CHAPTER 8: The Boy Who Held Her Hands First

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny afternoon but there were two people who felt like a glass of iced water was dropped on their head because a new person just came in to the picture. That person seemed happy and his atmosphere was as sunny as the weather.

Shin Hye knew all along who took hold of her hand. It felt familiar and comfortable. She knew that it meant nothing but why did she felt like she needs to explain the situation right in front of Min Ho? The hands that were holding hers did not seem to have any inclination of the mess that person just put her into.

Shin Hye quickly snatched her hands away but the other person just quickly grabbed it once more. This made Min Ho furious.

With a calm voice he speaks under gritted teeth “Let go of my wife’s hands.”

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho with her wide doe eyes then looked at the person who was tightly holding her hands.

“Wife? Since when did you get married Shin Hye-ah. I did not even get invited.”

Without letting go of Shin Hye’s hands, he looked at Min Ho and greeted him “Annyeonghaseyo. Chonun, Yong Jun-Hyung -imnida.”

Min Ho racked his brain thinking who this guy can be. The name sounded familiar to his ear. Then it dawned on him. Jun Hyung. Wasn’t he the one that Shin Hye was talking to over the phone during the first day they met? Yes, right. Jun Hyung the best friend.

He got more irritated. Why should Shin Hye choose a guy for a best friend and why does this guy have to be an engineer and on top of that he was good looking as well. He exudes charisma all over him and seemed very likable.

Shin Hy quickly went back to reality and pulled away her hand forcefully. “Yah! Jun Hyung. neo michyeoss-eo?”

“Weh? What did I do wrong?” Jun Hyung asked.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were on travel.” She asked.

“you told me you have organized an event for the campus and this is your first project. So being the best bestfriend that I am, I have to be here. I thought of surprising you, but it turns out I was the one surprised.” He answered acting like he was hurt.

“Mianhe. I’ll explain to you, are you staying for long?” She said.

“Anni, I just drop by and looked for you. I have to get going right away as I still need to go to the next block to do some business.” Jun Hyung answered.

“Give me a call then once you are free so we can talk.” Shin Hye said calmly.

“Arasso. I’ll call you soon.” He said with a smile. He then looked back at Min Ho and said “It was nice seeing you and you can stop glaring at me. I am just the best friend, not a boyfriend or even an ex-lover.” Then he quickly left not really caring how the other guy was reacting.

Shin Hye was once again put in a very tight situation. It is during this times that he wished Sung Jae would just barge in to ease the situation. And it seems like luck was on her side as Sung Jae came running back to where they were.

“Appa. The inflatable was really fun. But I am hungry already.” The kid gave his cutest pout which could melt anybody’s heart.

Min Ho knew that him and Shin Hye still needs to discuss what happened but knew that it would just have to wait until it was just the both of them in a room without any disturbance. He knelt down in front of Sung Jae and gave him a smile saying “What does Sung Jae wants to eat?”

“Ice cream and hotdog.” He gleefully answered.

Min Ho took hold of Min Ho’s hands and stood up but before they walk over to the are where the foods where sold he slightly leaned towards Shin Hye left ear and said “We are not done yet. Let’s talk when we get home.”

They hurried off to the several food carts that were lined in the ground and choose the food that they want to eat. They chose from a variety of food items and settled down in one of the benches to have their fill.

The day ended quickly with Sung Jae being the happiest among them. He had his hearts content and went to the rides that he wanted to get in to. He ate the food that he loved a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter