CHAPTER 10: The Beginning of Something…

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All night long Shin Hye could not seem to fall asleep. Her brain has been racking in finding the reason how Sung Jae has realized that she is not his real mother. Though she has been subconsciously influencing Sung Jae to understand the truth but somehow, she wants to hear the reason from Sung Jae himself.

Aside from that, she ahs been contemplating on her conversation with Min Ho. She also does not understand why such a man would still want to keep her in his house. These two men have the same attitude. They really do are a father and son pair making her head spin of their weird way of thinking.

Her head were full of these thoughts until she was able to fall asleep at a very late time. She woke up with her head spinning and head off to work just like any other day. She really wanted to talk to Sung Jae but decided to skip it til later when they are alone.

Luckily Shin Hye only had half day of work as the campus had a meeting will all the board members which gave her enough time to skip and went over to pick up Sung Jae from his school. They went over to the nearest restaurant and ate lunch with the charming kid who was really happy to see her pick him up.

While waiting for their food to arrive she quickly texted Min Ho to tell about her shorter work hours as well as picking up Sung Jae from school so that he wont worry. She has already called the driver ahead of time so that he won’t have to waste his time picking up the little boy.

As they were happily digging in on their food, Shin Hye started questioning Sung Jae about how he knew about her real identity.

“Sung Jae-ah, can omma ask you a question?” Shin Hye slowly asked.

Sung Jae just looked at her while biting on his pizza and nodded.

“How did you find out that I am not your omma?”

Sung Jae looked sorry and apologetic and was silent for a while.

“I knew that you are not my real omma when I saw you at the mall.”

Shin Hye felt a tinge of pain while looking at Sung Jae’s confession. She can see that he was hesitant in telling her the truth and was sorry over what he did.

“Then why did you call me omma then?” She inquired.

“Because I miss omma and I was really sad that day and when I saw you I remember her.”

Shin Hye can see tears threatening to fall from his eyes. She quickly got up from her chair and went over to where Sung Jae was sitting with his head down and quickly gave him a hug.

“Sung Jae-ah, don’t worry. Omma is not angry. I just wanted to know. I’m sorry if I made you feel bad.”

Sung Jae hugged her back and stayed with in her embrace. They continued with their meal as if the conversation did not happen. Before going home, Shin Hye took Sung Jae to the store next door so that they can buy couple bracelet which had their names written on it. Sung Jae had Shin Hye’s name on his bracelet while Shin Hye has his name engraved on hers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shin Hye and Sung Jae went home right after their afternoon soiree. Sung Jae was resting in his room while Shin Hye was in her room checking on her papers. She was flipping through the thesis that were submitted by her students for review when she received a call from her phone.

Without looking at the caller, she pickup the call and answered after a couple of rings.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Shin Hye, are you at home now?” the person on the other line asked.

Shin Hye quickly looked at her screen to confirm who is the caller as she heard a familiar voice on the other line. She realized that it was indeed him, Min Ho. She kind of asked why this guy is giving her a call.

“Yes, I am at home now. Why?” She asked.

“I need your help. Can you come down to the office?” Min Ho asked with a sense of urgency in his voice.

Shin Hye quickly dropped the paper on the table and gave the call her full attention.

“Why, what happened?” She nervously asked.

“I’ll explain to you once you get here. I have called the driver and he is waiting for you at the main door. He will drive you here. Drive safe.” Min Ho quickly answered and dropped the call.

Shin Hye was not even able to respond back as all she heard was the sound of the tone which signals that the person on the other line has already left.

She quickly changed to something decent and grab her bag and went out of the room. The drive towards the company was intense. Shin Hye was not really sure what kind of help Min Ho needs and she was kind of bothered. On the other hand, she is also nervous as this is the first time that she will be stepping inside the corporate world that Min Ho is living in.

As the car stopped at the food of the building, she quickly opened the door and informed the driver that she can manage. She went out from the car and went directly inside the office building.

As she entered she noticed the posh design of the lobby signaling that the company is no joke. It is indeed very la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter