Chapter 4: The Circus Begins

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye woke up early the next day. She estimated the time to get from her apartment to the Lee Mansion would take around 30 minutes thus she decided to wake up at 5 to give her more time to prepare.

Despite having gone home late at 1 in the morning, she still mustered herself to rise from her comfortable bed to pack her stuff and take a quick shower.

When she arrived at the restaurant where Jun-Hyung was waiting her mind was already filled with a lot of thoughts. Even her best friend noticed. She had to make up a lie in order to keep him from asking a lot of questions.

Nonetheless she knew Jun-Hyung can easily catch up with her lie and she need to buy her time so that she can explain to him what happened. Jun-Hyung has been close with her ever since their college days. He was there when her parents died, and they have been sharing the apartment for quite some time now.

She remembered their conversation late last night over a glass of beer.

“Mwoh? Your going where?” Jun-Hyung raised his voice a bit making sure Shin Hye hears him.

Shin Hye looked at him with her puppy eyes saying, “I said I won’t be staying in the apartment for a little bit.”

“Why not? It can’t be because you need more privacy? How much privacy do you need since you’re practically living alone.”

“It’s not that. It’s just that I have some special project that I need to finish which requires me to be away.”

Jun-Hyung was more confused “yah! Park Shin Hye. What kind of special project is that, that you need to leave the apartment? You are a college professor. Not some detective or special forces agent.”

“Mianhe. I can’t answer you for now but you trust me right?”

Jun Hyung sighed. He really does not like the idea but when she gives him the trust card, he can’t seem to say no to him. “Of course I trust you. When have I not?”

Shin Hye knew that he won this time and give her best friend the brightest smile “Thank you! I know I can count on you.”

Jun Hyung had not choice “fine I will give in but the moment this special project of yours backfires you have to call me right away. I will pick you up no matter where it is.”

“Deh!” Shin Hye was beaming.

When she opened up the topic of her living out of the apartment, she knew Jun-Hyung would ask a lot. Although her best friend is often not home due to being a civil engineer and travelling to work location, he is still concerned of her where about.

Although Jun-Hyung did not like the idea but he still caved in knowing that Shin Hye knows what she is doing and trust her completely. Now that everything is settled, Shin Hye quietly went out of her room with her tow luggage and went out of the apartment. She made sure to leave a note on the fridge so that Jun-Hyung won’t get hysterical trying to look for her.

She arrived at the Lee Mansion at around 6:30 in the morning. Although it was not the break of dawn as she promised however it was still pretty early as the house is still peaceful and quiet.

She rang the doorbell and luckily the ajuma from last night opened the gates for her. She was ushered to the living room.

“Anyoung haseyo agashi. Master Lee has not come down from his room yet. Why don’t you wait here in the living room first.”

“Chakamanyo. Ajuma.” The old lady stopped and looked at her inquisitively.

“Can you tell me your name? Shin Hye-imnida. Mannasuh bangapseumnida.” She introduced herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter