CHAPTER 12: Roses are Red But Why Are Your Cheeks Redder?

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am really so sorry for the long wait. Been busy with work and some relationship struggles lately...Will update the story this week with a couple more chapters

Love Lots Louise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The restaurants bustling sound was not able to penetrate the silence that transpired inside the private room that Shin Hye and Min Ho occupied. You can literally cut a knife to the thickness of the atmosphere.

How Shin Hye wished that the waiter would come barging in in order to break the ice. It was very intense to say the least. Min Ho just dropped a bomb and she can’t seem to keep away from getting hit.

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho and she can see that he was serious with his question. She wanted to avoid the question: “are you serious?” She asked though she already know the answer.

“Do I look like I’m joking right now?”

“What made you think that I would agree to this?” She asked again.

“I did not know whether you would agree or not. It is called taking a risk.” He answered back.

“You are so confident about yourself then.”

“You are an engineer Shin Hye and engineers are risk takers and open-minded.” Min Ho pushed her further.

“Yes, we may be risk takers, but we based our decision from facts and logic.” She defended.

“Here is one fact for you then, people around us already believed that we are in a relationship; may it be Il Woo or the dean at the university. Then here is your logic, if they believe that we are already in a relationship then the best way to support that fact is to be in a real relationship.”

“You are twisting facts and logic. The fact is we are in a pretense relationship based on lies.” She said.

“But still, a relationship. Thus, I am asking you to be in a real relationship with me so that it wont become a lie.” He cut her off.

Min Ho can see the crease that is forming on Shin Hye’s forehead. He knows that he is pushing her way too ard right now and wanted to ease her thoughts.

“Fine, Let us compromise.” He exasperatedly said.

Shin Hye’s darted back at his face and was intently listening.

“I won’t ask for your answer.”

“Thank you.” Shin Hye heaved a sigh of relief.

“For tonight. But soon you would have to answer.” He said.

“Give me time to think about it. I will give my answer when I am ready.” She honestly said.

“I’ll give you time but while you are thinking, please do not push me away. I will show you reasons why you should say yes.” He said with conviction.

Shin Hye did not know what to say. Min Ho seems so sincere and honest. Does a man really exist like him? She seems to be swayed towards him. He is a good businessman and he seems to be using his skills in negotiating to make her believe in him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Both Min Ho and Shin Hye went home that night all quiet. They retired to each of their room and were lying on their bed contemplating on what happened for the whole day. It started rough but ended on an awkward note.

Min Ho asked himself if it was right for him to say those things to Shin Hye without preparing her. He was not even sure how he had the courage to say all those things and acted that way. He was frustrated because Shin Hye is a very attractive person and she commands attention from the men around him.

But despite that, he does not have the right to keep them away. Heck! He is not his real husband…not even a boyfriend. He thought he needed to find a way to keep her close to him and keep other man away from her. He felt possessive of her, yet he does not understand why.

This woman has a strong hold of his emotions and he does not like it. He needs to find a way to make her say yes and work on his feelings. He has a long way to go but had already made up his mind to start pursuing her; whether she accepts him or not in the end.

Shin Hye on the other hand is tossing and turning on her bed. Min Ho has stirred her emotions and he has been doing so for quite some time. She has trying really hard not to entertain the thought of Min Ho, but he has been slowly creeping up on her mind. This man is making a permanent mark on her life and she is scared, scared to be hurt again.

She has been through a tough breakup which made her decide to stir away from being romantically linked with a guy. She gave all her time, effort and love to that person, yet he ended up breaking her heart. At first, her ex-boyfriend was really sweet and caring. He would woo her so often that she believed that everything was all flowery and great. But slowly those times faded into this air. The relationship become toxic and painful. That is why she decided to just let it go. She can’t be in a relationship with a man whose arms were holding someone else.

It pained her so much as she was in denial. She saw her ex with a girl but because she trusted him so much, she said to herself that the rumors she heard were not true. Not until she was forced to face the fact when it was her then boyfriend who told her himself.

She was devastated. She could not believe it. She thought that what they had was a perfect relationship. She did not believe in hearsay but in the end the hearsays became the truth instead. She did not even give meaning with what she saw with her own eyes.

That is the biggest reason why she gave that condition to Min Ho when he proposed that they still act like husband and wife in front of the public. Because she does not want to get hurt anymore. She wants truth and wants transparency. Once Min Ho finds someone he truly cares and loves, she would want him to tell her first so that she won’t break her heart again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The following days and weeks Min Ho had been making lots of effort to show Shin Hye that he was serious with what he said. He wants a real relationship with her and he is making every way to make her believe that he meant it. Little gestures like complimenting her everyday made Shin Hye’s heart flutter. He was such a gentleman and Shin Hye’s heart is shaken.

But Min Ho became quite busy with work. During one of their conversation she remembered Min Ho saying that they had a big prospected client who is looking in to the company for partnership. He was putting in much effort in order to lock the contract and Shin Hye can see him working over time just to achieve the contract.

One lazy afternoon, Shin Hye was giving her class some research work and ask them to partner and discuss among each other about algorithm. She was seating behind the desk situated at the platform while reading her notes for the next class.

After a couple of minutes, she heard a knock on her classroom door which catch the attention of the whole class. The door swung open and he saw a young man bringing along a large bouquet of red roses and a basket loaded with chocolates and candies with a single teddy bear holding a letter.

Her class went wild with what they saw. The young man asks her permission if he can come in and she ask him to come forward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter