CHAPTER 13: This Is It

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was relatively very tired. He had finally locked the deal with a very big client, but it was not a walk in the park. It took him days of hard labor and hours of convincing before he was finally able to get the papers signed.

It was a very long night for him. Having been able to step away from the celebrating party at around 4 AM, he went back to his hotel, packed up his things and boarded the flight back to Seoul. God, he missed Seoul. The smell of the air is different and the people who are there makes him missed the place more.

Min Ho boarded the flight without much thought. He was very tired and just wanted to be back home. He took a quick nap on the plane as he sat comfortably on the business class flight. He inclined his chair and the whole world was gone as he dozed off.

The next thing he knew, he heard the stewardess in the intercom requesting the passengers to straighten their seats and prepare for landing. He felt a bit relieved having been able to get a quick sleep, but he knew he needed to rest more.

Min Ho patiently waited for the plane to land. He has instructed his secretary to have his driver pick him up at the airport as he eagerly wanted to take a long rest. He has been anticipating lying down on his comfortable bed and sleep the day away.

As he stepped outside of the arrival area, Min Ho quickly scanned the place looking for his driver whom he knows would be waiting for him. But alas, the driver was not there but instead he saw another familiar figure.

Min Ho did not think even in his wildest dream that the person waiting for him at the airport would be there at that time. It was very unlike of her. Is Min Ho just hallucinating? It couldn’t be true right?

But his eyes were not playing with him. The sight right in front of him was a sight to behold. It was the face that he had missed for weeks. Why on earth was she here? Did she really come here to pick him up? If she was then this would be the warmest welcome, he had ever received from her.

As Min Ho fastened his steps, he can see Shin Hye holding a bouquet for flowers. The flowers were beautiful, but nothing could compare to her beauty. In a couple of steps Min Ho was now in front of Shin Hye. But instead of receiving the flowers, Min Ho saw the opportunity to give her a warm hug as her arms where wide open.

Shin Hye’s arms where stuck in an outstretched position as Min Ho gave her a hug.

“So happy to be back home.” He said in excitement.

Shin Hye can see how exhausted Min Ho looks and pitied him. He placed the palm of her hands on Min Ho’s back and patted him.

“Welcome back.” She said.

Without breaking the hug Min Ho asked “Did you really came all the way here to see me?” He was worried knowing her answer but hoped for the best.

“Were you surprised?” She asked.

Min Ho chucked “Very. I never imagined that you would come to pick me up.”

He let go of the hug and looked at her face. Shin Hye looked back with a worried look.

“You look stressed.” She said with a pout.

Min Ho creased his forehead “Do I really look that bad?”

“Ani. You still look handsome as ever. But you don’t look rested.”

Min Ho was taken aback. Did she just say what he heard her say? “Did you just say I am handsome?” He asked back.

Shin Hye blush profusely. Did those words just came out of ? “Ah..What I mean…Is that…Ahhhmmm…” She was stuttering.

Min Ho laughed lightly “Kiyowo.” He took the flowers that Shin Hye was still holding before saying “Thank you” gave her a wink then held her hands and ushered her out of the airport towards the waiting car.

It will take an hour for them to arrive at the house. Min Ho and Shin Hye sat at the back seat of the car as the driver waited for their turn to exit the gate.

As the vehicle slowly drove off, Min Ho can feel his body slowly caving in to the exhaustion. So without a word, he placed his head on Shin Hye’s shoulder and dozed off.

Shin Hye sat frozen still. Mainly because she knew that the person right beside her was really tired and she does not want to make a move so as not to disturb his sleep. Shin Hye did not really mind Min Ho sleeping on her shoulders and let him do so as she slowly moved to a comfortable position.

The drive towards home was smooth. There was still no traffic and no bumps on the road. As They slowly stop in front of the main door of the house, Shin Hye ask the driver to get the bags and bring it inside while she slowly woke Min Ho up.

Min Ho stirred from his seat feeling a bit sore on his neck. It has been an hour that he stayed in the same position. He slowly opened his eyes and luckily the car has tinted and the sun which was shining brightly already, did not penetrate them inside the car.

He sat up and fixed himself. He opened his eyes and look at the person beside him “did we arrive already?” He ask.

Shin Hye nodded.

“Did I dozed off from the airport until here?”

Shin Hye nodded once more.

“Did I sleep on your shoulder for the whole ride?”

Shin Hye gave him a smile and nodded again.

Min Ho was apologetic to Shin Hye. He knew that he must have given her quite the discomfort. But before Min Ho can say anything further, he noticed something shiny on Shin Hye’s neck. He has been sleeping on her shoulder for the whole time but did not notice the metal that was hanging on her lovely neck.

He took a closer look and held the necklace with his fingers.

“You wore it.” He said surprised.

“It is very beautiful. I love it. Thank you.” She said honestly.

Min Ho felt his heart skip a bit after hearing what Shin Hye said. She loved the gift. Does it mean she accepts the gift? Does it mean that she is giving him a chance?

But before Min Ho can even open his mouth Shi Hye said “let’s talk about what you are thinking later. For now you need to rest. You look exhausted.”

Min Ho knew that Shin Hye was right. He was really worn-out and he does not have enough energy to convince her to say yes to him. For now he was happy that things are going well for him and decided that he needs to recuperate to fight a bigger battle.

“That’s your words, OK. We will talk about it later. So that means that you will have your answer ready by then?” He said.

“Hhhmmm” She said.

“When I wake up after resting, let’s go out. Just the two of us.” He said.

“But…”

“No buts. It’s not a question, it’s a statement. So I already assumed that your answer is yes.”

After saying those words, Min Ho quickly gave Shin Hye a peck on her cheeks which made her face turn scarlet red.

After doing so, he went out of the car and left Shin Hye on the back seat all stunned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Min Ho did not lie that he is going to sleep off the whole day. After what happened inside the car, Min Ho went back to his room, cleaned up and went to sleep. When he woke up it was already two in the afternoon. He had promised Shin Hye that they were going out. So he went and took a bath dressed himself up casually and stepped outside his room.

Sung Jae was currently having a school activity on a Saturday afternoon which was a great opportunity for him to spend the whole afternoon with Shin Hye.

He knocked on Shin Hye’s door for a couple of times but there was no response. He went down and started to look for her. Did she by any chance run away from him because of what he did this morning?

As Min Ho was walking around the house he remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter