SPILL

How We Met

"Woah slow down." Myungsoo said as he watched Jaehee down that shot of soju.

Kai casually placed a perfectly grilled meat on her plate while Naeun scurried to refill her shot glass with soju.

"The ladies in JFK Group were y as heck, and my boss happens to answer to Woo Do Hwan."

"Woo Do Hwan? Sounds familiar..." Kai paused, "Oh my gosh! I actually know him!"

"Duh."

"So what's up with him?" Naeun asked.

"Matched with him on Cupid's Arrow, coincidentally bumped into him while you guys were at a dance floor, bumped to him again in the company and we had lunch."

"Huh?!" The three of them exclaimed together.

"Aigoo, our Jae Jae is growing up." Myungsoo cooed.

"I just googled him, and dayum this guy is hot." Naeun said as she scrolled through her phone.

"Okay so apparently, my sources tells me that he is trouble. Player, player and player. I suggest you stay away princess, unless you wanna get your heart hurt before flying to America."

"Plus, you know it's never gonna work out. A guy like him can never commit to a long distance relationship."

"Yeah I know, we're just friends. Nothing much." Jaehee said as she downed another shot of soju and chomped on her meat aggressively.

 

"Aish, I shouldn't have drank so much. That bad habit of mine." Jaehee complained as she struggled to walk with her heels up the steep slope in the exclusive neighbourhood of Gangnam.

*Beep Beep* 

A car honked at Jaehee from behind, she turned to her left and saw him.

Him, Woo Do Hwan.

"Huh?" Jaehee said.

"I expected a hi, but 'huh' is fine as well."

"Whatcha doing here? Are you...stalking me?"

"Chill out girl, I'm just on my way back home. My house is just a few streets down actually."

"Heol."

"Unmyung (fate)." Do Hwan smirked.

 

Do Hwan smiled when he remembered his date with Jaehee and recalled her shock face everytime they bump into each other, by chance.

"She's different from the other girls definitely. She's different." Do Hwan thought.

He pulled out his phone and pressed some buttons before pressing the phone to his ears.

"Hong Jong Hyun ssi." Do Hwan said jokingly.

"What do you want brat? It's 2am in the morning, and..."

"Listen, I've got an emergency." Do Hwan said.

"Wae?"

"I think, I like this girl. Her name is Jaehee, and I think I like her for real."

"You think? Interesting." Jong Hyun mocked

"Hyung, should I give it a shot? She's leaving for America soon to pursue her studies, do you think...I should even try?"

"I would say, don't start something that you can't commit."

"But..she's different."

"I feel like you might be lonely inside, that's why when you met her. It stirred up some emotions and you misunderstand this loneliness as true feelings."

"Hyung, my gut feelings tell me to go for her."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Do Hwan hung up the phone and plopped on his king size bed.

"Am I really lonely? Or do I like her?" He asked himself. 

"I don't care, I like her, and I'm going to give this a shot."