Merry Christmas Babe.

How We Met

"KANG JAEHEE DO IT PROPERLY." Naeun exclaimed as Jaehee burned another set of matcha cookies.

Jaehee was at Naeun's house busy baking Christmas cookies.

She was going to the Christmas Carnival at Insadong with Do Hwan, and decided to bake a couple of cookies for him.

"At this rate you're going to make us late for our dates."

Naeun had a Christmas date with her boyfriend as well.

"Mianhe, I'm really bad at this." Jaehee said sheepishly.

"Aigoo look at our ice princess baking for her man. As much as I hate him, I hope the both of you have fun today. No more arguments okay?"

"Thank you eonnie." Jaehee hugged Naeun.

"Haven't seen him in awhile. Went to Japan for 2 weeks, I miss him a lot."

"Aigoo Kang Jaehee."

 

"Eottoke, I'm going to be late." Jaehee said as she panicked in the cab.

"He better love the cookies if not he's going to die." Jaehee said as she giggled to herself.

*Phone Rings*

"Yo where are you? Late as usual?" Do Hwan said over the phone.

"Mianhe hehe." Jaehee said.

"I'll just go for a quick smoke first." 

"Alright." Jaehee said disappointed voice.

Jaehee didn't approve of his smoking habits, he said he would cut down for her. But he never did.

 

"Oppa!" Jaehee hugged him from behind.

Do Hwan smiled and hugged her back, "I missed you so much."

"Same here." Jaehee said smiling.

"What should we have for dinner?"

"Something fancy? It's Christmas afterall."

 

"So the other day Naeun was telling me she was finally committing into a serious relationship with this guy she met on Cupid's Arrow. Can't wait to meet him and oh..."

"Why do you always talk about the people around you." Do-Hwan asked boredly.

"What do you mean? I'm always like this, I'm happy for my friends. You know how important they are to me." Jaehee said in a colder tone.

"Alright, enough of this. So when are you going to introduce me to your friends? It has been 4 months."

"I don't know, when we're officially together? You haven't asked me to be your girlfriend yet." Jaehee said softly.

Do Hwan sighed and said, "You know....you know why I haven't asked you yet right?"

"Cause you're not sure whether you want to commit in an LDR with me, am I right?"

"What do you think my answer would be." Do Hwan said in soft tone.

"I'm guessing it would be a no. I don't even know."

"Why?"

"Oppa, I know how you're like. You don't like to be tied down, you like the attention from people. You're still young, and you're going to have plenty of opportunities to meet pretty girls here in Korea."

"I...I don't know."

Jaehee started tearing up, "I was hoping for a 'you're wrong Jaehee ah' "

"Do you want your answer today?" Do Hwan asked.

"It's time to face it. We have been avoiding this topic enough."

Do Hwan reached out for Jaehee hands.

"Jaehee-ah you know I love you..can we not talk about this."

"Oppa, I'm flying off in a month time. It's only fair for me if I get the answer today."

"I..I can't do this."

"Say it. I've been preparing for this moment for sometime already." Jaehee said as she downed her wine.

Do Hwan hands played around nervously with his wine glass.

"Jaehee ah, I don't think I can commit in this long distance relationship with you. I love you a lot, but I don't think I can picture a future with you."

"Ah jinjia..."

"I'm sorry."

Jaehee took out her Christmas present and gave it to him.

"Is this for me? I didn't prepare anything for you, I'm so sorry." Do Hwan said as he scolded himself in the inside.

"Let's leave it as it is. I would like it if we kept a distance from each other from now onwards." Jaehee said.

"Thanks for everything Jaehee ah, I mean it." Do Hwan said.

"Take care oppa." Jaehee said as she left the restaurant.