the toad in front of him from his nonexistent hairline to the lump of raw beef that he called a pair of lips. Jeonghan was disgusted. The brunette didn't have anything against people who weren't considered traditionally attractive but the man in front of him was just not pleasant to look at or even be around. Throw in the older man's questionable work ethic and you're basically left with a dud.

"I'm not an , sir," Jeonghan said with a straight face.

"I'm we'll aware of that, Jeonghan," Hyunjin replied as he down his wine. "Rather than an I'd like you to be someone of a more respectable title."

"What kind of title would that be exactly?" Jeonghan cocked a brow.

"A lover, someone who can be my right hand in the office and tend to my...other needs when we're outside the office."

Jeonghan felt his eye twitch, the man wanted to groom him. Disgusting. Jeonghan composed himself yet again, he needed to play dumb, he needed to get past the toad's defenses. He needed to earn the man's trust before he could start digging for more information. He reached for the wine bottle and poured the older man a more tha generous amount and gave his best seductive smile.

"I feel like we need to get to know each other better before I can agree to anything," Jeonghan winked.

"Of course," Hyunjin fell for the bait.

Kim Sanghoon had taught Jeonghan a very valuable lesson when he first became the COO. Men were carnal creatures at their very core, pertaining that you have what they desperately desire, you can lead them to do whatever you want. It was a very well known method used by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter