THREE

➣ JINCENTRIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's a low knock at his door and, Jin lifts the pillow from his face to see his mother standing there with a weak smile is planted across her face. "I hate the be the barrier of bad news, but your step-father is-"

 

"Coming. My step-father is coming. I know I need a moment," he sighs, letting his eyes close as he takes a deep breath.

 

"I know," she whispers.

 

He sits up to look at his mother, a fake smile is plastered on her face but can see right through it. "He's no good," he mumbles and watches as the smile drop.

 

"I know," she repeats, running her fingers through her tousled locks.

 

"Then why do you stay?" she opens to speak, but nothing comes out. Jin can see the sadness in her eyes as she musters up a smile for him.

 

"I get it. I'll get cleaned up so he won't have a reason to yell." He stands there, idly watching her figure leave from the doorway. Thoughts start to consume him, and all he can think about what he might do next. 

 

Seokjin's bond with his mom is strong. They went through his biological father's cheating and his step-father abuse. Some find their relationship odd, but they don't know what goes on in his home.

 

He snaps out of his thoughts and gets ready to go downstairs. He paces around the room, his hands shake with nervousness, once he hears the house door open. A sudden chill takes over his whole body despite the warm temperature throughout the house.

He walks downstairs and takes a look at his mother with caked-on makeup, a white dress, and her hair now done. She stands next to his step-father with a smile, but he knows it's fake, all of this fake.

 

"Hello, sir," he says, approaching the older man with a bright smile.

 

"Seokjin," He sighs, placing a hand on the younger's back, making him flinch. "How was school?"

 

"It was great, I made some friends actually," he lies, the fake smile never faltering off his face.

 

"That's good. Well, we are going to have dinner with one of my business partners today. He has a son your age who goes to your school," his step-father notes. Jin smiles, nodding his head along, pretending to be interested.

 

"What's his name?" Jin asks, faking enthusiasm.

 

"Min Yoongi," the older answers, and the smile on Seokjin's face drops upon hearing the tiny demon's name. "Do you know him?"

 

Yes, I do all too well. Seokjin grimaces at the thought of being around that angry munchkin.

 

"I met him today. He was very kind," he lies. Not like his step-father would believe him if he told the truth.

 

The male smiles and takes his hand away from Seokjin's back. "That's good, maybe Yoongi will like you. You're a handsome boy," he purrs with a small smirk, caressing the younger's ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter