Cupid's Arrow and Four Idiots

How We Met

"Cheers!" , The group of newly graduated college students clinked their alcohol glasses and downed the alcohol.

"Aaahh..This is so refreshing!" Jaehee said as she wiped off the alcohol from her lips and slammed the cup down.

Naeun shook her head and refilled their cups with alcohol.

"What are we going to do when our Jaehee leaves for the states?" Kai sighed, "I won't have anybody to disturb."

Jaehee threw the perfectly grilled meat at Kai's face, "Ya, I'm not dead yet. It's just that my parents want me to head to the states to get my degree. I'll still come back to Korea."

"Yeah your family probably prefers you going to a reputable university overseas. I get that, how's your internship at JFK Group going?" Myungsoo asked calmly as Naeun and Kai bickered over something stupid.

"I'm starting in 2 weeks time. Then after my internship ends I'll prepare for the states." Jaehee said as she downed another glass of beer.

 

Jaehee, Naeun, Kai and Myungsoo have been friends since they were five. 

To be exact, they met at one of the company gatherings where the chaebol families gather to celebrate special events like an opening of a new subsidary, marriages within their own social circle, engagement parties and more.

They were just four really bored kids who couldn't be bothered with the things happening around them.

Keeping up with the snobbish kids were a big no for them too.

"I'm pretty sure Maeyoung Group's youngest daughter's face is plastic. I saw the modifications clearly when I was making out with her in the club." Kai laughed.

Myungsoo bopped his head and Jaehee shook her head, "Aigoo our little Kim Jongin, when will you ever grow up."

The four of them did everything together and were there for each other during their tough times.

Like when Kai's parents divorced and his paternal grandparents made it impossible for his mum to step even a foot into the household, Kai was devestated as the guards were everywhere and he couldn't run out to bid farewell to his mum. His friends were there to visit him everyday till he cheered up and mustered the energy to go back to school. Naeun was the one briefing Kai about school work. Jaehee was the one who kept on making jokes to try to cheer him up. Myungsoo being the ice block he was, was just there making himself comfortable with Kai's playstation but never fails to deliver his favourite food everyday.

Oh yes, and how when Myungsoo got beaten up by his dad because he caught his dad cheating with another lady. The three of them plotted many ways to get back at the lady, from bursting the tyres of her car to vandalising her workplace, yeah.

And another time when a schoolmate made fun of Naeun about the death of her mother, Jaehee threw a rubbish bin at the student and almost got expelled. Myungsoo and Kai gave that schoolmate a tough time in school too, resulting in that student transferring school.

Or when Jaehee's dad remarried and the three of them were beside her the entire time, holding her back and just be there for her emotionally.

They were the troublemakers of the school, wait scratch that, they were the most powerful students of the school and they didn't care about anything at all.

The four of them likes to drink and party a lot, it was basically their past time. Kai and Myungsoo were preparing to go to the army, Naeun was preparring for her admission to Seoul University and Jaehee was preparing to go to the States for university.

"Guys guys, look at this dating app. Apparently, it's trending among the people of our age nowadays. I heard Youngseo found his girlfriend there." Naeun said as she whipped out her phone, showing off her latest dating match on the app.

Jaehee shook her head and Kai replied, "Aish I rather be hitting on the hot chicks in the club. It's faster." and Myungsoo just went back to eating.

"Ya! We ain't getting any younger, you guys got to find a companion so that the three of you would stop fooling around. Especially our Jaehee who hasn't dated for ages." 

Kai and Myungsoo laughed hysterically at that comment and then proceeded to down another glass of beer as Jaehee scowled.

"What's wrong with being single, I can party and play without any worries." Jaehee said.

"You should listen to Naeun and try downloading the app. Just find a handsome guy there, date for awhile and then poof, you're off to states. No commitments, no strings attached."

"Are you serious?" Jaehee rolled her eyes.

"I know deep inside you want to!" Naeun laughed.

"Fine, I'll give it a try."

 

CUPID'S ARROW PROFILE

Name: Kang Jaehee

Age: 20

Bio: Just here for the fun of it. Don't bother.

 

"Daebak, you really created a profile." Myungsoo said.

"Whatever, I admit, I'm lonely. Why not have some fun before I leave for the states."

Myungsoo nodded and said, "Be careful. You'll never know."