Must Be Fate

How We Met

"Kang Jaehee? Oh, you're the new intern Mr Shim is expecting." The receptionist of the huge office building greeted Jaehee and gave her an office pass.

"Yeap, that's me. Which level am I suppose to go to for the marketing department?" 

"Just give me a moment Ms Kang, I was instructed to call Mr. Shim when you arrive. Why not you just take a seat first, while I make this call?"

"Alright." Jaehee replied, perplexed.

It was uncomfortable, the department head coming all the way down to meet her. 

"Kang Jaehee?"

Jaehee looked up and saw a familiar dashing face staring right back at her with an amused smile, "Daebak, this must be fate."

"Woo Do-Hwan ssi? What are you doing here?" 

"I'm here to.." Just then, Mr. Shim, the marketing head of JFK Group greeted the both of them.

He bowed to Do Hwan, "Good afternoon sir, here to visit the chairwoman?"

"Sir? Who are you exactly?" Jaehee asked, surprised.

"He's the chairwoman's grandson Ms Kang." Mr. Shim answered in a respectful tone.

"Daebak, you're technically my boss then. Let me re-introduce myself, I'm Kang Jaehee, a new intern at JFK group." Jaehee reached her arm out.

Do Hwan gave a firm and amused handshake, making it seem like he is almost making fun of Jaehee, "Woo Do Hwan, the only heir to JFK group. Lunch with me later Ms. Kang?"

Jaehee smirked and said, "We'll see." and left with Mr. Shim.

 

"Thank you Mr. Shim for coming all the way down to fetch my incapable self up to the office."

"Oh no worries at all, the chairwoman specially instructed us to look out for you. We'll do the best we can to make your internship with us as smooth as possible."

Jaehee gave an awkward smile, "Aish I told that old man to leave me alone during my internship, my plan of keeping low profile is slowly going down the drain."

 

"Halmeoni!" Do Hwan barged into the chairwoman's prestige office.

"Aigoo my precious grandson."

"Jonghyun bought a silk scarf for you from Dubai. It's one of the top grade silk."

"That sweet little kid. His parents brought him up well, I like that kid. Bring him back for a meal soon, I'll get the maids to cook his favourite steak."

"Halmeoni, I've got a question."

"Yes?"

"Since when did JFK group started accepting interns? I've just met with one on my way up."

"Ah Kang Jaehee? She's Daehan's Bank daughter, her dad specially requested an internship with us. Couldn't say no to him, he has helped our company out several times. He's a friend of ours."

"No wonder you sent the department head down to her personally."

"She's a chaebol herself..interesting."

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Kang Jaehee, the new intern in the marketing department. I look forward to your guidance." and Jaehee gave a 90 degrees bow.

The office ladies scoffed at her, jealous of how she had the connections to get in as an intern, most importantly, they were really jealous of her good looks.

Jaehee sighed internally, she could already feel the curious and unpleasant attention directed at her.

All she wanted was just to do well in her job before she flys off for university.

"You'll be assigned to Dahye, one of our associates who has been working for us for 3 years." Mr. Shim stated, and went back to his office room.

"Dahye-ssi what can I help you with?" Jaehee asked in a polite tone.

"For starters, just help me photocopy the whole stack of this paper, and help me book a venue at a good hotel for the Financial Summit coming up soon." Dahye said as she dropped a pile of paper on her desk.

Jaehee sighed and blew her bangs in fustration, "Aish, appa jinjia."

 

"Finally it's lunch time!" One of the ladies in her department exclaimed. The other workers all gathered in their own lunch groups, preparing to leave.

Jaehee looked around and realised that no one has the intention to ask her to join them for lunch. 

"Omo, prince is coming!" One of the younger guy associates exclaimed.

The girls immediately got their mirror out to adjust their makeup and attire, it was as if they had somebody to impress, and Jaehee shook her head.

"JFK just gets weirder and weirder day by day." Jaehee muttered to herself.

Just then she heard somebody clearing his throat, and Jaehee looked up to only see the staff members throwing her curious stares.

"Lunch with me? We've agreed on this." 

Jaehee raised her brows and said, "Pasta. I want pasta."

Do Hwan smiled and said, "Pasta it is then."

 

"Good looking people have it easy."

"Omo it's only her first day here and she got the prince to ask her out."

"Is she a gold digger? Perhaps she dated him to intern here."

Jaehee heard all the passing remarks given and Do Hwan noticed how uncomfortable she was.

"Don't mind them. They love to gossip because working at JFK is pretty stressful. We're one of the biggest in Korea afterall."

"Got it. Stop bragging."

"Which pasta shop do you want to go to?"

"There's a good one nearby." Jaehee said.

"Wait, we're walking there?! I have a car.." Do Hwan said.

"Stop acting like a spoilt chaebol, its literally just a few streets in front."

"But..but.." Do-Hwan was confused, girls always love his flashy Ferrari sports car which his mum got for him for his 18th birthday.

"Oh right, she's a chaebol too." Dohwan said to himself.

 

 

Sorry for the really late update. I was so busy with schools and finals are coming up really soon. I'll update more frequently after my finals, right now just bear with my sloth like updating speed. I'm honestly shocked at the amount of readers I'm getting, thank you for the support. Once again, comments are welcomed so I know what I can improve on and how you guys are liking my story.