petunia

our love is yellow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

petunia

resentment and anger

 

Sehun had been kicking a pebble on the floor for awhile as he leaned against the brick wall, waiting for a certain someone to get out of class. In one hand, he held the colorful bouquet, and the other was stuffed in his leather jacket pocket.

 

The moment he heard the doors open, his eyes searched for Hyejin, a petite brunette from the horticulture department. He had first spotted her in the greenhouse back when he followed Kyungsoo to do some environmental science study. Sehun may be the type to have short-lived relationships, but he at least treats them well. He has interests, or maybe infatuation would be a better term, but it usually fades away.

 

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to take a chance with Hyejin.

 

Hyejin was one of the last students to come out of the building, and Sehun called her name before she walked past him.

 

“Yes? Wait, aren’t you...Oh Sehun?” Hyejin looked at him with a mixture of amusement and confusion.

 

“Yes, I am. I, uh, just wanted to give you this,” Sehun brought out the bouquet from behind him. “I hope you can understand my feelings through these flowers.”

 

“Thank you,” Hyejin grinned as she accepted the floral arrangement. She carefully analyzed the petals, paying attention to each stock. “Okay, let’s see...there’s geraniums? Um, orange lilies...and--what--wild tansies?! Is this some sort of joke?”

 

“What?” Sehun had no idea why her tone of voice changed suddenly.

 

“You know, this hydrangea should be for you!” Her face contorted into anger as she threw the bouquet at Sehun’s feet.

 

Sehun just stared at her, speechless about her actions. Does she not like flowers…?

 

“What are you trying to say?! That I’m a stupid and heartless ? Thanks, but no thanks,” Hyejin huffed as she tightened her grip on her backpack straps and stomped away.

 

Sehun let out a breath of disbelief as he picked up the bouquet and thought about his backfired confession. “What the just happened?”

 

 

Seulgi’s photography class had just ended, and it was now her shift at the floral shop. She placed her things in the employee lounge area and pinned her nametag on her blouse before coming out to the counter. Despite the slow business, Seulgi found that she had a real passion for flowers. The job offered her a place to unwind from her growing art projects and plus, she had gotten really good at sketching flowers.

 

As Seulgi cleaned up the counter, the bells rang and she quickly greeted the customer, “Hi, welcome to--”

 

The customer looked furious. He was very tall, and Seulgi would probably say he was very attractive if not for the fact that he had such a cross look on his face.

 

“I demand an apology,” the man’s stern tone irked Seulgi a bit, but she maintained calm and polite.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Who was the one that made this bouquet?” He tossed the loosely tied flowers onto the counter and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

 

“I made it, but I don’t see the problem here,” Seulgi glared at the man, not breaking eye contact with him.

 

“I specifically requested a confession bouquet, but what is this? The girl got angry and threw it at my feet,” he coldly expl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter