CHAPTER 11: The Chase is On

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What transpired hours before was one for the books. Who would have thought that Shin Hye would be stepping inside Min ho’s turf let alone meet his best friend and help him with something that she is good at?

But aside from that she has put herself on hot waters and is now standing inside a room with three men. One looking at her with a confusion written all over his eyes, another with an amused look and another one who caused all her troubles.

Shin Hye stood frozen and did not know what to do. Should she tell Il Woo that she is not Min Ho’s wife? Legally she is definitely not but she and Min Ho had an unwritten contract though.

Luckily Il Woo fund his voice and defiantly patted Min Ho’s arms. “Hey, you did not even invite your best friend to your second wedding. Since when have you both been together?” He inquired seemingly fishing for information.

Shin Hye decided to let Min Ho take the lead thinking that he would have a blunder with all the lies that he must cover.

Min Ho now went behind his desk and started packing his things. “It’s a very long story Il Woo but I promise that I will tell you some other time. For now, me and my wifey would need to leave and shop for a new laptop.”

“Ehhh?” Shin Hye reacted.

“You said I need to bring an expert the next time I buy a new laptop. You are an expert. Problem solved. Now, let’s go.”

Min Ho held Shin Hye’s hands once more and led her to the door as they exited and went inside the lift leaving the two gentlemen inside the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Min Ho and Shin Hye were on the way to the mall having planned to purchase a new set of laptop as advised by Shin Hye. They were both sitting inside the car, Min Ho driving while Shin Hye is on the passenger seat, when he noticed that she was spacing out.

He noticed that Shin Hye has this habit of biting her lower lip when she is lost in her thought.

“Do you need help with that?” He asked.

Shin Hye has this questioning look on her face not really understanding what Min Ho was trying to say.

“I mean, you were biting your lip. You should stop doing that before I do something to your lips.” He answered as if what he said was just nothing.

Shin Hye quickly pursed her lips and looked straight at the road ahead.

Finally, they arrived at the mall. As they were strolling around, Shin Hye who has been meaning to ask Min Ho about something finally found the courage to do so.

“Why did you tell Il Woo that I am your wife?” She blurted out.

Min Ho knew that Shin Hye was going to ask that question sooner or later.

“Do you like Il Woo?” He asked.

“Why are you answering my question with another question?” She retorted.

“The answer to your question will rely on your answer to my question.” He flatly said.

Did she like Il Woo? Was He smitten by his boyish look and happy personality? She asked herself this question. But even before she had the answer, they have arrived in front of a computer shop with lost of gadgets and devices that peaked her curiosity.

She went inside the store leaving Min Ho standing at the entrance.

Min Ho was fascinated with Shin Hye. She has never found a woman who would be enthralled just by seeing gadgets all around her. Most woman would go crazy with branded clothes, shoes and jewelry but not her. He saw another side of Shin Hye that intrigued him.

She calmly went inside the store and looked around while keeping an eye on her. Shin Hye was not talking to one of the male sales agent who was so keen in their conversation. For him, they were just mumbling about technical stuff that Min Ho does not understand.

“You made a good choice in choosing this laptop. This is one of the best that we have with specs that are way better than the rest that we offer. How did you know how to choose this?” Min Ho heard the salesman asked.

“I read a lot of Technology Magazines and websites and came across this brand and was curious if it really meets my expectation as an end user. The reviews are great though.” Shin Hye answered back.

“For a lady like you, I would not have thought that you are in to this kind of stuff.” The salesman added.

Shin Hye gave the young man a smile. “I get that a lot.”

Min Ho did not like where their conversation was heading so he butted in to their discussion and said “Jagi…Are you done choosing? Should we get two of those?”

Shin Hye who was getting use to him calling her ‘jagi’ asked “why should we get tow laptops?”

“Couple laptop. Isn’t it cute? And I thought you were curious if the reviews meet your expectation. We can’t share laptops as I will be needing it for work.” He answered as if what he said made any sense.

Before Shin Hye could even answer Min Ho continued “please get us two and have it boxed. Thank you.” He reached out for his card and gave it to the salesman who was clearly embarrassed over how he acted towards Shin Hye.

Min Ho was clearly not in a good mood over what happened. Though he was happy that Shin Hye came to help him fix his trouble at work and help him shop, he was not happy that she is getting a lot of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter