CHAPTER 9: A little Bit of You A Lot About Me

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month have passed since Shin Hye started living under Min Ho’s roof. Their small world has started to fall into place and Sung Jae could never be happier. They went out regularly during the weekends and Min Ho made sure that he spares an ample lot of time with his little boy.

The relationship between Min Ho and Shin Hye is slowly progressing and they have become friends. Their interaction has now moved from simple greetings to having meaningful conversation with any topic that has come to mind.

Min Ho realized that Shin Hye is one opinionated woman who can stand ground with what she believes in and would never back down without a good fight. But aside from being strong-willed and intelligent, he also saw the other side of her which is caring and loving. He often eavesdrops between the interaction of Sung Jae and Shin Hye when he comes home and peeks at the boy’s room.

On the other hand, Shin Hye has grown accustomed to having Min Ho around. She got used to him dropping her off to work and picking her up when he is not busy at work. Her colleagues have even come to believe that they are really in an intimate relationship because of how Min Ho treats her. She cannot deny nor confirm though because of their delicate situation. But there are still times that she wonders if what Min Ho is showing her are genuine or is he just making an act for the kid.

Oftentimes Shin Hye wonders if what she is doing is right and if what she is feeling is also right. She has started to feel differently towards him unlike the first time that she steps foot at the Lee Mansion. Before she just saw the house as a place that she will temporarily live in but now, going home with Sung Jae waiting for her and ajumma smiling at the door makes her feel that she is at home. It is the first time in a long time that she ever felt being needed and wanted with utmost sincerity.

For Jun Hyung, Shin Hye has finally confessed to him what happened. They met over dinner and it is an understatement that Jun Hyung was furious over what she told him.

“Mwoh?! What did you just agreed to do?” Jun Hyung ears were turning red and smoke was coming from his nose.

“Jun Hyung-ah. Don’t be angry at me. You know I can’t stand that.” She pleaded.

“Yah! What you did was foolish. How can you agree to such an arrangement? Are you out of your mind?”

“Of course not. But Sung Jae is a really sweet kid and I can’t bear to break his heart. He is very emotional right now and if pretending to be his mom cam give him comfort for the time being then I am willing to do it.”

“How long do you plan to keep up with this lie?” Her best friend ask.

“Not for long. I am slowly explaining to Sung Jae about who I really am. I am showing him that I am different from his mother so that he can see the difference.” She explained.

“Good then. How about Lee Min Ho-ssi?” He asked curiously.

“What about him?” She countered.

“Don’t play dumb with me Shin Hye. I know you. I’ve known you for the longest time and I know that look and your reaction towards him.” Jun Hyung lamented.

“Yah!  Jun Hyung. What are you talking about? There is nothing going on between us.” She denied.

“Don’t act dumb. You feel something for him but you are denying it. How long are you going to keep with keeping your heart locked. It has been years and I think it is enough time for you to move on.”

“Yah! I have moved on. It has been a long time. Can’t I just be happy being single?”

“Stop calling me ‘yah’, I have a name and you are a teacher, geez. Fine do what you want to do and deny as long as you want. Sooner or later it is going to bottle up and pop without you even knowing it.” He said.

“So does that mean that we are good? You are going to keep my secret?” She asked with a smile.

“Yes, for you I am going to keep it but keep me posted, alright?”

“Deh, ajushi..” She joked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Shin Hye arrived at the Lee Mansion with a bag of goodies in her hands. She went directly to Sung Jae’s room checking up if he was there. She gave the big door three knocks before coming in.

“Sung Jae-ah…What are you doing there?” She asked.

“Just doing my assignments omma.” The boy answered.

Shin Hye went to where his study table was and sat beside him.

“How was school?”

“School was great! I met a new friend today. He came from Busan and his accent is different, but we had a lot of fun.” He said.

“Ah! That’s good to hear. Having new friends at school is nice. You should invite him over some time so that we can meet him.”

“Deh. Omma, can you help me with this assignment in Math?” The boy asked.

“Sure, let me have a look.”

Shin Hye took a closer look at his assignment and taught Sung Jae how to answer them, It did not took them too long to finish the assignment and they gave each other a high five.

“We’re are done! Finally! It is time that I give you your reward.” Shin Hye then picked up the bag of goodies that she brought home. She placed the chocolate mousse cake as well as the cold chocolate drink on the table.

Sung Jae’s eyes were sparkling with happiness. He eagerly dive in to the food and ate to his heart content.

After eating, both Shin Hye and Sung Jae were seating on the bed and having small conversation about cars and aircrafts when suddenly Sung Jae said “I know that you are not my real omma.”

Shin Hye was taken aback with what she had heard. She did not know what to say to the boy who was looking down at his hands as if he made a terrible mistake.

“Sung Jae-ah. Even if I am not your real omma, I sill care for you and love you with all my heart.” She confessed.

The boy looked up to her with tears in his eyes. “Chincha? You are not angry that I made you call me your son? You are not angry that you became my omma even if it is not true?”

“Why should I be angry? You made my days happier and made my life filled with joy. Why should I be angry to the person who makes me feel happy?” She asked.

“Then you won’t leave us right? Because I make you happy.”

Would it be wrong to say that she did not want to leave? She knows her position in the house and that is being a house guest. But on the other hand, she has grown to love the kid in front of her that separating from him would cause her heart break.

“No, I won’t leave you, not now, not ever.”

“Can I still call you omma then?” He asked.

Shin Hye that it would be wrong for her to say yes. Now that Sung Jae already knows that she is not his real mother, she should give the father and son the space that they need. After all, she is just an outsider to their family.

“Sung Jae-ah. As much as I want you to call me omma, I think sooner or later your appa will find a person that he would really love and would love you both endlessly.” She explained.

“Then you can be that person right? So that you can really become my omma.” Sung Jae pleaded with big brown eyes.

Shin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter