Chapter 5

Unexpected Roommate

 

It was now past afternoon and the dance students were heading to the studio.

“And I'm telling you! The dinosaur was this big!” Hoshi’s voice rang through the noisy hallway as he flung his arms wide to present the size.

Wonwoo giggled as Jun shook his head. “Hoshi, it was just a movie.” Jun commented and earned yet another look from Wonwoo.

Jun pouted and they made their way inside, setting down their bags.

 

Wonwoo was dreading getting to this part of the day. Mingyu is going to walk in any minute now. His heart was beating out of control and he was scared someone would hear it. He was scared Jun would hear it, so he kept his distance.

 

Jun eyed him from the side as they got into their positions to stretch, He's being distant. Jun was starting to get worried, Wonwoo hadn't really been with him all day. Even during lunch he had been lost in his own thoughts as Jun listened to Hoshi ramble on about a new prickly pear he had tasted. His heart grew heavy. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Jun decided he would make an effort to hang out with his boyfriend right after dance.

 

Wonwoo heard Minghao's voice amongst everyone's squeaky shoes as they stretched and his heart stopped, Minghao is here that must mean Mingyu is here too. Wonwoo had come to recognize Minghao since they had both been going to dance for the past week.

He looked over and sure enough, Mingyu was trailing behind his friend, setting down his bag.

 

Is he going to stand by me again? Wonwoo thought anxiously. Not that I want him to…

 

Mingyu followed Minghao and stood by him, glancing over at Wonwoo for a second and internally screaming when they accidentally made eye contact. Woops. Should I just wave? Mingyu smiled and waved to his roommate.

 

His warm smile. Wonwoo thought and looked away without making any sort of expression. He wasn't going to wave back, such actions weren't in his nature, and his boyfriend was right next to him. Wonwoo wouldn’t admit that he did want to smile back.

 

Mingyu shook off Wonwoo’s seemingly emotionless reaction and nudged at his friend. “Were you able to get the choreo down yesterday or do you need help too?” He burst out laughing at his “joke”.

“You're such an idiot, unlike you- I got the choreography down as soon as it was taught to us.” Minghao was smiling at his friend, He really thinks he's funny. “Stupid.”

“We'll see.” Mingyu poked at Minghao while chuckling and Minghao kept poking him back.

 

Wonwoo felt like he was suffocating. He could see them playing around from the mirror right in front of them. Don't look at him. Wonwoo looked down again.

 

An hour passed and their practice had ended. Hoshi turned around and walked up to Wonwoo and Jun, extremely sweaty, but excited, “How was it today guys?”

Jun was coming up to Wonwoo and passed him a water. “It wasn’t too hard to catch up on what I missed yesterday.”

Hoshi started laughing, “Of course you didn’t have any trouble Jun, Wonwoo, on the other hand,” He smirked at Wonwoo, “had problems yesterday!”

 

Panic.

 

Wonwoo’s heart started to accelerate and he quickly threw in words in hopes of luring Hoshi out of whatever he could possibly say next. “Today was fun!” Oh was that too random?

But Wonwoo didn’t stop to think of what his boyfriend would say to Hoshi’s comment.

 

“Aw babe, why didn’t you tell me? we could’ve come to practice it during lunch.” Jun spoke sweetly to him and Wonwoo could see just how much he longed to hold his hand or at least wrap an arm around his waist, but he wouldn’t do it. Wonwoo couldn’t figure out why he felt thankful. “I’m glad you had fun today though, you seemed like you got the hang of it.”

“Yeah it’s because he had some hel-” Hoshi began again.

“I came to practice on my own!” Wonwoo practically yelped, interrupting Hoshi’s time-bomb. Why am I panicking? It’s not like I flirted back.

Both Hoshi and Jun looked at Wonwoo, their backs facing the mirror, “You did? When?” Hoshi asked, completely oblivious to the fact that Wonwoo didn’t want him to bring up Mingyu.

“Yeah I…” Wonwoo’s voice trailed off as he saw Mingyu standing by the door in the mirror. Is he waiting for me? I don’t want to leave him hanging if he is. “I came to practice later that night, I just really needed to make sure I got it.” The two other boys nodded and didn’t see Wonwoo continue to glance behind them. “Hold on-” Wonwoo said to his friends, but as he was about to walk up to Mingyu he stopped in his tracks. Mingyu wasn’t waiting for him, he had been waiting for Minghao. He watched as they both smiled at each other while walking away. Wonwoo turned back around, his heart squeezing itself so tight, he couldn’t tell if he was relieved Mingyu was gone or upset. Maybe he felt both.

Now that almost everyone was on their way out, Jun took the initiative to interlock his and Wonwoo’s fingers together. He missed holding his boyfriend’s hand. Now is my chance.

“Hey I was thinking we could go out and see a movie or something?” Jun offered, “I'll buy, we can even get those gummies you like so much.” He gave Wonwoo’s hand a squeeze as he waited for a reply, he was taking a while. What is he thinking so hard about? Jun worried.

 

Wonwoo was analyzing every single word exchanged and interaction between him and Mingyu in the past 24 hours and he couldn't stop thinking about him. His voice and how bright his smile is, his warmth- he’s like the sun, and he’s always skipping around everywhere. But today in chemistry- with that girl- Wonwoo sighed and was finally able to pause his racing thoughts. He would not hang out with his boyfriend, not like this. “I’m sorry Jun, I have a lot of things to work on today so I’ll head back first.” He let go of his boyfriend’s hand and was ready to walk over to his backpack to pick it up and leave.

 

He almost seems as if he’s rushing, Jun thought. “Okay when you're free tell me!” Jun said as he waved goodbye, Wonwoo was already almost past the door. “Goodbye…” Jun sighed, his smile falling.

Hoshi pat Jun’s back, “Don't worry he's probably just tired from dance today.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

 

9:00 pm

 

On Wonwoo’s way back he was even more lost in his thoughts. Does he just go around flirting with everyone? That's such a playboy move if he does. Why would I even be interested in such a person? Wait, how can I even be interested if I have someone already, I have Jun. Even today during dance he was playing around with his friend and he never stops smiling when he’s with him. But really he never stops smiling at all and- He continued to think through the same thoughts over and over. He decided the best thing to do would be to go back to his room and read. Wonwoo dragged his feet back to his dorm and put in the keys.

 

He didn't anticipate seeing Minghao and Mingyu there.

 

On Mingyu’s bed.

 

On top of each other.

 

What.

 


ohmygosh!! imsorryimleavingyallhanging like this sdkdjfnksd;; DO LEAVE COMMENTSSS <3333