SIX

➣ JINCENTRIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He couldn't believe it himself, but every day he found himself feeling less like himself and talking to Namjoon and Hoseok less or some days not at all. And that's not like him at all. Maybe it might've been the guilt or the fact he was too embarrassed to be around his friends after the he pulled. He's not even sure why he was angry Namjoon was looking out for him, but he was too stubborn to see that.

 

What surprised him the most is he was hanging around jeongguk more, they'd go on small dates or the boy would pick him up from school and drop him off. It didn't cross his mind how close they were. He didn't notice until now as he looked around jeongguk's living room as they sat around watching some wack horror movie. It felt normal until he noticed how close they were, how jeongguk's arm slung around his waist protectively as Jin laid against him. It was almost like they were back together. Almost as if what had happened before never really happened at all.

 

Jin feels a tap on his shoulder causing him to flinch slightly, he turns and looks over at jeongguk whose seems to be holding back a laugh. "Hyung you good there?" The younger questions.

 

"What?" Jin questions finally snapping back to reality he nods. "Oh yeah I'm fine this movie is just terrible," He lies forcing out a chuckle.

 

"I know I picked the worst for the best," The boy grins.

 

Jin quirks an eyebrow, "I don't think that's how that works."

 

jeongguk shrugs, "Well ty movie aside what's on your mind?" He asks, grabbing the remote and shutting the T.V. off, "And don't say nothing that would be a lie and I know when you're lying. I also know your thinking face, and that right there was your thinking face."

 

"You think you know me so well?" the older asks teasingly earning a nod from jeongguk.

 

"You're my childhood best friend, I pride myself on how well I know you," jeongguk says confidently with a wide grin.

 

Jin couldn't help but feel a little guilty. He had almost forgotten they were best friends. It's like any happy memory with jeongguk had been erased. It makes sense he lives his life so bitterly.

 

"Aw Gguk," Jin coos fakely patting the younger head. jeongguk's eyes light up as the male leans closer to him. "Get a life babes this obsession you have over me is kinda unhealthy," Jin whispers in his ear.

 

The younger pushes Jin way with a pout making the older laugh, "But no seriously what's wrong?"

 

"Huh? Nothing at all," Jin sighs leaning back into the couch.

 

"You would tell me if something was wrong though?" The boy asks seriously. It had been so long since him, and Jin has been this close, all he wants is to gain the older's trust back.

 

"Of course," Jin responds sitting up, grabbing his phone off the coffee table. "Damn its getting late I didn't even notice," He sighs showing jeongguk the time.

 

jeongguk eyes widen, "Time flies while you're having fun. Do you wanna just sleepover?" he questions.

 

"I'd love to but-"

 

"But? No no, no buts just stay I doubt your mom would get mad she's chill," the younger begs."Yeah, but my step-dad," Jin tells the boy who rolls his eyes in response.

 

"That ? Fine, I'll drop you off," jeongguk sighs defeated standing up from the couch stretching as he walks to the front door.

 

"You, don't have to do that Kook," Jin whispers following behind jeongguk who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter