Chapter 3: And So It Begins

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you serious?!” Shin Hye answered back dumbfounded.

She knew Sung Jae’s reaction was not typical when he was told that she is not his mother but to go all the way to pretend to be his mother, isn’t it too much?

Min Ho saw Shin Hye stood up and so he did as well. “Please here me out. You will only pretend to be his mother only until he will understand that you are not his mother. It won’t be long I promise. I will take him to his mother’s grave so that he will understand. Just please, for now. Only for now.” He begged.

Shin Hye saw the desperation in Min Ho’s eyes. She took a sit back and heaved a long sigh. “What happened to Sung Jae after her mother died?”

Min Ho gave him a long look and knew that she was starting to cave in. He answered. “This afternoon, when you saw him at the mall, we came from the clinic.”

“Clinic? Why?” She asked.

“Sung Jae is seeing a therapist. After his mother died he has been having this episodes where he hyperventilates and the therapist said that this was his body’s reaction towards his mother’s death. At first he was okay but as days passed by when he did not see his mother he started to hyperventilate.”

“During this afternoon’s session his therapist said that Sung Jae seemed distant and sad. He was not answering his questions and was not participative. So I decided to take him to the mall to buy him some things.”

“That was when we got separated. There were a lot of crowd in the toy shop and he slipped away. I am thankful that you were the one who found him. If it were not you I don’t know what would have happened.”

Shin Hye chucked “Well, I actually did not find him, he found me instead. He clung to me like glue that the waitress thought that I was a bad mother.”

“Sorry for causing you all this trouble.” Min Ho apologized.

“Gwenchana. I am just worried though.” She said.

“Worried about what?” He asked.

“Worried about how we are going to go about this setup.” She said straight away.

“Does that mean you are agreeing to be his mother?” Min Ho asked with a hint of hope.

“For now, I guess. I don’t want to see Sung Jae get hurt if a simple white lie can save him all the pain. Why not.” She said.

Min Ho just looked at her knowing she still has more to say.

She continued “But you have to understand that I also have a life to live. I cannot just immerse myself to be his mother and leave my current life. I also have a responsibility.”

But Min Ho was not one to falter.

He said “I know that you are not married and you live alone. So it is either you don’t have a boyfriend or you do. That is the only thing that I can think of that could hinder you from this situation.”

Shin Hye was wide eyed with what he said “wait, how do you know that I am not married?”

Min Ho said “I called my lawyer to check on the registry of your status. I will not offer you to pretend to be my kid's m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter