Chapter 3

Unexpected Roommate

 

Knock Knock Knock.

 

The door opened.

 

“Mingyu?”

 

Mingyu’s expression didn’t look too good. The sparkle that’s usually always twinkling in his eyes was now only a small shimmer.

 

“Mingyu what happened?” Minghao’s voice became softer as he let in his best friend. They sat down at his dinner table and Mingyu received some warm cinnamon tea. He sighed into his cup and waited for Minghao to sit down with him before speaking. Minghao knew when Mingyu was sharing his feelings he went on long explanations therefore he prepared tea for them both before sitting. “Shoot.”

“So- you know Wonwoo? Well it turns out he’s my roommate and he’s so inexplicably- incredibly cute, and stunning? and..” Mingyu took a breath before continuing. “He has a boyfriend.”

“Oh he does?”

“Yeah he does it’s this dude named Jun, does he go to dance too?” Mingyu seemed worried now. But mostly apologetic, he had flirted with someone who has a boyfriend and he did not want to become some kind of home wrecker. No matter how cute he thought Wonwoo was, I should probably apologize to him.

“I mean I guess there was a face missing today, I don’t usually pay attention to the people I just go to dance.”

“Okay but like, I kind of flirted with him.”

Minghao snorted just as he was about to bring his tea up to his lips, “Kind of? You had your hands all over him and there were actual hearts in your eyes.”

“What-”

“You were staring at him as if he was the only other person there.”

Mingyu rolled his eyes, “What, were you staring at him too?”

Minghao put his tea down. “No. I just could see how obviously heart-emoji you were through the mirror.” He waited for a response but he didn’t get one. “Anyway, so you’re afraid it’ll be awkward because you’re roommates?”

“Yeah…” Mingyu paused, “I think I should just say sorry- It’s not like I plan on stealing him away or anything.” He sighed, Even though he was really cute… “His boyfriend brought him food and so they’re eating it right now.” More than anything Mingyu began to feel embarrassed, did Wonwoo think he was a fool for flirting with him? “I left so they could have their alone time you know?”

“Makes sense, just say sorry when you go back or whatever, for now we could just chill and watch a movie or something.” Minghao stood up now walking towards the living room and turning on the TV flipping through Netflix.

“Cool!” Mingyu felt a bit more relieved as he talked about his dilemma and was now standing up too following after his friend.

 

 

Wonwoo and Jun were finishing up their meal as Jun had sat Wonwoo on his lap while sitting on his bed. “Did you like the food? I know you love pastas and things so I made sure they made it even better for you love.” Jun was running his fingers gently through his boyfriend’s hair.

“Yes I did thank you, but, uhm,” Wonwoo held Jun’s hand in his, “Jun...I’d rather not have such public displays of affection we talked about it…” Wonwoo could feel his cheeks heat up, he was flustered and confused.

Jun’s motions slowed down and he removed his hand from Wonwoo’s black locks. “I know babe, I just got super excited about seeing you, sometimes I forget. I won’t do it again.” Jun’s voice was soft and filled with warmth. Wonwoo loved that. He squeezed Jun’s hand and rested the back of his head on Jun’s chest.

Jun planted a small kiss on top of Wonwoo’s head.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow? You should rest.” Jun began to sit up letting Wonwoo follow his lead.

Wonwoo got up to walk his boyfriend out. “Mm, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Jun smiled and waved goodbye as he left the room.

 

As Wonwoo walked back to his bed he ran across the sticky note Mingyu had left for him on the small table between their beds. The smiley he used is so like him. He shook his head and decided to read his new book until it was time for bed. Wonwoo loved reading.

 

The jingle of keys could be heard and Wonwoo looked up from his book. He’s here. Don’t react.

Mingyu’s never ending smiling face appeared before him and he swore time slowed down.

“Hey Wonwoo.” Mingyu greeted and sat down across him on his own bed. “I actually wanted to talk to you.”

Wonwoo’s breath stopped, but he didn’t express his anxiousness and just closed his book. “Yeah?”

Mingyu took a deep breath before starting, “Hey I’m sorry for flirting with you during dance I didn’t know you had a boyfriend and I definitely didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable? I probably did, and I don’t want things to be awkward between us you know we live together and everything. I mean we just met and I moved in today, we’re roommates!” Mingyu looked at Wonwoo trying to read his expression. Wonwoo’s face wasn’t readable.

Wonwoo was shocked Mingyu could give such a long explanation, it really wasn’t necessary,

“It’s fine, sorry it seemed like you had to leave just because my boyfriend was here.”

Mingyu tilted his head, That’s it? Just an “It’s fine”?

Mingyu waved his hand, “No no, of course you can spend quality time with your boyfriend it’s your room too!”

“Yeah okay.” Wonwoo got up, “Let’s sleep now? I can turn off the light.”

Ice.

Mingyu’s warmth didn’t know how to process Wonwoo’s cold nature, “Uhm, sure.” He cleared his throat and stood up to take off his shirt.

Wonwoo’s eyes grew wide, Wow, he has-

He noticed that Wonwoo’s eyes grew wide, “Oh! I’m sorry, I usually sleep with my shirt off should I- just- keep it on?” Wonwoo’s thoughts were interrupted by Mingyu’s cute voice. Since when do I think his voice is cute?

Mingyu was already pulling his shirt back down, his arms accentuating themselves ever so nicely.

Wonwoo’s heart began to race.

“It’s okay, sleep how you’re most comfortable.” He looked down, not wanting to continue staring.

Mingyu nodded and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, shirtless. Even his back is attractive. Wonwoo pouted realizing he’d have to learn to live with someone this attractive to him.

 

Mingyu closed the door to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. Oh my god. He looked so cute with his eyes wide in shock. His heart started skipping beats. Stop it Mingyu you can’t be thinking this. He the faucet and splashed water on his face. He has a boyfriend and you don’t want to get invested and then hurt. Just let it go.

 

Wonwoo got into bed in hopes it would calm his racing heart. Please stop. He thought as he threw the covers over himself and rested his hand on his chest above his heart. He did not want to be having these thoughts. He wanted to sleep and just wake up feeling calm but even the thought of waking up next to a sleeping Mingyu drove him nuts. Stop.

 

Mingyu walked out of the bathroom refreshed and saw Wonwoo already in bed. He smiled, He’s asleep already? I thought he was going to turn off the light? Mingyu walked over to the light switch to turn it off and got into bed. Just let it go. He muttered to himself.


hello! just to notify yall, i plan on updating weekly ! so do expect updates, every friday..? asdjaskdah ENJOY . and comment on what you think about the characters !!! >o< or your favorite parts? anything !!