Chapter 2: A Favor to Ask

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was starting right in front of the person whom Sung Jae calls as his father. He looked troubled and shocked to see her. Since he was not saying anything, She decided to start the conversation.

She said with a slight bow "Annyeonghaseyo. Chonun, Park Shin Hye-imnida."

"Sung Jae saw me standing here while browsing for something to eat calling me out. I saw that he was not with anyone, so I just waited with him in case someone would come to pick him up. He has already eaten a cake and chocolate drink, so you don't have to worry."

As Shin Hye continued to talk, she noticed that the man does not seem to be listening to what she was saying. So she stopped talking and called him out "Ahjussi, are you OK?"

The man looked at her straight in the eye and said "What did my son call you?"

Shin Hye was confused with the question. "What?"

"You said Sung Jae called you out. So what did he call you?"

Shin Hye now undertsands what he means. She was reluctant to answer the question though thinking that it was all a mistake. But for the sake of answering him she said "Omma. He called me omma."

The man who seems to be holding his breath sighed heavily. He already knew what happened yet he hoped that it was not true. He looked at his son who was now happily playing with his reconciled toy and looked back at her.

"Mianhamnida, Park Shin Hye-ssi if Sun Jae has caused you any trouble. by the way, I am Lee Min Ho. Lee Sung Jae's father."

She answered "Nice to meet you Mr Lee. No worries, he is such a charming kid. He was not a bother at all. I enjoyed his stories but i thing you would need to explain to him that I am not his mother as he seems to be convinced that I am so."

"i'll try to talk to him about it but can you stay for a while while I tell him that."

Shin Hye was not sure why she needs to stay but agreed anyway. He saw Min Ho approch Sung Jae but she also noticed that he was adamant about something. He squatted right in front of the little boy and started to call his attention.

The bright little kid fixed his attention to his father and listened to what he was about to say.

Min Ho said "Sung Jae-ya, it is time for us to go home now. It is late, and you need to rest."

"Arraso appa. So, omma is coming home with us, right?"

Shin Hye was just standing and looking at them curiously.

Min Ho answered "Sung Jae, Shin Hye-ssi is not your mother. She just looks like her."

Shin Hye saw the change on Sung Jae's face. He seems like he was holding his breath then she heard him say "Anniyo appa. She is not Shin Hye-ssi, she is omma. Don't you want to be with her?"

The more Min Ho explained to him the more Sung Jae hyperventilated. Shin Hye knew that she had to do something or else something bad is going to happen. So she went near Sung Jae, hold his hands and give him a hug.

She noticed that his breathing started to become normal and he stopped crying. She hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter