Chapter 2

Unexpected Roommate

Wonwoo walked into the dance studio with only one backpack strap slinged onto his shoulder.

“Hoshi is the choreography today really intense? I want to hurry back to meet my roommate!” Wonwoo exclaimed as he set his backpack onto a corner.

“Oh right you get your roommate today! Uhm, it's not too bad, and you're a good dancer.”

Wonwoo smiled as he stood by Hoshi in front of the mirror.

Mingyu and Minghao among other students began dropping in while also setting down their things. Mingyu walked in and followed Minghao to the front as it was his first time, until he spotted a particularly pretty boy off to the side by the presumed choreographer. I'm going to stand by him.

Minghao glanced at Mingyu who left his side to go stand by Wonwoo and mumbled to himself, “Not here to look at pretty people my .”

 

“Okay so first! We stretch!” Hoshi announced as he played some upbeat music in the background of their exercises. Soon, Hoshi began to go over the first few steps and everyone seemed to be catching on quickly. “And now, for the really cool complicated part!

This time, people were having a bit more trouble.

Wonwoo himself, was a bit confused and before he could go up to Hoshi a tall boy came up behind him and gently tapped his shoulder. As Wonwoo turned around he found himself becoming breathless at how gorgeous this boy was.

Wow.

“Hey I noticed you were having some trouble would you like some help?” Mingyu asked, carefully speaking.

Wonwoo blinked at him, Help?  “Yeah.” His response came off cold and short, Wonwoo wasn't very good at making new friends, (especially if they were cute.)

Mingyu smiled with his signature canines, seeming unfazed by Wonwoo’s simplistic reserved nature and nodded at him before standing behind Wonwoo so that they were both facing the mirror.

After seeing this boy's dazzling smile, Wonwoo quickly decided he had the cutest smile he had ever seen. Only because he looked like a puppy, not because his eyes were actually twinkling of course.

“It's like this.” He carried Wonwoo’s arm up with his own from behind him and then placed his hands on his hips, “Then as you do that you twist.” Mingyu’s hands slowly came up to hold Wonwoo’s waist and turned his body a little.

At that moment, Wonwoo felt chills go down his spine. Is he flirting with me?  

The sparkle from Mingyu’s smiling eyes had transferred from his fingertips to Wonwoo’s body.

But he didn't make an effort to remove Mingyu’s hands. Just don't return the flirting.

“You got it?” Mingyu asked, internally giving himself a high five at having contact with the pretty boy. “What's your name?”

“Wonwoo.”

“Wonwoo,” Mingyu repeated back to him, he liked the way the name sounded as it rolled off his tongue.

“Jeon Wonwoo.” Wonwoo said once more, in hopes he would hear Mingyu say his full name.

“Jeon Wonwoo.” Mingyu smiled again. “Hello Wonwoo, I’m Mingyu,” He paused before continuing and his hand began to reach for Wonwoo’s, making sure to brush their fingers against each other. “Kim Mingyu.”

“Mingyu.” Wonwoo repeated, he hoped he didn’t sound as breathless as he felt.

“You got it?”

“I got it now thanks.”

Mingyu tilted his head, “You want to show me to be sure?”

Wonwoo found himself nodding yes before having time to verbally respond and presented the dance with a twist of his hips.

God he’s beautiful. Mingyu thought as he watched Wonwoo swiftly carry the moves as if he hadn’t just had problems. My prince.

“You got it!”

Wonwoo swore he felt his heart skip a beat just by the mere glance of the other.

 

“1 and 2 and 3 and done! Great job today everyone! Let’s all meet back at our usual time!” Hoshi announced as dancers made their way out. Mingyu made his way over to Minghao, “Hey-”

“Don’t even start.” Minghao interrupted before slinging his strap over his shoulder. He nodded over to Wonwoo, “He’s standing alone over there, I’m just going to head back to my dorm first I’m tired.”

“Okay!” Mingyu playfully responded as he made his way towards Wonwoo.

Minghao only shook his head.

 

“Hello my prince.” Mingyu suddenly said, smirking as he waited for his response.

Hoshi waved towards Wonwoo to inform him he’d be walking back to his dorm first. This just left him alone with Mingyu. He turned to find Mingyu’s confident expression, “H-Hi?”

Mingyu was standing next to him now and brought up his arm momentarily, almost as if he wanted to wrap his arm around his waist. But he didn’t. “So…where is your dorm? You want to walk back together?” Mingyu asked, hope dusting his eyes. Wonwoo couldn’t bear to keep constant eye contact, or any at all for that matter. He called me his prince. He looked down towards the ground, his fingers finding a home in his pockets.

“Yeah we could do that.” Wonwoo then remembered his gratefulness towards him, “Thanks for helping me out during dance today.”

“Yeah, it’s nothing really, if you have trouble again you can always ask me for help.”

Wonwoo only nodded in response. They began to walk and made their way out the door. Wonwoo turned to the right and Mingyu followed. “Oh hey! I live on this side too!” He exclaimed excitedly.

He’s just like a puppy. “Yeah? What floor?”

“The 6th!”

Now it was Wonwoo’s turn to smile, “We live on the same floor.”

“No way!” Mingyu almost began skipping at this news but kept himself grounded as best as he could as they made their way up. “What year are you?”

“I'm a sophomore.”

“Me too!!”

He's really so excited… Wonwoo swore if there wasn't a roof above their head Mingyu would've started bouncing four feet into the air. He could feel the other's excitement and he wouldn't stop blinding him with his dazzling smile. Pup… Wonwoo compared again, he loved dogs, and he couldn't believe this boy was acting like a dog in human form.

 

They continued walking when Mingyu said, “Hey! My dorm is right here!”

“What..? You’re my new roommate.”

“Really?!-”

Halt.

 

“Hey babe.” Jun greeted, he was standing in front of Wonwoo’s dorm and leaned in to plant a kiss on Wonwoo’s lips.

No, Mingyu-- Wonwoo thought, he didn’t want this to happen, not in front of Mingyu.

 

Miss.

 

Wonwoo turned his head so his boyfriend’s lips only landed on his cheek, his eyes glancing up to catch Mingyu’s. But Mingyu’s smile did not falter. The smaller dropped his gaze and looked towards Jun, who’s eyes seemed a little lost, but he shook it off. “I was waiting for you I brought food! I figured you might be hungry after practice.” Jun was now wrapping an arm around Wonwoo’s waist pulling him closer.

“Oh. Uhm…” He looked towards Mingyu, almost as if for approval, Why am I being like this?

“No worries! I was going to go hang out with my friend Hao, he’s waiting for me! Enjoy your dinner!”

“Goodbye…” Wonwoo replied softly, almost hesitantly, he didn’t want him to leave.

 

He sighed as he watched Mingyu’s shadow turn the hall, and walked into the room with Jun for their meal.


tell me how you feel! >o<