Confusion

Coffee Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright and happy day. Weeks had already passed and Ten's life just kept getting better. After their confession, he and Lucas had been more closer and sweeter even though they still don't have a label. He was only waiting for the other to ask. He was more than willing to say 'yes'.

Ten was busy wiping the tables when the café's chimes rang and his head automatically turned to see whoever was it. He was greeted by a tall man with a well-built body, almost like Lucas' but this one has jet black hair and definitely isn't a student.


He straightened himself and smiled widely. "Good afternoon, sir!," he cheerfully exclaimed as he wiped his hands against his brown apron before making his way to the counter. "What would be your order?"


Taeyong left earlier on his lunch break and the junior barista remembered him saying that Yuta would cover his shift for him. Still, the latter hasn't come and Ten was thankful that only few customers visit the shop else, he'll be doomed. The man in front of him didn't reply instead, he was looking at the smaller with curious eyes.


"Ten?," he called his name with a voice laced with sadness and.. longing? "It's really you!," the stranger suddenly grabbed his hands and puts them closer in his chest.


The barista blinked in surprise and confusion. The man in front of him wasn't familiar at all. He quickly pulled his hands away and stepped back. "W-who are you? Do you know me?" He wasn't stupid enough to ask the taller where he'd get his name because he already had a nametag on his shirt.


"I'm Yukhei! Don't you remember? Your childhood friend!?," the man beamed, his index finger pointing at his chest. He had a wide smile on his face now, eyes twinkling in delight.


Ten eyed the taller carefully as if examining his features. He remembered Yukhei as a small kid. Did puberty hit him so much he is now this tall? He got brown hair back then, or did he dyed it now? He's confused. "You're.. Y-Yukhei? H-how come? And.. how d-did you find.. me?" He stammered for he was in state of shock. He couldn't believe it. It has been 13 years or more.


The taller pursed his lips, loudly stomping his feet on the floor. "I went back to Thailand to look for you but you weren't there! Til I saw your mom and she told me that you came to Seoul. I badly wanted to see you again so I decided to come here. I missed you so much!"


The barista shook his head, massaging his temples to clear his hazy mind. Should he believe this man? He admits that he's happy to meet his childhood friend again but why does it feel like something's off? He was exhaled deeply before meeting Yukhei's eyes. "How can you prove that you're really Yukhei?"


"Shall I tell you our story then? Easy! You were a very lonely kid years ago and you attracts all the bullies in our subdivision. One day, I wasn't able to take how much they're hurting you so I butted in and fought them. I might be smaller but my q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter