Chapter 1

Unexpected Roommate

 

“Come on Wonwoo, let’s go meet for lunch!” Hoshi yelled over the phone, “Jun’s here too.”

“I’m coming, I'm coming.”

Wonwoo smiled to himself as he finished putting away some books, he was excited because today was the day he was finally going to get a roommate. He had been the only one in his hall to not have a roommate for the entire first week of the new semester of college and was eager to finally have someone to talk to about classes and school activities, although he didn't mind the time by himself much. Wonwoo was more on the reserved side, and being on his own didn't really bother him.

I should leave a sticky note or something… Wonwoo paced back and forth before he picked up a pen from his side of the room on his desk.

 

“Hi new roommate. We haven't met yet but do make yourself at home! I'm excited to meet you.”

 

Wonwoo stared at the sticky note once more before deciding to add a smiley face after the last punctuation mark. There.

 

With that, Wonwoo threw on his backpack and made sure not to forget his keys as he departed from the room. Today, he was not only excited for lunch with his boyfriend Junhui but also for dance practice. Wonwoo enjoyed dancing and so did his pals so he would dance with them every day after class in the studio. He sighed to himself as he made his way down the corridor to get to the bench where they had lunch.

 

Spotted.

 

“Hey sweetheart.” Jun greeted as he let Wonwoo sit beside him and wrapped an arm around his waist. Wonwoo loved the warm look in Jun’s eyes as he sat beside him.

Hoshi rolled his eyes, “Lovebirds.”

Wonwoo blushed and kept his eyes on his food as Jun began to feed him. “Whatever, are we going to dance practice after this?” He asked as he chewed.

Hoshi nodded, “Yeah! It's going to be really fun! I stayed up last night creating this whole new choreography and you could say-” He pauses and swiftly shows a precise movement he created the night before. “I perfected it.”

Jun laughed, “Yeah yeah but you're also the one who made the dance itself so if you did it wrong you'd just adjust it an-”

“That's great Hoshi it looks really cool!” Wonwoo interrupted as he stuffed some fries into Jun’s mouth.

“Thanks Wonwoo!” Hoshi exclaimed as he looked at Jun who was trying to chew through all the fries between his lips.

“What was that for?” Jun asked as he looked towards Wonwoo, who only gave him a look. “Oh hey by the way I can't make it to dance today… sorry Hoshi…you'll have to show me the new choreo next time..”

Wonwoo glanced towards Jun’s direction in worry. But Jun quickly soothed his worrying boyfriend by brushing his fringe to the side gently, “My mom needs me this afternoon that's all.”

“Alright, well make sure to be there next time-” Hoshi swung out his arms again, almost wacking a passing student in the face. “Oh my god I'm sorry-- but you know to uh, learn the moves…” he cleared his throat and drank water.

Wonwoo smirked at him, Silly Hoshi..

 

Their lunch continued with their laughter and Hoshi showing off his dance moves…

 

 

Mingyu huffed as he finally brought his last luggage up to the 6th floor of the dormitories. Jesus Christ.

He brought out his phone and his checklist and he unpacked his belongings and quickly called his best friend. “I swear- If he doesn't pick up…”

Ring ring… Ring ring… “Hello?”

“Hello!? Where are you? Do you know how hard it was to bring up all my stuff to the 6th floor!? As happy as I am to finally be able to move in, it would've been nice to have some help.”

Minghao snorted on the other side of the line, “Oh yeah? Is the poor little puppy whimpering from being abandoned?”

“Shut up Xu Minghao, or I will, personally, come for you.”

“Hah sure you will.”

“Listen.” Mingyu was whining now. The dark haired tall male was lugging his luggage into the room when he came across a sticky note sitting on his desk.

“Anyway, You knew I couldn't help you today I had class during your move in time.”  Minghao began over the line.

Silence. Mingyu wasn't responding. He was reading the sticky note left by his roommate that he had yet to meet.

“Hello? Mingyu? You're so annoying first you complain then you won't answer-- Don't forget to meet me outside I'm waiting for you out here. I'm hanging up bye.”

All Mingyu heard was the beeping of a cut off call. Their friendship was like this, they had grown up together. Minghao had moved to South Korea from China at about 8 years old and as soon as he met Mingyu they hit it off. When they first met, Minghao couldn't speak Korean very well. But, as their growing friendship grew stronger so did Minghao’s Korean. They were best friends and were always there for each other. And yet that bailed on me when I needed to bring luggage up 6 entire floors.

 

Mingyu shook his head as he put his phone back into his pocket and looked at the sticky note. He smiled to himself, I'm glad he's excited to meet me too.

 

A light bulb appeared in Mingyu’s brain as he also took out a new sticky note and a pen to write a reply.

 

“Hey! I'm excited to meet you too! :D”

 

Mingyu stuck the note onto the little table between their beds and went on his way to meet his best friend.

 

 

Mingyu jogged up to where Minghao was standing and didn't make eye contact.

“Aw come on Mingyu don't be like that.”

“Whatever you could've skipped class for me but I see I'm not important.” Mingyu replied.

But then they made eye contact and both burst out laughing.

“Anyway, Are you coming to dance today? There's tons of pretty people.” Minghao nudged at his friend's arm. Minghao had begun going to dance club earlier than Mingyu did for the sole reason that he had a dorm on campus before Mingyu.

“Minghao I’m not going to go to dance to go look at pretty people I'm going to dance because I like to dance.”

“Yeah that's definitely why you joined photography club last semester, because you like taking pictures, I'm sure, not because, of someone named Joshua? Hmm?” Sarcasm was littering Minghao's voice and Mingyu kicked at the grass.

“He wasn’t the reason Hao.”

“Sure- let's just go!”


 

hey guys! it's nice to meet you my name is yvonne, please leave comments TTT they motivate me! but i really hope you guys enjoy this story, i've been working really hard on it for the past few weeks askdjasjk TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !!