Reunion

Coffee Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten found himself running away from the coffee shop, away from the confusion that's making his head spin. The bustle of zooming cars and the buzzing voices of the people around him didn't faze him at all, his feet just kept its pace, taking him somewhere familiar.


The Thai panted heavily as he reached the huge old oak tree on the park where he and Lucas, or maybe he could call him Yukhei, used to hang out. With a heavy heart, he sat on the grass, hugging his knees as his chin rested on them. He didn't know why he escaped from the three males on the café, he wasn't mad.. just surprised and confused. He looked up to watch the twinkling diamonds on the dark sky, trying his best to calm himself down but there are just too many questions swarming on his mind that won't give him peace.


He stayed like that for a moment when he hearda soft rustle near him. No fear enveloped him because the presence was too familiar, too familiar that he didn't even had to see who it was because he already knew.


"Hyung. Can I sit beside you?" It was Lucas, of course. Who else would chase him this far? With the weeks they spent together, the younger had known him too well. Scratch that, he knew him til they were kids.


The barista only gave a nod as a response, not even sparing a glance towards the other boy. He felt Lucas positioned himself on his right, scooting closer that their bodies are almost touching. An arm circled around the Thai's shoulder and another hand held his head gently, making him lean it on Lucas' shoulder. His being easily recognized the taller's warmth that he quickly relaxed into it even as he nervously fiddled with his fingers. "Why are you here?"


Lucas ran his fingers through the barista's soft black hair to ease his worry. "Because you are here, hyung. I know that maybe you needed some time to think first but I couldn't wait for another day so I can explain to you. I can't risk it."


Ten almost gasped. It shouldn't be a surprise to him that the other knew that small fact about him but he still found himself gaping. "It's really you, huh? My childhood bestfriend Yukhei?," he asked, bitterness laced in his voice.


The student hummed in response, fingers gently forming circles on Ten's back. "It's really me, hyung. The Wong Yukhei you met when you were just eight years old. The one who protected you from whoever tried to touch you. Yes.. that's me," he answered sincerely, eyes not leaving ravenette's face.


But Ten couldn't help himself to meet the brunette's gaze, not when he's near to breaking down. This was totally different when it was Johnny who told him that he was his lost friend. No hesitations, no doubts, all of him believed Lucas instantly. His heart knew Lucas all these time  that's why he immediately got comfortable with the latter's company. Ten's lips were tugged into a faint smile. "Where have you been, Yukhei? Why didn't you tell me the moment you knew that I am Chittaphon?"


The brunette switched his attention to the shining stars above, heaving a deep sigh before speaking. "It was here when I discovered that you are my Chittaphon. When you mentioned that you were Thai, I had my suspicions already. I didn't know about the Ten part in your name so I didn't find out the day we met again. It was only when we are here, having our first friendly date, when you told me about your long lost bestfriend, that my suspicions risen. The possibility was almost a hundred percent. As you keep on talking about him, my mind wandered to the past, wallowing on the same memory you are sharing to me. And I was right, you are my Chittaphon."


His Chittaphon, Ten thought, heart skipping a beat at the possessive way Lucas said it. He must be  crazy. But it isn't what he had to prioritize right now. Memories of him knocking on the brunette's door and their maid telling him that Lucas already flew to another country flashed on the barista's mind. What he had gone through wasn't a joke. "You didn't answer my first question. Where have you been? Why.. why did you leave me?"
 

Upon hearing the betrayal, longing and pain on Ten's voice, Lucas quickly reached for the former's hand and squeezed it tightly so he can't pull it away. He heaved a deep sigh and spoke. "I.. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter